Fever Press: - Fever Weekly Issue #401 | FeverClan - Gaming Community

Fever Press: Fever Weekly Issue #401 (1 Viewer)

SunKenRock

Clan General
Aug 5, 2016
Kitchen
Clan Rank
Lt. General
Lt. General

Issue 401

Index:
(Click on any of them to be redirected)

Editorial

Announcements
Fever Events
Fever Jobs
Inside Fever
Fever FNG
P.O.W.
Member Spotlight
Fever Flair
Tech News
E-Sports
Game News
Miscellaneous
Gaming Beats
Funnies

And the Weekly train keeps on going.- SunKenRock

Grim Dawn has a new XO with LordDarksider

Final Fantasy 14 has changed XOs with Diane

Newly added Ghist to Classic WoW XO

Welcome wolfieaz to HoTS XO

Also a reminder that Medic739 is running Divison 2, so get into contact with him to play or if you want to help.

Game Nights:

Events Schedule

Calendar

Please check the forum calendar and #events channel on Discord for up-to-date event times. Also see the suggestions thread for any requests and/or offers to host an event

If you would like to help ensure your game's game nights, events, etc. are listed and want to have the ability to post them on the calendar, or your game nights do not appear on this calendar over the next few days, please contact Medic739. He will get them squared away.

To convert the times to your timezone, use the following tool: Time Zone Converter. Please check the Discord Events channel for reminders about events. Also with some game nights being made up for that day due to the people who are on.

Clan Jobs: In and out of gaming

Fever Clan Job Roster Master List

This link will take you to everything Fever and provides a table of contents to direct you to what you may seek. If you do not see anything for a game that you are looking for (or might be interested in starting a group in) contact:

Head - @Thundernut,
Deputies - @Gizmo256, @Violet,
@Axle (Recruitment), @Ghist (Game Nights)

Important Openings In Job Positions

In an effort to help support immediate needs by the different departments and companies, the following list has been generated. It will be updated on a monthly basis. Please reach out to the contact personnel for more information about the roles.

Clan Jobs Forum!

This is a forum dedicated to job adverts where companies and departments can post their available jobs, specify what it would entail, and if it is open to officers and/or enlisted. You are not required to use this forum, but it's here as a means to help you get personnel into your section. When that position is filled, please make a final post that the position was filled and then close your thread (or request to get it closed if you do not have permissions) to further responses.

League of Legends: August 6th Game night

Grim Dawn: New XO for the section

Grim Dawn: When should game nights be?

Warframe: Lastest patch notes

Fallout 76: Nuclear Meltdown

Kirito / Maven / TGCyanideGrave / Cecilos / mrwright13

Last week's winner was Lord Warlock - please congratulate him!

This weeks nominees are:

Vagabond

Mattitism

LordDarksider

PoW 08-05-2019

Former enlisted now an officer , Diligaff

SunKenRock: What is the history of your Fever name. Do you use it everywhere, or just for this site?
Diligaff: DILIGAFF is a bastardize Military acronym meaning “Does It Look Like I Give a Flying Fuck”. The originally it is spelled with two “L”s and one “F”. My first character was named Dilligaf in Everquest. Some kind person found it to be not the nicest name so I had to rename it. So we have the spelling it is today.

SunKenRock: How were you able to find Fever?
Diligaff: I found Fever through the in Game Clan finder on Diablo 3. The Clan seemed very active in game and had 3 Fever Clans. I was originally in Fever 2 and met some very helpful people. I joined the Discord channel, moved up to Fever 1 and met many many more very helpful and fun people playing.

SunKenRock: Ive seen you have been a part of Fever for 5 months. What have you liked most so far?
Diligaff: Without a doubt the people.

SunKenRock: Are you still playing the game you started with or have you spread out?
Diligaff: Yes. I am still playing the same game and have spread out to other games. I have played games that I never heard of and have enjoyed meeting new people.

SunKenRock: Out of the games you have played, what is the most favorite?
Diligaff: I would say the one I started with the Clan, Diablo 3.

SunKenRock: Is there anything you are waiting for? Future games, expansions, dlc?
Diligaff: I am enjoying Diablo 3 Seasonal changes and waiting for the new Season to come out.

SunKenRock: Have you always been gaming all your life?
Diligaff: No. I spent most of my life in the Military and computers was not something common when I was young so it wasn’t until very much later in life that I got hooked.

SunKenRock: Where did you begin first, when did make the move to PC?
Diligaff: My step brother got me started playing Everquest waaaaay back when.

SunKenRock: Now to take a step back, do you have any hobbies outside of gaming?
Diligaff: I like fishing and boating, swimming. all kinds of shooting sports, golf, horseback riding, reading a good book and anything that isn’t working.

SunKenRock: Any type of hidden talent, or something you'd like to share that nobody knew before?
Diligaff: Nope. I can barely play that radio so no musical talent. Can’t draw a straight line with a ruler hence no artistic talent. I can however walk into a room and immediately forget why I am there, so I do have that going for me.

SunKenRock: Through your experiences, would you care to give a final word?
Diligaff: I have not been in a Clan/Guild/whatchamacallit that was multi game before. I found this Clan to be considerably more drama free then some single game entities. Throughout the different games I have always found the members extremely helpful. Over all my experience here has been extremely enjoyable.

Microsoft testing macOS-like cloud OS restore feature for Windows 10

Microsoft Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18950 revealed that the company is testing a new cloud download feature for resetting or repairing Windows 10 when it fails. While the feature isn’t available for users to test yet, the option will appear when they boot a machine in a failed state. This is likely similar to how Apple macOS reinstalls, with the ability to reinstall macOS by downloading a copy from the cloud. Microsoft Surface lineup offers the same functionality where it allows devices to ‘recover from the cloud’ by downloading a copy of Windows 10 and reinstall it. Current tools from Dell, ASUS, HP involve a copy on a partitioned part of the drive or offer third-party tools to restore from the cloud or a pen drive.

The cloud OS restore function could be a crucial option for Microsoft’s Windows Lite and Windows Core OS. This also means that Microsoft should include support for OEMs with required drivers for this feature to work well. Moreover, Microsoft Preview Build 18950 has improved the discoverability of key assignment settings for the new Japanese IME and also updated the default assigned value of Ctrl + Space to be “None”. Microsoft is also updating the new button to now open new snapshots in the current app window, so users don’t end up with a ton of open snips.

The update also lets users zoom into screenshots if they’re too small to annotate. If you want to see the snapshot at its original size, click the Zoom button and then “Actual Size”. However, Microsoft said that these changes are currently available for a section of Insider testers and the rollout for each change will be handled separately.

Link: 91mobiles

Evo 2019 happened last weekend, from the 2nd to the 4th. It is a bunch of tournaments for several of the popular games such as Smash, Tekken, Mortal Kombat, DBZ fighter and so on. Here is a nice feel good story from it.

Evo 2019’s best storyline is a wholesome Dragon Ball FighterZ rivalry

Dragon Ball FighterZ is not supposed to be the main event at fighting game tournament Evo. But at any event like this, it’s the best stories that rise to the surface. In the fighting game community of late, those stories often involve Dominique “SonicFox” McLean, and, when it comes to DBFZ, his rival Goichi “GO1” Kishida. This year, it was GO1 who triumphed – but SonicFox didn’t seem to mind one bit.

The match was a rerun of last year’s DBFZ finals, which saw the pair face off after SonicFox had previously knocked GO1 down into the losers bracket. After GO1 fought all the way back up, he looked dominant. That is, until SonicFox asked to switch sides, eventually coming out the champion even after GO1 almost – but not quite – managed to turn around a losing fight by pulling off an incredibly rare set of combos to restore his character to full health.But this year it was GO1’s turn to be crowned the best DBFZ player in the world. And immediately after winning, overwhelmed, he burst into tears.

Cameras lingering on esports competitors weeping is usually an uncomfortable affair, but SonicFox’s apparently completely effortless grace completely saved the day.

There’s hugging, there’s laughter. SonicFox gets GO1 to stand up in front of the crowd who are utterly thrilled by his win. It’s just very genuine and lovely and tragically rare.

Competitive game rivalries are so often focused on trash talk and expressions of anger. Emotional responses sell storylines like this, but they’re not usually positive. Overwatch League this year has taken the time to focus on the faces of finals-match losers, and highlight their despair. At other times, they’ve repeatedly zoomed uncomfortably close on losers punching their desks. It’s understandable to feel bad when losing in a competitive setting, but seeing a very different reaction out of SonicFox, enjoying the game and his second-place finish is a breath of fresh air.

Of course, he’s also still a winner, specifically taking home the gold for Mortal Kombat 11. More importantly, this result can only mean that his rivalry with GO1 will return for a third round next year. All the best storylines use the rule of three, after all.

Link: rockpapershotgun

Teamfight Tactics Is Adding 4 New Hextech Champions

Four new champions are coming to Riot Games’ Teamfight Tactics mode, each of them bearing the Hextech origin that’s being introduced for the first time. These four champions are Camille, Jayce, Vi, and Jinx, each of which boast different classes to add to existing team compositions along with unique abilities based on their League of Legends spells. Like other origins, these Hextech champions cost varying amounts and exist between the first and fourth tiers.

Riot Games announced the four new champions on Wednesday and confirmed that they’d be coming to the game mode’s test servers on the same day when all the patches go live. They’ll stay on the test servers until Patch 9.16 releases with that update currently scheduled to release on August 14th.

Each of the champions joining Teamfight Tactics are outlined below along with explanations of what they can do that come straight from Riot. You’ll also find a breakdown of what Hextech champions can do with their item-disabling powers.

Link: comicbook

Riot Games confirms that it’s working on a fighting game

Riot Games, the creators of the insanely-popular MOBA game League of Legends, has revealed that it’s finally making its second game.

The confirmation came today from Evo founder and Riot employee Tom Cannon on the first day of Evo 2019. During a talk show, Cannon said that Riot is working on a brand-new fighting game.Not much else is known about the game, however, including the characters, story, what it’ll be called, what it’ll look like, or even if it’ll be linked to League of Legends.

This news should come as no surprise to those who remember Riot’s acquisition of Radiant, which created the fighting game Rising Thunder, a few years ago. Riot has been sitting on that studio for some time and not much was known about what it was working on—until today.

Since it’s taken this long to finally get an announcement about Riot’s upcoming fighting game, though, don’t expect to hear anything else about it anytime soon. While the community might be hyped about a potential Rising Thunder 2, Cannon remained silent on the project during the reveal and said it could still be a while until we finally hear more about the title.

Link: dotesports

Heroes Of The Storm New Hero: Qhira Joins The Fight

Heroes of the Storm welcomes the latest hero to join its roster: Qhira. This acrobatic and powerful assassin is the second original character to be part of Heroes of the Storm.

In terms of lore, Qhira hails from Iresia, known in the Nexus not only for their beauty, but more importantly their technological advancement. However, all the prosperity and power resulted in conflict with the different competing factions of Iresia and eventually tore the realm apart. This left Qhira with no other option but to flee. She now roams the Nexus armed with her trusty Iresian Chainblade, living the life of a bounty hunter all while searching for any survivors.

As a Melee Assassin, Qhira is able to deal significant burst damage. This makes her effective especially at taking down fragile Heroes. As a hunter, players who use Qhira should make it a point to choose their opponents wisely. Warriors, as well as heroes that have high health, are difficult for Qhira to take down, especially on her own. The same is true for heroes that have strong Stuns or even those that have disruptive abilities.

Link: player.one

CS:GO map Workout removed from official matchmaking, two new maps added

The latest update for CS:GO is a significant one. Two maps have been added to the Defusal Group Sigma competitive pool, one of which is the popular Seaside map and the other a new one called Breach. Breach is, according to the CS:GO blog, "a defusal map set in a spacious corporate building". If you want to try the new maps they're in Deathmatch and Casual, and are also available as Scrimmage maps under the Competitive tab.

Scrimmage is a five-on-five mode which doesn't affect your Skill Group. As Valve explain it: "When you play a Scrimmage map all of the competitive rules are the same, but there are no restrictions on players in your party, and your Skill Group will not be adjusted or displayed after your match."

On the way out is the Workout map, which will no longer pop up in official matchmaking. The Vertigo map has also been modified in some pretty significant ways including new approach to site B. For the full list of changes, check out the patch notes.

Link: pcgamer

Thank you for reading and have a nice week!
-
The Fever Weekly Team

Last edited:
Reactions: angry333

Watzup

Clan Member
Mar 8, 2018
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major

Of the Army
Good info thanks for the funnies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)