Fever Press: - Fever Weekly Issue #400 | FeverClan - Gaming Community

Fever Press: Fever Weekly Issue #400 (1 Viewer)

SunKenRock

Clan General
Aug 5, 2016
Kitchen
Clan Rank
Lt. General
Lt. General

Issue 400

Index:
(Click on any of them to be redirected)

Editorial

Announcements
Fever Events
Fever Jobs
Inside Fever
Fever FNG
P.O.W.
Member Spotlight
Fever Flair
New Releases
Tech News
E-Sports
Game News
Miscellaneous
Gaming Beats
Game Review

Funnies

Hey its 400- SunKenRock

Yue is now the league of legends XO

Mattitism is the new XO for Elder Scrolls Online

Guild Wars 2 XO needed for Gaming

The Gaming Department is looking for someone to grow a Guild Wars 2 section in Fever!

You would be mostly building it from the grounds up, although there are some existing resources such as a small roster and recruiting posts that can be updated. Of course, you won't be doing this alone. You will have the support of both the gaming and recruiting departments, and will have the freedom to bring in any staff you need to support your goals.

This position is open to both Enlisted and Officer clan members

*Open to all ranks* needed for Graphics

Helping to create and/or update graphics for Fever such as awards, events, and others.
So, for you creative types this might be the job for you

Game Nights:

Events Schedule

Calendar

Please check the forum calendar and #events channel on Discord for up-to-date event times. Also see the suggestions thread for any requests and/or offers to host an event

If you would like to help ensure your game's game nights, events, etc. are listed and want to have the ability to post them on the calendar, or your game nights do not appear on this calendar over the next few days, please contact Medic739. He will get them squared away.

To convert the times to your timezone, use the following tool: Time Zone Converter. Please check the Discord Events channel for reminders about events. Also with some game nights being made up for that day due to the people who are on.

Clan Jobs: In and out of gaming

Fever Clan Job Roster Master List

This link will take you to everything Fever and provides a table of contents to direct you to what you may seek. If you do not see anything for a game that you are looking for (or might be interested in starting a group in) contact:

Head - @Thundernut,
Deputies - @
Violet,@Gizmo256, @Axle (Recruitment)

Important Openings In Job Positions

In an effort to help support immediate needs by the different departments and companies, the following list has been generated. It will be updated on a monthly basis. Please reach out to the contact personnel for more information about the roles.

Clan Jobs Forum!

This is a forum dedicated to job adverts where companies and departments can post their available jobs, specify what it would entail, and if it is open to officers and/or enlisted. You are not required to use this forum, but it's here as a means to help you get personnel into your section. When that position is filled, please make a final post that the position was filled and then close your thread (or request to get it closed if you do not have permissions) to further responses.

Fallout 76-Event Farming August 2nd

League of Legends-Tips for Ganking

Warframe-Drop Tables

Diablo 3-Patch 2.6.6

Final Fantasy XIV-Join a few members already playing

Music-What are you listening to right now?

(maybe i might put it in the weekly)

UserNameDeleted

Last week's winner was Sweetbit - please congratulate her!

This week's nominees are:

Zeal

LordWarlock

Zerakou

Please vote for them here ->
PoW-07-29-2019

SunKenRock: What is the history of your Fever name . Do you use it everywhere ,or just for this site?
MoonKhan: I use the name “Moonkhan” everywhere. When I was a kid Yu-Gi-Oh! was quite popular and I’d chosen Exodia as my name. As the time passed, I wanted to change it to something that would reflect myself. Then, I found a simple way to do it. I just translated my real name to English (Ayhan-Moonkhan). According to the legend Ayhan was one of Oghuz Khan’s sons’ name. In Turkish, Ayhan means “the one who owns the moon”. Ay-Moon, Han-Khan and you get Moonkhan

SunKenRock: How were you able to come across the one who referred you?
MoonKhan: It was 3 years ago. I was on the forums of D3 looking for a clan. Then, I saw this both shiny and humble, and non-toxic, mature clan display by “Bob_o”. I thought to myself, this is exactly what I’ve been looking for. One thing led to another and here I am. Never regretted joining Fever.

SunKenRock: Having been here already for 3 years , Have any memories stuck with you?
MoonKhan: I have this memory that I’ll never forget. After BaumDeezy interviewed me, Sithis joined the channel. He asked where I was from and I said Turkey. He immediately shouted: “Allah Akbar!” I laughed so hard tthere were tears in my eyes :D

SunKenRock: Do you still play the games you listed on your application.
MoonKhan: Honestly, I don’t remember what I’d listed on my application except D3. I still play it from time to time but not as much as before sadly.

SunKenRock: Are any of them your personal favorites , or is there something you love more?
MoonKhan: My all time favorite game is this French-made World War 2 themed RTS game called A.R.S.E.N.A.l Extended Power. Since the game is too old and won’t run on today’s computers, I can’t play it. I spent my childhood on this game.

SunKenRock: Are there any games that your looking forward to
MoonKhan: Honestly, not that much but I’d like to see a Bayonetta 3 or old style God of War and Darksiders 4. In my opinion, video game industry kinda has gotten out of hand and there are few games I like now.

SunKenRock: Have you ever tried consoles or only PC?
MoonKhan: When I was a kid, we had a SEGA (I don’t remember the exact model but it was great). I also played video games on my friend’s NES. Then, both PC and PS 2 and now just PC.

SunKenRock: Is gaming market different over in Turkey ?
MoonKhan: Both different and the same. Same: Most people play whatever’s most popular on Twitch (LoL, TFT, Apex, Fortnite, PUBG). Different: The others (the minority the hardcore gamers) who aren’t afraid of trying different things

SunKenRock: Have you ever traveled to other countries in the EU or even beyond ?
MoonKhan: Only in my dreams lol. But I already have plans First Japan or France and then New Zealand.

SunKenRock: Are there any hobbies outside of gaming?
MoonKhan: My real passion is writing. Short stories, poems… I also wrote a song. Actually just the instruments part and a musician friend of mine wrote the lyrics and next month he’s gonna play and record it and put the song as a bonus track in his album. It’s not gonna be a professional work but still it’s something :)

SunKenRock: Do you have any closing thoughts youd like to share?
MoonKhan: As long as there is Fever, there is a fever in my heart

[/FONT]

Fortnite Season 10 [PC, PS4, XBO, Switch] – August 1

Madden 20 [PC, PS4, XBO] – August 2

Age of Wonders: Planetfall [PC, PS4, XBO] – August 6

Metal Wolf Chaos XD [PC, PS4, XBO] – August 6

RAD [PC, PS4, XBO, Switch] – August 20

Remnant: From the Ashes [PC, PS4, XBO] – August 20

Life Is Strange 2 - Episode 4 [PC, PS4, XBO] – August 22

The Bard’s Tale 4: Director's Cut [PS4, XBO] – August 27

World of Warcraft Classic [PC] – August 27

Astral Chain [Switch] – August 30

Discord finally has server folders

Discord has finally fixed a, ahem, bug where server folders didn’t exist. The chat service heard the cries of the video gaming community, and it added server folders today to make it much easier to organize the servers you’re participating in. If you’re anything like me, then you’re in more than 30 Discord servers, and the app has been a bit of a mess to organize the long list on the sidebar.

You can now simply drag and drop a server on top of another one to form a folder that will expand when you click on it. You can also assign custom colors and names and arrange these in the sidebar in whatever order you want. This is available immediately in both the desktop and mobile versions of Discord, and it’s now far easier to organize the servers you’re sending the latest memes to.

Alongside the all-important server folder feature, Discord says it has also “shredded our CPU and memory usage and made massive server connection gains.” Overlay performance has also been improved on resolutions that are less than 4K, so the majority of Discord users with regular monitors will see improvements here. Update and refresh your Discord app to get all of these latest refinements.

Link:theverge

Microsoft unveils new Cortana app for Windows 10

Microsoft is tweaking how Cortana works in Windows 10. While the digital assistant might be disappearing from the Xbox One, Microsoft is testing a new chat-based UI for Cortana on Windows 10 PCs. The new beta app, which was originally spotted last month, is now available to testers, and it supports text and voice queries.

It’s designed to be more conversational, and it’s a big part of Microsoft’s new focus for Cortana. Microsoft is separating its digital assistant away from the built-in Windows 10 search experience, and focusing on business users in the process. This new Cortana app for Windows 10 supports most existing features, including queries, assistant conversations, opening apps, managing lists, and basics like setting reminders, alarms, and timers.

“Not all the features from the previous Cortana experience are available just yet,” explains Dona Sarkar, Microsoft’s Windows Insider chief. “As a Beta, we plan to add more features over time with updates to Cortana from the Microsoft Store.”

This Cortana app is available in the latest Fast Ring preview of Windows 10, build 18945. It will eventually debut to all Windows 10 users in the first half of 2020. Microsoft has also tweaked Cortana so that “Hey, Cortana” is less intrusive, and the assistant now supports both light and dark themes on Windows 10. Performance should also be “significantly improved,” thanks to new speech and language models.

Link:theverge

Bugha Wins Fortnite World Cup Solo Finals

Fortnite player Kyle “Bugha” Giersdorf won the World Cup Solo finals today. The 16-year-old North America East player finished with 59 points and takes home a prize of $3 million.

The Solo finals kicked off with a concert by electronic music DJ Marshmello, which drew fans into New York’s Arthur Ashe Stadium hours before the 1pm kickoff. Once the competition got underway, Bugha’s aggressive first game win put him top in the standings. He continued to play strong, going into game 6 with a 15 point lead and 18 eliminations.

The second place finisher, NA East player Psalm, scored 33 points and won a prize of $1,800,000. NA West player EpikWhale scored 32 points and took home $1,200,000. Fourth place was Kreo from NA East, with a prize of $1,050,000.

Link for more:kotaku

Raids are coming to Fallout 76 on August 20

Fallout 76 players will soon be able to take part in four player raids.

The details of Fallout 76’s raids were revealed during a panel at QuakeCon 2019, embedded below.

This content will be part of the standard adventure mode, which is going to get some major updates this year.

Vault 94 is the first vault, and it’ll be available from August 20, barring some unforeseen incident (the folks on the panel seemed a bit uncertain about the date, but an image on screen at one point listed August 20 specifically). It’s meant to be expansive and challenging, and while it’s designed to be completed with four players working together as a team, it’s theoretically possible to solo it (or complete it with two or three players).

When you start this first raid, you’ll be given three choices of difficulty ratings. ‘Novice’ will still be difficult, apparently, but the game ramps up the challenge and time pressure on you to finish as you go up, while also handing out better loot.

This first raid will be very puzzle focused, so expect to have to flex your brain. There will be rewards at the raid’s midpoint, so if you fail right at the end you won’t leave empty-handed, and there’s a cool new power armour available for players who finish it.

Fallout 76 players won’t have to wait too long to delve in. This vault, and presumably future vaults, will be added for free.

Link:vg247

Sea of Thieves is getting pets, improved combat and new ship cosmetics soon

This week's Sea of Thieves developer update gave us a progress report on the new stuff Rare's been working on, much of which you'll be able to try for yourself soon. The Black Powder update only went live last week, but Rare has a lot of plans for its piratical multiplayer adventure, including improvements to hit detection, more ship cosmetics themed around other games, and pets.

In the space of a year, Sea of Thieves has steadily risen from a briefly entertaining piratical romp that was, unfortunately, filled with holes to something that almost everyone here on HMS PC Gamer plays. The myriad, transformative updates have so far been free, but to continue development, Rare will be selling things in a microtransaction shop. This is something Rare's discussed since before the game's launch, but this week's update gave us some more details on the studio's plans.

Pets, as Rare already announced, will be available in the shop, and they're now coming back to the test servers, where Insiders can try them out. They're getting to where Rare wants them to be, apparently, so hopefully it won't be too long before they end up in the live game.

Emotes will also be sold in the shop and will be available for testing soon. Both pets and emotes will appear in the live game at the same time, however. According to the developer, its philosophy is that microtransactions shouldn't give players a power advantage, people should know exactly what they're getting, the playerbase shouldn't be split up and they should always be optional. Pets and emotes seem to tick all the boxes.

If you've enjoyed decking your ship out in game-themed skins, you'll soon be able to get more of them. My ship's sporting a Spartan theme at the moment, but Rare also created Perfect Dark and Banjo Kazooie figureheads, and new ones will be joining them. What games they'll be inspired by is still a mystery, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a rude squirrel. The new ship cosmetics will appear alongside the pets and emotes.

Insiders can also check out more combat tweaks, which will be rolled out to the live game soon. Improvements to melee combat have already been tested, so now the gun hit detection changes are going to be put through their paces. Combat, at least when it's not between ships, is easily Sea of Thieves' biggest weakness, so anything that makes those pesky skeletons die faster sounds good to me.

Finally, it looks like Rare's going back to the drawing board when it comes to introducing more ship types to the Arena mode. Flinging sloops and brigs into the fights just wasn't working, apparently, so the developer has decided not to let every type of ship compete together, so they're looking for an alternative.

Link:pcgamer

MechWarrior 5 Delayed and Coming Exclusively to Epic Games Store

Fans of the old school franchise, MechWarrior, are waiting anxiously for the long-awaited upcoming entry, MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries.

Developer Piranha Games Executive Producer Russ Bullock expressed his excitement towards partnering with Epic Games to release MechWarrior 5: Mercenariesexclusively on their platform. He revealed the title’s delay to December 10th, and commented on the exclusivity deal as the best option for the company as a business.

Our partnership with the Epic Games store allows Piranha the opportunity to make sure MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries meets our internal goal of creating the best MechWarrior game possible. Since we announced the development of the first single-player MechWarrior game in 17 years, we have stated that our goal was to deliver to fans a MechWarrior: Mercenaries experience with true freedom of choice and to be able to share that experience in a coop setting.
Understandably some fans will be disappointed that they have to wait a short while longer for MechWarrior 5, but it’s important to Piranha Games that we absolutely get this right. We are happy to say that our new partnership with Epic Games store allows us the time and ability to accomplish our goals both in the games development and marketing efforts.
MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries releases on December 10th for PS4 and PC.

Link:gameranx

RE:Legend hits steam early access in August

If you like farming sims, monster ranchers, and a cute chibi aesthetic, you need to have Re:Legend on your radar. Re:Legend is an upcoming co-op adventure and life sim from Magnus Games Studio and 505 Games, and it’s coming to Steam Early Access on August 30 for $19.99.

In Re:Legend you play as a customizable and amnesiac hero who washes up on an island. From there you’ll need to build and expand the village, befriend villagers, craft weapons, fish, farm crops, and battle, tame, and raise the local wild creatures called Magnus.

Like Pokémon, Magnus can evolve, fight for your battles, and be ridden on to access new areas. Tamed Magnus can also assist with farming and fishing.

Re:Legend broke the Kickstarter record for a southeast Asian crowd-funded game, earning over S$600,00 (about $460,000 USD) in 2017. Re:Legend also features music by composer Shoto Nakama (Final Fantasy XV).

Console releases are planned for the future, but for now Re:Legend will be available on PC through Steam Early Access beginning on August 30. The game will support up to four player online co-op multiplayer.

Link:pixelkin

Thank you for reading and have a nice week!
-
The Fever Weekly Team

Last edited:
Reactions: angry333
Ooooh awesome issue guys! Love seeing all the new events from Fallout, those guys/gals are doing great! Also my friend Moonkhan woo hoo!!!! That was so cute to read about how you came up with your name :D and a bit about your background. Very nice!
Very excited to see the enlisted members like Yue and Mattitism step up and give it a go as section leaders. You'll do great. And remember everyone we are always looking for people who want to start their own sections, even if small, we can make it your own little community within a community.
Great work Weekly team ^^

• Friendly
Reactions: T3hK1tt3h

mYth

Clan Member
Jan 31, 2017
Nowhere
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major

Of the Army
400 issues...an excellent accomplishment! Here's to 400 moar?!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)