Fever Press: Fever Weekly Issue #384 (1 Viewer)

SunKenRock

Clan General
Aug 5, 2016
Kitchen
Clan Rank
Major General
Major General

Issue 384

Index:
(Click on any of them to be redirected)

Editorial

Announcements
Fever Events
Fever Jobs
Inside Fever
Fever FNG
P.O.W.
Member Spotlight
Behind the scenes
Tech News
E-Sports
Game News
Miscellaneous
Gaming Beats
Funnies

My 100th issue as editor .The best one ever , like no one ever was !

Trying to have a few more things in the weekly along with the return of a few things as well.

Thank you for reading and have a nice day!

- SunKenRock

A little less than two weeks to go for the The Fevers 2019. You can vote for whom you want and if you are unsure of a category you do not have to vote. So just submit what you feel that you can choose.

The Fevers 2019 - VOTING

Destiny 2 is looking game night hosts and Admin (talk to Medic739)

Diablo 3: PTR is up and LON season 17 theme

Grim Dawn looking for XO (talk to Violet)

Game Nights:

Events Schedule

Calendar

Please check the forum calendar and #events channel on Discord for up-to-date event times. Also see the suggestions thread for any requests and/or offers to host an event

If you would like to help ensure your game's game nights, events, etc. are listed and want to have the ability to post them on the calendar, or your game nights do not appear on this calendar over the next few days, please contact Medic739. He will get them squared away.

To convert the times to your timezone, use the following tool: Time Zone Converter. Please check the Discord Events channel for reminders about events. Also with some game nights being made up for that day due to the people who are on.

Clan Jobs: In and out of gaming

Fever Clan Job Roster Master List

This link will take you to everything Fever and provides a table of contents to direct you to what you may seek. If you do not see anything for a game that you are looking for (or might be interested in starting a group in) contact:

Head - @Thundernut,
Deputies - @Gizmo256, @Axle (Recruitment)

Important Openings In Job Positions

In an effort to help support immediate needs by the different departments and companies, the following list has been generated. It will be updated on a monthly basis. Please reach out to the contact personnel for more information about the roles.

Clan Jobs Forum!

This is a forum dedicated to job adverts where companies and departments can post their available jobs, specify what it would entail, and if it is open to officers and/or enlisted. You are not required to use this forum, but it's here as a means to help you get personnel into your section. When that position is filled, please make a final post that the position was filled and then close your thread (or request to get it closed if you do not have permissions) to further responses.

WoW - Interest in classic

Fallout Series - It's really quiet in here

Grim Dawn - Rhykker reviews

Division 2 - Ragdoll Moment

Open Discussion - Question on control fan and water pump speeds in custom pc

LC0311 / grimmsley217 / Inicent / the.Kardynal / PiP / uneasy_irish

This week's nominees are:

Blade9

Meowskers

TF Tree Fiddy

Please vote for them here -> PoW 4-9-2019

Always a member, few times an officer, and now the often seen person in discord everyone chat.
I give you B with two e's

SunKenRock: Well like many spotlights it always starts with finding out how you found fever and how it began.
Bee: I found fever when I just started to play league of legends. I was looking for people to play it with.

SunKenRock: Was Bee your first name choice or was it changed at some point?
Bee: Most people know me by Jessica Rae, it was my first name then I changed it to something more simple like Bee. Oh and it comes from the Dva costume B.VA.

SunKenRock: Were you an active member to start or just more of a lurker?
Bee: I think I was very active when I joined from what I remember.

SunKenRock: With the years as a member, is there anything that you fondly remember here in Fever?
Bee: I still remember when I was playing league with Cyber and Raphael, the karaoke nights, cards against humanity nights that made me laugh so much and the friends I've made until today.

SunKenRock: Can you remember the point at which you started to game, was it before the days of pc?
Bee: I remember when I was little I'd try to play some games but I'd get bored of them so fast, the only one I remember enjoying was mortal kombat and then I started to play on pc when I was around 14 years old .

SunKenRock: Do you play anything of recent, or just like being active on discord chat?
Bee: Lately I just like being active on discord and play some random hots/overwatch/league from time to time.

SunKenRock: Is there anything besides gaming that you are a fan of, like Books/Comics, Netflix shows, Anime?
Bee: Netflix definitely, I watch a lot of tv shows and movies lately instead of playing games. And I just got into the WebToon app on the phone, it's full of nice comics to read.

SunKenRock: Ever decide to venture outside or do you prefer the comfort of home?
Bee: I do prefer the comfort of my home but lately I've been out more than before.

SunKenRock: Speaking of the outside, is there any place you with to visit or go to in the next few years?
Bee: Yea, I'd love to visit America, Korea and Japan. Hopefully I'll be able to.

SunKenRock: Any Goals? Or just living as things come?
Bee: Usually just living as things go but I do have some goals as well.

SunKenRock: Lastly is there any advice or quotes you'd want to pass off to fellow members.
Bee: Quotes are too cheesy for me and I'm not great at giving advices but I'd like to just say this: be more honest with everything and appreciate your time with the people you care about.

Windows 10 May 2019 Update being fine-tuned as Microsoft vows to get it right
The Windows 10 May 2019 Update, as we’ve just found out it’s called, is entering the very final stages of testing, and Microsoft has just released a new version of the latest Build 18362 containing some important fixes – including the solution to a glitch which could render a PC unbootable.

Build 18362.30 (KB4497464) has just been released to testers in both the fast and slow rings, and it contains an important fix for the following problem: “We fixed an issue where a user’s PC may get into an unbootable state after installing a Cumulative Update and then installing an optional feature-on-demand.”

This sounds like a relatively unlikely to occur issue, of course, but given the fact that it makes the computer unbootable, it’s obviously of paramount importance to address. A further pair of less pressing bugs were resolved, including an issue with sign-in that affected Azure Active Directory users.

Microsoft is set to push the May 2019 Update to be available in Release Preview next week, which represents the ‘production-quality’ version of the OS. And as such, we can likely expect a further flurry of cumulative updates and bug squashing such as this effort, as the final polish is applied before Release Preview hits.

Attention to detail

What’s interesting here is that the actual rollout of the incoming update won’t begin until late May, as Microsoft has decided it is “taking further steps to be confident in the quality of the May 2019 Update”, and that this includes “[increasing] the amount of time that the May 2019 Update spends in the Release Preview phase”.

That extra time will be used for thorough testing and proactively obtaining more early feedback about the final version of the update, Microsoft notes, effectively applying a fine-tooth comb to look for any major issues before the broad rollout starts.

In other words, Microsoft wants to make sure the May 2019 Update doesn’t end up anything like the woeful October 2018 Update, which had a disastrous rollout that at one point sunk to the all-time-low of pausing the whole process for a month due to a critical bug which involved file deletion.

So it’s no surprise, really, that Microsoft is determined to take its time here, and squash any bugs that look like they could shape up to be showstoppers, such as rendering a computer unable to boot.

And there’s more good news on the Windows 10 front with the incoming update, as Microsoft has also decided it will allow users running the Home version of its desktop OS to delay installing updates, a very welcome change indeed. Furthermore, better overall transparency with update practices has been promised, as the company clearly realizes it needs to do better here.

Link: techradar

Fortnite is officially getting respawns with Reboot Vans next week

They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, so Apex Legends should take heart in the fact that Fortnite is copying its respawn mechanic wholesale. Following months of rumors surrounding respawn-enabling vehicles, Epic Games has finally detailed the new Reboot Vans in its latest Dev Update, hosted by the banana-suited community manager Nathan Mooney.

If you're familiar with Apex Legends' respawn beacons that dot the landscape of Kings Canyon, then you've already got a good understanding of how Fortnite's Reboot Van works. When playing in a squad, downed teammates will drop a Reboot Card that you should snatch up ASAP. Once you've got their card, head on over to one of the many Reboot Vans located near points of interest to get the respawn process started. You'll need to channel at the van for a short duration in order to trigger the respawn - and once you do, its car alarm will blare out and a giant beam will shoot into the sky for all to see.

Unlike the dropships of Apex Legends, Fortnite brings dead players back to life by teleporting them onto the Reboot Van's roof one by one, without any of their previous items. Interestingly, the Reboot Van will need to cool down before you or any other squad can use it again, so you can't spam respawns if enemies are taking potshots at your newly reborn teammates.

It remains to be seen how players will take to the Reboot Van and how long it'll stick around. Between borrowing the ping system and now aping its respawns, Fortnite sure has taken a liking to Apex Legends' mechanics. Here's hoping Epic doesn't one day decide to add their own version of the Mozambique shotgun pistol to Fortnite.

Link: gamesradar

Microsoft may mash up Xbox Live, Game Pass into new Ultimate subscription
The tech giant is planning a new subscription service that would combine two of its online gaming services into one larger subscription, according to Microsoft leaker WalkingCat and Thurrott.com. If true, Microsoft would combine its $60 per year Xbox Live, which is a gaming social network where you can play and chat with friends, with its its $9.99 per month Xbox Game Pass, which gives players access to a back catalog of more than 100 games, such as the world building game Minecraft and the epic action series Gears of War.

The new combined service, which rumors call Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, would cost $14.99 a month.

An Xbox representative declined to comment.

The new subscription is just the latest change Microsoft has planned for its Xbox. The company has said it's building a new Xbox console, which is said to be planned for release next year. The company is also building a game streaming service, which would let people play games over the internet in a way similar to how they watch movies on Netflix. And it's rumored to be preparing to announce a lower-priced "all digital" Xbox this month that doesn't have a disc drive and would play only games downloaded or streamed over the internet.

Link: cnet

Handsome Collection Ultra Hd Texture Packs Out Now
With several months to kill before the release of Borderlands 3, now is a great time to get caught up on the Borderlands story so far as told through the events of Borderlands 2 and Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, both of which can now be enjoyed in Ultra HD! The upgraded visuals—available on PC, PlayStation 4 Pro, and Xbox One X—increase the fidelity of game textures including characters, vehicles, weapons, and environments; they’re best enjoyed on 4K displays, but also offer some improvements at lower resolutions.

The new Ultra HD Texture Packs are available as free downloads on each platform as follows:

PC & Xbox One X

• Borderlands 2 Ultra HD Texture Pack (Steam page)
  • Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Ultra HD Texture Pack (Steam page)
PlayStation 4 Pro

• Borderlands: The Handsome Collection Ultra HD Texture Pack
If you’re new to these badass shooter-looters, welcome! We’re excited for you to experience them for the first time in glorious HD and—assuming you’ve picked up The Handsome Collection—with access to a bunch of great DLC packs from day one. Borderlands: The Handsome Collection for consoles comes with all the previously released downloadable content for Borderlands 2 and Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, including campaign add-ons, extra playable classes, challenge arenas, level cap increases, and character customization options. If you own a base game or two on PC but are missing some of the DLC, note that The Handsome Collection is available as a complete-the-set discount bundle on Steam, where you only pay for the items that you’re missing.

If you’re a returning Vault Hunter who played the original releases of Borderlands 2 or Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel on a previous-generation console, you can transfer your previous saves from within the same console family to your PlayStation 4 or Xbox One. Oh, and in case you were worried, playing in Ultra HD will not prevent you from teaming up online with players who haven’t downloaded the texture packs.

The Ultra HD Texture Packs for Borderlands 2 and Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel are available to download now.

Link: borderlands

Warframe's Plains of Eidolon remaster is out now

Warframe's Plains of Eidolon, the game's first open-world space, has been updated today. It originally launched in 2017, flinging all sorts of activities and threats at wandering players. Since then, Warframe has only grown, both in size and ambitions, so Digital Extremes has returned to Eidolon to give it a visual overhaul, new enemies and even more diversions. See what you're in for above.

Terrain textures, dynamic lighting, the day and night cycle and more have all been improved, and it should run smoother, to boot. It looks good! It's been a wee while since I visited, and I didn't find it especially dated (it's only a couple of years old), but I won't turn my nose up at a makeover and performance improvements.

As for new things to do, you can now track and trap animals in the Plains, either finding them as you walk around or using Echo-Lures to call them. Start collecting them and you'll net yourself a badge and some adorable Floofs.

If you're looking for something a bit more dangerous, there's a new type of Grineer machine causing problems. Tusk Thumpers are big defence platforms on legs and come in three varieties: regular vanilla, Bull and Doma. Apparently they don't have an obviously vulnerability, so taking them down will involve finding their weak spots, and you'll need to do it quickly. You'll also be able to get Thumper Floofs! So many toys.
Thumpers giving you trouble? Maybe you just need to stick some weird devices on your hands and feet. You'll look ridiculous, but the Korrudo Grineer sparring weapon will amplify all of your attacks. It might just be worth the mockery.

The Plains of Eidolon update is available now.

Link: pcgamer

Thank you for reading and have a nice week Medic739
-
The Fever Weekly SunKen Team

Reactions: angry333

Watzup

Clan Member
Mar 8, 2018
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major

Of the Army
great stuff interesting to see the changes over time and how microsoft is trying to change lul.

GrimlockBlyth

Clan Member
Jan 1, 2018
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Funnies baby!

Leamus

Clan Member
Mar 14, 2018
Clan Rank
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Great!

mYth

Clan Member
Jan 31, 2017
Nowhere
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major

Of the Army
Came for the memes....stayed for the lols

orcy11

Clan Member
Sep 16, 2015
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major

Of the Army
good issue!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
SunKenRock News & Media 5
SunKenRock News & Media 3
SunKenRock News & Media 7