Fever Press: Fever Weekly Issue #380 (1 Viewer)

SunKenRock

Clan General
Aug 5, 2016
Kitchen
Clan Rank
Major General
Major General

Issue 380

Index:
(Click on any of them to be redirected)

Editorial

Announcements
Fever Events
Fever Jobs
Inside Fever
Fever FNG
Member Spotlight
Fever Flair
Behind the scenes
Tech News
E-Sports
Game News
Miscellaneous
Gaming Beats

Funnies

Go Kitty ,SAY SOMETHING- SunKenRock

SOMETHING -DivineKitty

....And there you have it , my editor everybody - SunKenRock

There is a new forum for jobs to be posted: Clan Jobs Forum

This is a forum dedicated to job adverts where companies and departments can post their available jobs, specify what it would entail, and if it is open to officers and/or enlisted. You are not required to use this forum, but it's here as a means to help you get personnel into your section.

Game Nights:

Events Schedule

Calendar

Please check the forum calendar and #events channel on Discord for up-to-date event times. Also see the suggestions thread for any requests and/or offers to host an event

If you would like to help ensure your game's game nights, events, etc. are listed and want to have the ability to post them on the calendar, or your game nights do not appear on this calendar over the next few days, please contact Violet. She will get them squared away.

To convert the times to your timezone, use the following tool: Time Zone Converter. Please check the Discord Events channel for reminders about events. Also with some game nights being made up for that day due to the people who are on.

Clan Jobs: In and out of gaming

Fever Clan Job Roster Master List

This link will take you to everything Fever and provides a table of contents to direct you to what you may seek. If you do not see anything for a game that you are looking for (or might be interested in starting a group in) contact:

Head - @Thundernut,
Deputies - @Gizmo256, @Axle (Recruitment)

Important Openings In Job Positions

In an effort to help support immediate needs by the different departments and companies, the following list has been generated. It will be updated on a monthly basis. Please reach out to the contact personnel for more information about the roles.

Clan Jobs Forum!

This is a forum dedicated to job adverts where companies and departments can post their available jobs, specify what it would entail, and if it is open to officers and/or enlisted. You are not required to use this forum, but it's here as a means to help you get personnel into your section. When that position is filled, please make a final post that the position was filled and then close your thread (or request to get it closed if you do not have permissions) to further responses.

Apex Legends: Reddit Post by Respawn

Heroes of the storm: Devs AMA

Miscellaneous RPG: Warhammer: Chaosbane

Call of duty: Game Night

Path of Exile: League Start For New Players

creedmob / SShadow / Reaper1994 / FelixShift / DanioOFP

Back from the grave i give you this segment that gives a little more information about a random active member. After seeing this thread Important Info about me by nightwolf , i figured he would be perfect to get to know.
SunKenRock : Being a member on/off for 6 years. How did you come across Fever all those years ago.
Nightwolf871 : found it on google while i was stationed out in japan. orginally joined fever for league

SunKenRock : Were you involved a lot in the beginning or more now.
Nightwolf871 : yea i was pretty active on teamspeak during those days actually turned down alot of officer jobs since i was in the military during the time. now im just active when i can be my health is just been my focus.

SunKenRock : What is the origin of your username , is it used on other platforms.
Nightwolf871 : its used on mostly all my platforms. besides my name relating to the mortal combat character, but i picked night wolf cause i rarely slept n i just love wolves. so instead of night owl i went with night wolf

SunKenRock : Who or what got you into gaming? Did you start early with consoles.
Nightwolf871 : oh i started super early when i was like 5. me, my cousins and one of my uncles we would always play video games while growing up. i still play some games with my uncle n cousin when i can.

SunKenRock : What games do you activity play these days.
Nightwolf871 : POE, D3, anthem, league of legends, a bunch of phone games.

SunKenRock : Anything you look towards for this year or even beyond.
Nightwolf871 : im just taking each day at a time but just look forward to making more possible gaming friends.

SunKenRock : To this day , do you have an all time favorite game or does it change.
Nightwolf871 : hmmm all time favorite game thats a very hard choice, but i would have to say final fantasy advance tactics is one of my favorite till this day.

SunKenRock : What kind of things do you enjoy outside of gaming.
Nightwolf871 : i enjoy taking pictures of nature when i see a good shot to take, read, watch shows/movies/animes.

SunKenRock : Despite what you are dealt with in life , is there anything you would like to do in a couple years time . Maybe travel somewhere.
Nightwolf871 : Maybe travel somewhere? travel wise not really already lived my dream to live/visit japan got to visit other countries while i was out there

SunKenRock : Lastly , if you had a song to represent you. What would it be.
Nightwolf871 : honestly a good amount of linkin parks songs can represent me. for instance numb and in the end are two songs that i can find connection with, but i will not go into details about that.

Id like to add a thanks for nightwolf responding well and be great to talk to.

RiZe for providing the image. Thoughts ?

US telecoms regulator stops clock on Sprint, T-Mobile merger review

The US Federal Communications Commission (FCC) said on Thursday it has halted the informal 180-day "shot clock" on the review of the merger of wireless providers Sprint Corp and T-Mobile US Inc to give the public three additional weeks to comment on the US$26 billion tie-up.

The FCC said the decision was made after the third- and fourth-largest US wireless carriers had filed significant additional information on their network integration plans for 2019-2021 and other new information on the merger.

The FCC said it typically allows for additional public input after "substantial new submissions" by the applicants. The FCC said it expects to resume the "shot clock," at the current Day 122 on April 4.

T-Mobile and Sprint in separate statements called the FCC decision "a positive step" that the FCC is "so deeply engaged in understanding this transaction and our recent filing, and we completely understand their desire" to stop the clock "to fully review the merits of our merger."

The deal to combine the carriers, struck in April 2018, was approved by both companies' shareholders in October and has received national security clearance, but still needs approval from the Department of Justice and the FCC. A number of state attorneys general are also reviewing the merger.

Last month at a congressional hearing, House Democrats raised worries about the deal because the US wireless market has just four main carriers. The industry leaders are AT&T Inc and Verizon Communications Inc.

T-Mobile chief executive John Legere defended the deal, arguing that it will create jobs and help with the construction of the next generation of wireless networks. He said the merged company would have more capacity which would lead to a push to lower prices.

Mr Legere and Sprint executive chairman Marcelo Claure will testify at another US House hearing on March 12.

The deal has run into criticism from unions, consumer advocates, and rural operators.

The Communications Workers of America said in a statement Thursday the decision of the companies to file new analyses of the merger suggests they "have failed to persuade regulators." The union argues the deal will eliminate tens of thousands of jobs.

A group of eight Democratic US senators and independent Senator Bernie Sanders last month urged regulators to reject the deal, saying monthly bills could rise as much as 10 per cent.

Link: buisnesstimes

Overwatch League experiences tech error

During week four of the Overwatch League, the Blizzard Arena in Los Angeles encountered a couple of technical issues inside the venue. While it wasn’t the blue-screen-of-death that’s feared by all, it did keep a couple of screens offline for a few minutes.

The Seoul Dynasty were playing against the Washington Justice when the issues started. Inside the venue, one of the main display screens went down. Instead of displaying what it usually should, the Windows reboot message came up. The error was on the screen for roughly half a minute before being replaced by the standard Overwatch logo.

The technical issues were caused by a power surge, according to a Reddit user who works with the screen management system in the arena. They explained in a Reddit post that a “power surge knocked out the servers and a couple players cams. The pros here got it all back up and running before the start of the next match.”

Typically in a situation like this, viperware said a backup server would be used. But the backup server was shut down as well due to the surge, forcing them to rely on the logo in its place while the servers were restored.

The technical issue had no effect on the game as Seoul Dynasty went on to beat the Washington Justice 3-1. Additionally, the livestream of the game wasn’t impacted by the technical problems. While some might jokingly speculate if Blizzard was hinting at a new champion, it seems like it was only an issue with the server.

Link: dotesports

Microsoft reportedly launching disc-less Xbox One S next month

First detailed by Brad Sams of Thurrott.com, Microsoft has been experimenting with a disc-less Xbox One S console codenamed Xbox Maverick, with a launch window thought to be around Q1 2019. According to our sources, we now know a little bit more about the timing and marketing name of this intriguing new console.

Microsoft is reportedly set to call the disc-less Maverick console the "Xbox One S All-Digital Edition," with preorders aiming for mid-April 2019 and with general availability coming in early May 2019. It looks as though it could be near-global simultaneous launch for almost all existing Xbox markets.

The disc-less Xbox One S would be a first for the company, offering fans the ability to ditch discs altogether and go all-in on digital game licenses. As Microsoft pushes for greater access to its game library via things like the Xbox Game Pass digital subscription and the incoming streaming service Project xCloud, dropping the disc drive from the "All-Digital Edition" should make it the cheapest Xbox console yet, although we have no word on pricing just yet or whether the console will see any design refinements beyond simply dropping the disc drive.

In addition to the disc-less Xbox One S All-Digital Edition, we've heard Microsoft may be gearing up to announce a Fortnite Edition console with a custom Fortnite design, rather than a simple game bundle. It's unclear whether the Fortnite console would be a regular S, an X, or a disc-less version at this time, but we'll keep you posted as soon as we know more.

As always with these sorts of rumors, take them with a pinch of salt until the official confirmation, as plans can and do change, but this is looking pretty solid right now. Losing the disc drive puts a limit on the amount of 4K content you can consume on Xbox, particularly outside of the USA where 4K digital video offerings are lacking compared to physical 4K Blu-ray discs. But going all-digital brings benefits like pre-loading of games, and instant refunds via the Microsoft Account page.

Whether or not the discless future will extend to the rumored next-gen Xbox Anaconda and Lockhart "Scarlett" range consoles remains to be seen, but if the All-Digital Edition proves successful, it may tip Microsoft's hand.

Link: windowscentral

H1Z1 has relaunched and rebranded to 'Z1 Battle Royale'

H1Z1 has changed its name. Again.

The hardcore-survival-MMO-turned-battle-royale kicked off its third season on PC yesterday with a rebranding of that version to Z1 Battle Royale, or Z1BR for short. It has, in the past, been known as H1Z1, then H1Z1: King of the Kill, then back to H1Z1, and now this.

H1— sorry, Z1BR — also has a new developer: NantG, which is now taking over the project from Daybreak Game Company’s in-house developerx. NantG comes to the scene with a huge patch that Anthony Castoro, the studio’s general manager, says will “bring back the game that so many of you fell in love with,” meaning the King of the Kill version from two names ago.

Thus, Season 3 is called “The Return of the King,” and it even rolls back the loading screens and user interface to their appearances from late 2016 and early 2017. “It is a massive point of nostalgia for players and we knew we had to get it in for this patch,” the patch notes say.

Other adjustments, features, and details that fell out of favor with fans who preferred King of the Kill have also been reversed. Weapon recoil and sway and bullet velocity, for example, have been rolled back. Avatar movement and animations have also been restored to their “PS3 movement values.” The full list of changes is on Z1BR’s Steam page.

So far, the relaunch appears to have worked, from an engagement perspective anyway. The game’s peak players spiked to 12,731 concurrent users about mid-day yesterday; its average had hovered in the 1,000 to 1,500 concurrents range the first two months of 2019, peaking at 3,500. This time last year, H1Z1 had plummeted from averages and concurrents in the 86,000 and 150,000 range, respectively. Player numbers then fell so much that an esports league launched to boost the game cited them as the reason for folding before the first season was over.

Daybreak Game Company has had a rough go of it lately. In December, it announced a substantial number of layoffs, and elsewhere, the company twice delayed its latest internal project, Planetside Arena (which also features a battle royale), which was originally due on PC in January.

Z1BR is still known as H1Z1: Battle Royale on PlayStation 4, where it launched last May. It got a separate and unrelated third season update on Feb. 21.

Link: polygon

Kickstarted MMORPG Ashes of Creation delays alpha

If you’re one of the folks still wondering what’s going on with Ashes of Creation since it began alpha testing a battle royale mode after a successful Kickstarter for an MMORPG, you should probably check out the massive creator director’s letter that dropped from Intrepid Studios last night. Steven Sharif explains once again that the original goal for the battle royale was to test the MMORPG’s hybrid action combat system – it was a simple and fun implementation to get people in and fighting. But of course, its existence has been the source of confusion ever since.

“During the testing of Alpha One Phase 1, it became quite unclear for those not following the project to understand that the Battle Royale was an atmosphere designed to test the aforementioned systems and services,” he writes. “In an attempt to alleviate that confusion, we decided to brand it away from the MMORPG, since it wasn’t clear enough for those less informed about the project why we were working on it, and how it related to the development of the MMORPG. This of course had a secondary effect that caused concern about the direction of the project being focused on creating a Battle Royale. Testing of Apocalypse successfully revealed the need for some architectural refactoring that we’re glad we were able to spot early on, and while development is split into separate departments that continue forward despite the needed rearchitecting (engineering, design, art, etc.), some of these issues needed rebuilding from the ground up.”

As for the MMORPG itself, Sharif says that the February open stress test proved that the game’s infrastructure needs more love in order to handle the number of players he ultimately wants in and playing together.

“As a result of some of the needed changes from what we learned in testing Apocalypse, we will be pushing Alpha One back from the Q2 goal we had previously announced. We will be working on implementing these changes so we will be ready for the nearly 10,000 testers we have in Alpha One. We will be focusing on these changes to ensure that we are hitting the goals we want prior to Alpha One, and when we feel we are ready, we will share the new Alpha One date. I know you want a new date, and we’d love to be able to give a new date now, but we don’t want to throw one out there and have to take it back. The trust of our community is dear to us, and so we must be careful in promising what we can deliver. This means that when we do give you a new date, you can be assured that it is one that we have ultimate confidence in. In that spirit, we can say that this is not a delay in terms of years, but in terms of months, and that Alpha One will be in your hands before you know it!”
In the meantime, the devs will be focused on the new launcher, backend infrastructure, performance, optimizations, castle siege development, art, systems, UI, and content implementation, as well as continued efforts on modes like the Apocalypse battle royale.

Sharif also addresses the game’s account systems, website, and forums, parts of which have been down since a migration in December – the new solution, including a new shop setup, is apparently still being worked on. Of note, the studio says it didn’t quite bring on 80-100 new devs last year and is doubling efforts to hire more to work in the under-construction new studio.

Link: massivelyop

Grim Dawn: Forgotten Gods Finally Arriving on March 27th

If you've been waiting for the Forgotten Gods expansion for Grim Dawn, we have great news for you today: Crate has finally announced that it will be released on March 27th. The expansion will run $15.99 and it does require the Ashes of Malmouth DLC in order to play which is $17.99. Forgotten Gods brings a number of improvements and new features to players.

• Enter the Shattered Realm – a brand new game mode will have you face off against Cairn’s foes in ever more challenging shards of an unstable reality. Earn unique rewards and mountains of loot!
  • A New Class Mastery – smite your foes with a divine new mastery: the Oathkeeper, which can be combined with the other Masteries, raising the total number of combinations to a staggering 36!
  • Rune Augments – Apply a new category of enchantments to your Medals, unlocking powerful mobility skills available to all masteries, including Leap, Teleport and more.
  • A Massive Story Chapter – Journey beyond the remnants of the Erulan Empire to dangerous new lands teeming with forbidden secrets. Battle alongside the Witch God cults to vanquish the rising threat of a forgotten god.
  • New Environments – Discover foreboding deserts, explore lush oases, survive the heat of a land ravaged by a god’s burning rage, witness the wonders of the Eldritch Realm itself.
    [*Difficulty Merits – Embrace new challenges by starting the game on Elite or Ultimate difficulty from the very beginning by purchasing Difficulty Merits for your new characters!
  • Transmutation – Visit the Inventor to reroll your duplicate Set Items to create new Set Pieces from the same set or entirely different sets.
  • Four Factions – Align yourself with one of the three Witch God cults and face off against Eldritch Horrors serving a forgotten power.
  • 9 Constellations – Unleash the powers of forgotten gods with 9 new Devotion Constellations that offer even more ways to traverse Grim Dawn’s massive celestial tapestry.
  • Collect Hundreds of New Items - Dozens of new Monster Infrequents and Hundreds of Epic and Legendary items are waiting to be added to your collection, including sets exclusive to the game's Roguelike dungeon and the Shattered Realm!
  • Expanded Stash – Protect your precious wealth with an additional Personal and Transfer Stash Tab.
  • New Nemesis and Super Bosses – The Eldritch Realm houses terrors beyond imagining. Face off against its nemesis for unique loot. Uncover the secrets of the Korvan Basin and unleash a supremely powerful foe.
It appears that Forgotten Gods will not be available for pre-order, so mark your calendars for March 27th.

Link: mmorpg

The original Diablo is now available on GOG.com
If the announcement of the mobile Diablo Immortal left you wishing for something a little more old-school, Blizzard has just the thing. Last Thrusday, the developer announced that the original demon-slaying RPG Diablo is now available to purchase on classic games service GOG.com.

You’ll be able to play the original 1996 Diablo in two different ways, including an “authentic” experience that features “period-appropriate 20 FPS SVGA graphics, and the ability to matchmake through the classic version of Blizzard’s Battle.net online-gaming service.” But there’s also a slightly enhanced version of the game, that includes a number of modern bug fixes along with Windows 10 compatibility.

“THIS HAS BEEN A LONG TIME COMING.”

“We were bummed that these iconic games weren’t available to our players, so we‘re very happy to work with the crew at GOG.com to rectify that,” Blizzard vice president Rob Bridenbecker said in a statement. “This has been a long time coming and we hope our players will be excited to jump back into these classic titles.”

It’s curious that the game isn’t available through Blizzard’s own Battle.net — which is already home to classics like the original StarCraft and Diablo II — but GOG does have its advantages, including a complete lack of DRM. And the partnership will continue in the future as well: Blizzard says that it’s planning GOG releases of both Warcraft: Orcs & Humans and Warcraft II.

Link: theverge

Thank you for reading and have a nice week! Spartankun <3

-
The Fever Weekly Team

Watzup

Clan Member
Mar 8, 2018
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major

Of the Army
good info as always and links to help with OG Diablo!

GrimlockBlyth

Clan Member
Jan 1, 2018
Clan Rank
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Cyberpunk!

mYth

Clan Member
Jan 31, 2017
Nowhere
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major

Of the Army
Waiting with reserved optimism for Cyberpunk 2077 as well, but will be getting the Master Chief Collection on Steam before that game.

RiZe

Clan Member
Mar 20, 2018
Steam
View
Clan Rank
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
Awwww shoot my name is on the weekly!
Dope thank you SunKenRock

Reactions: SunKenRock

Fatalis

Clan Member
Nov 28, 2017
Clan Rank
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
nice

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
SunKenRock News & Media 4
SunKenRock News & Media 3
SunKenRock News & Media 7