Fever Press: - Fever Weekly Issue #369 | FeverClan - Gaming Community

Fever Press: Fever Weekly Issue #369 (1 Viewer)

SunKenRock

Clan General
Aug 5, 2016
Kitchen
Clan Rank
Lt. General
Lt. General

Issue 369

Index:
(Click on any of them to be re-directed)

Editorial

Fever Events
Fever Jobs
Inside Fever
Fever FNG
Member Spotlight
Behind the scenes
E-Sports
Game News
Miscellaneous
Gaming Beats
Funnies

Merry Christmas , Happy Holidays.

Enjoy the week till the end of the year for the last issue on New Years eve.

- SunKenRock

Game Nights:

Events Schedule

Calendar

*Please check the forum calendar and #events channel on Discord for up-to-date event times. Also see the suggestions thread for any requests and/or offers to host an event*

If you would like to help ensure your game's game nights, events, etc. are listed and want to have the ability to post them on the calendar, or your game nights do not appear on this calendar over the next few days, please contact Violet ,and or Linessah . They will get them squared away.

To convert the times to your timezone, use the following tool: Time Zone Converter. Please check the Discord Events channel for reminders about events. Also with some game nights being made up for that day due to the people whom are on.

Clan Jobs: In and out of gaming

Fever Clan Job Roster Master List

This link will take you to everything Fever and provides a table of contents to direct you to what you may seek. If you do not see anything for game that you are looking for I (or might be interested in starting a group in) contact

Head - @Thundernut,
Deputies - @Gizmo256, @Axle (Recruitment)

SunKenRock: With years under your belt, do you remember how you were introduced to fever?
Niine: I was introduced to Fever through my brother - Sixth. He was a member here about 3 years ago and I was only 14. I’d been through a bit of a rough patch with some mates from high school, and so Fever was like my ‘escape’ from high school drama.

SunKenRock: Of the time spent, and being around for the changes, what memory is your favorite?
Niine: I have a lot of memories here, and it’s hard to pick just one. My favourite time here was probably when I was company commander for CS:GO, back when I used to be a lot more organised and motivated, and the gamenights we ran on our server which were always really funny. I remember killing Bot Doc one round and freaking out - it was like my biggest achievement :p I also really enjoyed the times I was playing portal with Shanill, and Kimenu trying to teach me Norwegian - I still can’t say much now though!

SunKenRock: What's the origin of your gaming name?
Niine: When I was younger, I used to be into art and would spend most of my time drawing. My favourite thing to do was get my older brother’s Pokémon card collection and draw the Pokémon, but my favourite was always Ninetales. I never really understood why it was ‘Ninetales’ and not ‘Ninetails’ so I changed it to suit me. My old Fever name used to be ‘Nííne’ (but I broke the forums :p sorry Bogo <3 ) which came from when I first started to play WoW as that was the prefix to all of my usernames for the characters I had. When the forums updated, I had to change it to Niine

SunKenRock: What got you into gaming? Did it start small or go right into the big games?
Niine: I come from a family of gamers. From the moment I could hold a controller on my own, I started to play. I started out with smaller games on PlayStation such as Crash Bandicoot and Spyro and Simpson’s Hit and Run on the GameCube. When I was growing up, I was only read bedtime stories by my mum. If it was my dad putting me to bed, my bedtime story would be sitting on the arm of the couch watching him play Final Fantasy or Kingdom Hearts.

SunKenRock: Given the younger age, have you been able to play any early console games. Or just been PC only?
Niine: I’ve played some early console games as my brother’s and dad were playing video games before I was and collected them. I used to play Pokémon on my brother’s GameBoy, but preferred other games like Spyro or Crash Bandicoot on the PlayStation.

SunKenRock: What games do you activity play these days? Has that increased or decreased?
Niine: These days I play Overwatch A LOT. I don’t have too much time because I’m in my second year of college, so I have really big exams this year, but what time I do have I spend on Overwatch.

SunKenRock: Is there any game you miss playing or want to play again?
Niine: The game I miss playing the most was The Simpson’s Hit and Run - I used to love that game so much - but someone through away the GameCube when my grandparents were moving house and didn’t check if there was anything in it, so all of the other games including stupid Fifa were saved and The Simpson’s were thrown away - Rip. I do want to play Spyro again though.

SunKenRock: Going outside of gaming, do you have any hobbies or talents?
Niine: I like music. I can play Piano and Drums, although I don’t really have the time to do it anymore. I like to collect drumsticks from all over the world though as I really enjoy travelling. In my spare time, mostly between games or when we’re in the queue, I play Ukulele as I’m self-taught but love it. I also enjoy singing, although I hate people listening to me sing as I don’t sound very good :p

SunKenRock: Also, seeing as you seem to be a fan of traveling; where would you like to go but haven't? Also any recommendations for hopeful travelers?
Niine: I love travelling! But I hate planes, so that’s pretty annoying. I don’t have a fear of flying or anything, I just hate germs and planes just indicate germs to me. I’d definitely like to go to Japan and across the Netherlands. A place I’ve never gone before but have always wanted to, which often surprises others, is Ireland. Now I can legally drink, I have an even bigger reason to want to go there! For any hopeful travelers, there’s a lot of pretty places to go. I’d recommend a cruise; we go on them a lot and if you don’t like an area you’re visiting, it doesn’t matter much as you’ll be only staying for a day or so - you don’t even have to get off the boat! Cruises around the Caribbean and Mediterranean are the best in my opinion, but I haven’t been on many outside of those two. If you’ve got a big budget, I’d 100% recommend Dubai - it’s my favourite place on earth. If you live in the UK and have a smaller budget, I’d recommend a small town called Beddgelert as it’s got beautiful scenery and nice places to go walking. For somewhere in the middle and for shorter breaks, I’d recommend the Algarve (Portugal), Barcelona (Spain), or New York City (New York).

SunKenRock: Are there any goals you have set for the future or just going with the flow for now?
Niine: I have academic goals as I want to go to University to study Games Design and, more specifically Esports, but other than that, I’m just kinda going with the flow.

SunKenRock: Anything to say for the readers? Some of them Friends, avid readers, and new members?
Niine: Don’t take gaming too seriously - remember why you started playing games in the first place and have fun with it.

Oh, and stay hydrated!

Heroes Lounge announces a new league
The other week, Blizzard Entertainment announced that multiple members of the development team of their crossover MOBA Heroes of the Storm are moving to other company projects. This resulted in the cancellation of next year’s competitive events for the game. The HGC and Heroes of the Dorm events will not be returning in an official capacity in 2019. The sudden announcement caught many players by surprise, but some community members have stepped in to fill the void. Heroes Lounge is one of those communities.

Heroes Lounge bills itself as the “largest amateur league for Heroes of the Stormfor all skill levels with live streamed games almost every day on Twitch.” The league announced support for the competitive scene yesterday with a blog post. Boasting over 350 teams and thousands of players, the league focuses on the European and North American player base. In the post, Heroes Lounge announced a new league by the name of Heroes Lounge Division S. It will focus on high-level play and utilize a round-robin format. Planned rewards include crowd-funded prizes, and teams have the option to drop in and out with crucibles and qualifiers.

Interested teams can sign up for the new league starting in January. Qualifiers will follow, with teams playing on February 2 and 3. The league itself begins in March. Besides seeking players and teams, Heroes Lounge is also looking for volunteers to help work with the division. Those who wish to contribute financially to the league for prizes can do so using their Matcherino link, and it is currently nearing $7000. A calendar listing the community’s upcoming games in other leagues can be found here.

Even a week later, Blizzard’s forums are still abuzz with speculation about what the removal of events such as the HGC and Heroes of the Dorm will mean for Heroes of the Storm’s future. Despite attempts to assuage player concerns, the conversation continues.

Link: techraptor

The Walking Dead: The Final Season will be an Epic Store exclusive
(unless you already own it)

The Walking Dead: The Final Season was delisted from Steam and GOG in September, shortly after Telltale's wheels came off. The series was eventually picked up by Skybound Games, which said in November that the games would be "back online ASAP." Today that finally happened, with a little bit of a twist.

People who purchased the game on Steam or GOG will get the rest of the episodes in the series on their original platform, but for everyone else, it will only be available for purchase on the Epic Games Store.

"The team at Epic owns a major chapter in the history of the game industry. We’re excited to work together on their latest transformative event with the launch of the Epic Games Store," Skybound CEO Ian Howe and president of interactive Dan Murray said in a joint statement. "Epic stepped up to the plate immediately to work with us in order to bring the original team back together and ensure fans will receive the completed season of Telltale's The Walking Dead: The Final Season."

The Walking Dead: The Final Season is now listed on the Epic Store but isn't currently available for purchase, so there's no information on pricing. The Steam listing is still in place but has no purchase links; instead there's a message stating that "existing Season Pass purchasers will get automatic access to Episodes 3 & 4 on Steam on their release date." There's no visible listing for it at all on GOG right now.

The Walking Dead: The Final Season comes out on January 15. To be perfectly clear about it, if you've previously purchased the game elsewhere, you do notneed to re-buy it on the Epic Store. Skybound also called on the talents of Clementine voice actor Melissa Hutchison to answer some frequently asked questions: Older TWD seasons will remain available on their original platforms, cloud saves will carry over, and Skybound is not currently working on any other Telltale games.

Link: pcgamer

Hearthstone's new balance update nerfs several powerful decks

Hold onto your decks, it’s a Hearthstone balance update! This one is due out today, earlier than usual, with Blizzard changing five cards with the intention of improving both Standard and Wild modes.

Pay attention, Druids, because the first two changes affect you. Both Wild Growth and Nourish have had their mana costs increased by one, bumping them to three and six, respectively. They’re too powerful, says, Blizzard, and it’s a bit boring when they feature in everyone’s deck and get used constantly. With the change, you might want to add them to your late-game control druid deck, but unless you’ve built your deck around grabbing more mana, they’ll feature less prominently.

Level Up is also getting a price hike, this time for five to six. Blizzard wants to remove it from the Odd Paladin deck. It’s a powerful deck that first cropped up with the Witchwood expansion, covering the board in minions. With Level Up out, Blizzard says it will still be a competitive control deck, but its damage output will be easier for opponents to deal with.

Shamans using the Shudderwock deck might be a bit disappointed to discover that they won’t be able to spawn an army of Shudderwocks anymore. The Saronite Chain Gang’s battlecry now specifies that it summons another Saronite Chain Gang instead of summoning a copy of “this minion”. When you use Shudderwock to copy the card’s battlecry, then, you won’t get another Shudderwock.

Rogue’s Leeching Poison’s been defanged, too. While its cost has been reduced from two mana to one, it no longer gives your weapon permanent Lifesteal, instead you get it for one turn. Blizzard says it went against the studio’s philosophy of not giving the class a persistent self-heal, and it made the Kingsbane Rogue deck too powerful.

And that’s your lot! Some pretty big changes for a few decks. Have they ruined your plans? The update will be available soon, and you can read the patch notes here. If you're just getting into Rastakhan's Rumble, here are the 10 most exciting cards from the latest expansion.

Resident Evil 2 gets 'One-Shot' demo in January

It looks like the Resident Evil 2 remake is getting a surprise demo in January. According to a report by TrueAchievements, the team recently spotted a listing for the "Resident Evil 2: One-Shot Demo" on the Xbox Store. You can read an excerpt from the official description below.
This specially-tuned demo allows you to experience the newly reimagined Resident Evil 2, but be warned: whilst you can continue as many times as you like after dying, you'll only have thirty minutes to complete the demo. Take in the horror atmosphere at your own pace, or make a desperate dash to solve all the puzzles Raccoon Police Department has to offer? The choice is yours! This demo is available until January 31, 2019. You must be signed in and have an active internet connection to play.
According to the outlet, the demo should launch on January 11, a few days before Residnet Evil 2 releases on January 25. Hopefully this little peek into the game will blow people away, especially those who have been waiting years for the remake.

At the PlayStation E3 2018 reveal, it was unclear if the game was a PlayStation 4 exclusive or coming to other platforms. Luckily, we reached out to Capcom and the team provided us with confirmation that Resident Evil 2 was indeed coming to Xbox One, with Xbox One X enhancements in tow. The Xbox Store lists Resident Evil 2 as a "4K Ultra HD" title. In an interview with GamingBolt, Capcom Brand Manager Mike Lunn said players also get a 60 FPS option.

Resident Evil 2 originally launched in 1998 and is considered a cult classic. The title features tense exploration and puzzle-solving gameplay that are staples in the series even to this day. For those unfamiliar with the story, players join rookie police officer Leon Kennedy and college student Claire Redfield, who are thrust together by a disastrous outbreak in Raccoon City. The illness transforms the population into deadly zombies who just want to kill.

Link: windowcentral

The Steam Winter Sale 2018 has begun
The Steam Winter Sale has started, filling Valve’s digital shop with deals—over 15,000 of them, apparently—until January 3, 2019. As well as discounts from the sale, expect free items every day. The Steam Awards have also kicked off. You can start voting for your faves now, and here’s the Steam Awards shortlist if you need a refresher.

The Extremely Cozy Cottage of Surprises is this year’s themed event, and it’s basically an Advent calendar. Every day, you’ll be able to open a door every day and net yourself emotes, wallpaper and in-game items for Steam games.

So! Is there anything you’ve had your eye on that you didn’t get on Black Friday? I’ve done all my Christmas shopping, but I might treat myself to something to keep me entertained over the holidays. I think a cheerful, light adventure game is in order, to perk me up when I'm inevitably hungover and trapped inside by foul weather.

The Winter Sale is live now and ends at 10am PT on January 3.

Thank you for reading and have a nice week!
- The Weekly team that hires a cat

wishfire

Clan Member
Jul 2, 2018
Clan Rank
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
Merry Christmas! :)

Sir-Dome

Clan Member
Dec 6, 2016
Sallisaw,Ok
Clan Rank
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Merry Christmas!!!! and thanks for the news weekly update

Watzup

Clan Member
Mar 8, 2018
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major

Of the Army
Good issue happy holidays!!!

orcy11

Clan Member
Sep 16, 2015
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major

Of the Army
cool issue and happy holidays!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)