Fever Press: - Fever Weekly Issue #365 | FeverClan - Gaming Community

Fever Press: Fever Weekly Issue #365 (1 Viewer)

SunKenRock

Clan General
Aug 5, 2016
Kitchen
Clan Rank
Lt. General
Lt. General

Issue 365

Index:
(Click on any of them to be re-directed)

Editorial

Announcements
Fever Events
Special Events and Tournaments
Fever Jobs
Inside Fever
Fever FNG
Member Spotlight
Behind the scenes
Tech News
E-Sports
Game News
Miscellaneous
Gaming Beats
Funnies

I do apologize for lateness ,but like with most changes of a season there are also a surge of sick. Seems i good a little combination ,and respirtation stuff going on. My advice is to make sure to wash your hands , drink fluids , and try not to stay up while getting at least 7 hours .

- SunKenRock

As always there are small events going on during the week. With various raids for both Destiny 2 and WoW, along with the regular/weekly game nights that are around for the smaller or growing games.

This week I was about to get a quick interview with a new officer and feel gamer, Boondock

Game Nights:

Calendar

If you would like to help ensure your game's game nights, events, etc. are listed and want to have the ability to post them on the calendar, please let Linessah know.If your game nights do not appear on this calendar over the next few days, please let Violet ,and or Linessah know. They will get them squared away. All can be found on discord as well.

To convert the times to your timezone, use the following tool: Time Zone Converter. Please check the Discord Events channel for reminders about events. Also with some game nights being made up for that day due to the people whom are on.

This link will take you to everything Fever and provides a table of contents to direct you to what you may seek. If you do not see anything for game that you are looking for (or might be interested in starting a group in) contact

Head - @Thundernut,
Deputies - @Gizmo256, @Axle (Recruitment)

League of Legends: What do you think of the Pre season changes

Diablo 3: PTR for Season 16

Warframe: Baruuk, The Pacifist.

World of Warships: Update 0.7.11

SunKenRock: What introduced you to Fever, who did you befriend first?
BoondockEOD: First saw Fever on the icyveins forums as I was looking for more people to play Diablo with

SunKenRock: What do you like most about Fever?
BoondockEOD: I love the fact that it is a one-stop shop for all things games and community. I can jump into any different section and always find people willing to help or just group up.

SunKenRock: What's the origin of your gaming name? Did you ever use another name?
BoondockEOD: My gaming name actually comes from a combination of my favorite movie "Boondock Saints" and my current occupation "EOD" I used a few other games when I was young but to be honest I can't remember any of them

SunKenRock: What got you into gaming, something when you were a kid?
BoondockEOD: I still remember the first time I saw a video game, I was at my grandparents house and they had an Atari that they used to let me play on. From then on I was hooked. I put so many hours into my NES that I can't even begin to count them.

SunKenRock: Do you have an all-time favorite game that you pick up ?
BoondockEOD: I don't really have an all time favorite game, but if I had to choose one game it would probably be the first Final Fantasy. I still actually play it from time to time just for the nostalgia.

SunKenRock: What games do you activity play these days?
BoondockEOD: I currently play Diablo 3, Path of Exile, PUBG, and LoL. I put so many hours into DoTA 2 that I still jump on for a game every now and then. I also randomly may play a game of HoTS.

SunKenRock: How many hours do you put in your main game a week?
BoondockEOD: I play roughly 30ish hours a week in Diablo 3 when a season is fresh. After a month or so I tend to migrate around or lose interest. I do randomly play games but on occasion I will sit around and not really play anything just watch Twitch or something.

SunKenRock: What kind of things do you enjoy outside of gaming.
BoondockEOD: I don't do alot currently outside of gaming since I am so far away from any family including my kids. I do workout alot and on occasion I will go out with friends, but I prefer to be at home and comfortable.

SunKenRock: Is there any place you'd love to vacation at if money wasn't the issue.
BoondockEOD: There isn't a specific place I want to visit as if there was I would probably just plan the vacation. Currently my next stop will probably be Japan, just because I like the culture and love anime.

SunKenRock: What was the longest gameplay you've done. Where you only took pauses for the restroom/eat ?
BoondockEOD: The longest span I have spent playing a game would probably be somewhere around 18 hours. I don't do alot of long grind sessions, because it would mess up my gym routine.

SunKenRock: Are there any goals you seek to achieve in the near future, maybe something you hope to accomplish in a year or two?
BoondockEOD: I don't have any current goals really besides hopefully to move away from Georgia. I don't really mind the state but I would love to be closer to my kids. If that doesn't happen maybe I will move to Florida and be an instructor.

SunKenRock: Are you more Digital or Physical kind of guy (movies, cds, games)
BoondockEOD: I prefer a more digital approach to everything because I am not the biggest fan of interacting with people and the convenience of digital commerce always works well with me.

Team Vitality raises $22.7 million to lift European esports

European esports organization Team Vitality has raised €20 million, or $22.7 million, in an investment from entrepreneur Tej Kohli.

Team Vitality said it believes the investment is the largest ever for a European esports team. The sector is hot now, as market researcher Newzoo expects the business of esports to reach $1.7 billion in revenue by 2021.
The investor and the team are expecting that Europe’s esports sector will eventually rival Asian and North American esports markets.

“Esports is the future of both sport and entertainment and Vitality is one of the biggest and most exciting European teams,” Kohli said in a statement. “I’m thrilled to accompany them on their journey, as they look to become the number one esports team in Europe, and ultimately worldwide. I look forward to using my 40 years of business and technology experience to assist the management team in building a well-respected, world-class team, which will be a dream for every gamer and supporter to be a part of.”

Team Vitality has established itself as a leading professional brand in Europe with rosters across a number of titles. Vitality will tap Kohli’s business experience to try to build a brand recognized around the world.

The team will use the money to develop state-of-the-art facilities, including training and performance centers, as well as a flagship store and office. It will also be used to build teams that can compete on the global esports stage.

Vitality has recently launched a team for Counter Strike: Global Offensive, better known as CS:GO. That team won the DreamHack Open esports tournament in Atlanta.

Vitality was also recently confirmed as one of the teams that has secured a long-term partnership in the newly franchised European League of Legends Championship Series, which has been rebranded as the LEC.

Link for more: venturebeat

Shenmue 3 fundraising finishes

The Shenmue 3 Kickstarter wrapped up in mid-2015 with more than $6.3 million pledged, a massive crowdfunding success by any measure. But not enough! A "slacker backer" campaign continued to raise funds and carried it over the $7 million in July. That campaign ended recently too, and in a Kickstarter update post recently developer Ys Net revealed the final, all-in totals: $7,179,510, contributed by 81,087 backers.
Link: pcgamer

Red Dead Online’s beta started Tuesday

Almost exactly a month after Red Dead Redemption 2 launched, developer Rockstar has announced that the game’s online mode will start rolling out this week. The beta for Red Dead Online is available since tuesday for some users, as Rockstar is staggering the launch, likely to avoid the server issues that plagued GTA Online when it debuted several years ago.

Those who purchased the “ultimate edition” of the game will have access to the Red Dead Online beta started on Tuesday, November 27th, and on Wednesday, it opened up to anyone who played Red Dead Redemption 2when it launched on October 26th. On Thursday, anyone who played the game between October 26th and 29th can access the beta, and it will finally open up to everyone on Friday, November 30th. The online spinoff is free for anyone who owns the base game on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

As for what you’ll actually be doing in Red Dead Online, there’s still a lot we don’t know. Here’s how Rockstar explains it:

"With the gameplay of Red Dead Redemption 2 as its foundation, Red Dead Onlinetransforms the vast and deeply detailed landscapes, cities, towns, and habitats of Red Dead Redemption 2 into a new, living online world ready to be shared by multiple players. Create and customize your character, tailor your abilities to suit your play style, and head out into a new frontier full of things to experience.
Explore this huge world solo or with friends. Form or join a posse to ride with up to seven players; gather around the fire at your camp; head out hunting or fishing; visit bustling towns; battle enemy gangs and attack their hideouts; hunt for treasure; take on missions and interact with familiar characters from across the five states; or fight against other outlaws in both spontaneous skirmishes and pitched set-piece battles; compete with other players or whole posses in open world challenges and much more."
If GTA Online is any indication, Red Dead Online is a game that will continue to change and expand over time. Despite launching back in 2013, Rockstar continues to update GTA Online with new features and options; the game’s biggest expansion, a sprawling multipart heist, debuted last December.

Link: theverge

Blizzard reportedly working on ‘Warcraft’-themed ‘Pokémon Go’

Blizzard is reportedly working on a Warcraft spinoff that resembles the massively popular Pokémon Go, amid criticism against its recently announced mobile game, Diablo Immortal.

The project is currently in development under one of Blizzard’s incubation teams, according to an in-depth report by Kotaku on the past, present, and future of the Diablo franchise that cited 11 current and former Blizzard employees as sources.

One of the developers revealed that there are “lots of mobile game players at Blizzard,” with a good number of Pokémon Go enthusiasts. The iconic orc statue in the middle of the company’s campus is a Pokémon Go gym, and employees battle with each other to take control of it everyday.

One of these Pokémon Go fans within Blizzard is lead designer Cory Stockton, who formerly worked on World of Warcraft. The Kotaku report suggested that he had something to do with the launch of the project, which may also bring in massive revenues for Blizzard once released.

The Pokémon Go-like Warcraft game is now in development for smartphones. People who have played the mobile game said that it has “got a lot more to it” compared to Pokémon Go, including single-player mechanics, according to the report.

World of Warcraft has a vast pet system with over 1,000 different pets, featuring elements, creature categories, and skills — similar to the world of Pokémon, as Pokémon Go Hub pointed out. The Pokémon Go website suggested that a turn-based system that combines the capture mechanics of Pokémon Go and the quality of Blizzard titles could result in success for the upcoming mobile game.

Link: digitaltrends

League of Legends turns to Marvel comics
Riot Games, the developer behind League of Legends, is partnering with Marvel Entertainment to bring League lore to comics. It’s a rare crossover for the nine-year-old multiplayer strategy game, the storytelling for which has mainly been kept to its website. The two companies are bringing a new graphic novel called League of Legends: Ashe: Warmother that’s set to come out next May.

So far, Riot has limited its comic book ambitions to panels published on its site, which are timed to certain champion updates or cosmetic skin releases. Notably, a comic featuring Miss Fortune, a deadly pirate bounty hunter and captain of her own ship who seeks revenge on the men who betrayed her, was released last September. The comics have usually been story-intensive, drawing on well-thought-out lore that has been years in the making. They often also reimagine the League champions with more sympathetic storylines than the usual splash art and in-game catchphrases can really capture.

Riot’s head of creative development Greg Street tells The Verge that those comics were either standalone issues for specific champions in the game or tests for new formats and art styles. “Those were really helpful in figuring out the direction we are now committing to for our series with Marvel,” he explains.

The collaboration is a rare opportunity for Riot to showcase its years of lore that has often appeared as an afterthought in the game. It’s not apparent which champions are siblings, ex-lovers, or whether one has murdered another in lore, for instance, until you really get familiar with the game. “We think comics are a great way to tell stories because they combine narrative text with artwork,” Street says. “We can show what a village in the frozen north of Freljord or what a ship looks like in a tropical port of Bilgewater.”

Ashe: Warmother takes place in the icy region of Freljord and brings to light the origin story of Ashe, one of League’s original 40 champions. She often serves as a mascot for the game. As a warrior, Ashe sets out on a dangerous quest and needs to work as a young leader to save her people. The story is written by Riot’s senior narrative designer and writer Odin Austin Shafer, who has worked on comic scripts and champion creation before. The art is created by Nina Vakueva who’s best known for working on the 2017 series “Heavy Vinyl.”

“We see similarities between the League of Legends Universe and the Marvel Universe as both of them feature an array of characters with compelling and diverse backgrounds,” Street said in a press release. In an interview with The Verge, he says that, ultimately, there are three kinds of stories Riot wants to tell: more detailed origin stories; stories that advance the narrative beyond characters’ origins; and alternate universes of League, like K/DA, where four deadly assassins are re-envisioned as pop stars.

As much as Marvel and Riot would like to talk about the similarities between their invented worlds, the main difference is that after over a dozen movies in the MCU, superhero lore has become a lot more mainstream, while tons of small facts about League champions might seem a lot more obscure.

Link: theverge

Thank you for reading and have a nice week!
- The Fever Weekly Team

hybrid461

Clan Member
Dec 11, 2015
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major

Of the Army
Good stuff. Thanks for the issue

orcy11

Clan Member
Sep 16, 2015
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major

Of the Army
good issue!

Watzup

Clan Member
Mar 8, 2018
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major

Of the Army
Great info as alwys funnys were spot on like normal. Sad ti see activision is actively trying to kill blizzard with mobile games galour.

BoondockEOD

Vetted Officer
Jul 20, 2018
HInesville, GA
Clan Rank
Vetted Officer
Vetted Officer
Thanks for the issue! I can always count on a weekly dose of funny

CraftyGirl

Clan Member
Jul 31, 2018
Clan Rank
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Great update thanks

Dual

Not a pancake.
Jun 23, 2018
Clan Rank
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Lol that guy in the last comic was the real MVP.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)