Fever Press: - Fever Weekly Issue #357 | FeverClan - Gaming Community

Fever Press: Fever Weekly Issue #357 (1 Viewer)

Linessah

Vetted Officer
May 5, 2016
ID
Clan Rank
Vetted Officer
Vetted Officer

Issue 357

Index:
(Click on any of them to be re-directed)

Editorial

Announcements
Fever Events
Special Events and Tournaments
Fever Jobs
Inside Fever
Fever FNG
New Releases
Tech News
E-Sports
Game News
Miscellaneous
Gaming Beats
Funnies

It is the beginning of October and like every start of the month there is a bit more to pave the way for whats to come.Course the real winners will be those who have a few ways to game and arent restricted by exclusive platforms.

- SunKenRock

We still have the Appreciation thread open for all of October ,up until halloween. Great way to show you gamer love for one another.
Click HERE for the thread. You only have the rest of the month.

Look out for the calander as well , and do not be afraid to try out a game night .

Game Nights:

If you would like to help ensure your game's game nights, events, etc. are listed and want to have the ability to post them on the calendar, please let Linessah/Mr Cruz know.If your game nights do not appear on this calendar over the next few days, please let Linessah, MrCruz, Demonya, or Aussietye know. They will get them squared away. All can be found on discord as well.

To convert the times to your timezone, use the following tool: Time Zone Converter. Please check the Discord Events channel for reminders about events. Also with some game nights being made up for that day due to the people whom are on.

Extra Life Fever event

Aussietye will be holding an Extra Life Fever event this year on game day November 3rd. Anyone who joins Fever's team to help raise money for your local CMN hospital will receive 500 fever coins. Here is the link to join up: Click Here
He is looking for additional help for the event, so contact him on the forums and/or discord.

Clan Jobs:In and out of gaming

Fever Clan Job Roster Master List

This link will take you to everything Fever and provides a table of contents to direct you to what you may seek. If you do not see anything for game that you are looking for (or might be interested in starting a group in) contact

Head - @Thundernut, @Kimenu
Deputies - @MrCruz,@Daddy
@Axle(Recruitment)

Nessingwary's News 3rd edition

Clan Social :Game night for the choatic game of salem

Misc Shooter : Battlefield 5

Open Discussion : Simple Multiplayer options

PUBG : FaceIt comes to PUBG

BaddKharma / BrutalMurder / Farzot / mindset / Shockybalboa

Vozzey / UnclePhatMatt /Monsterness / Ardemmis / OMGitsHOW1EE

Geist / App / Frawst / Wombleinc / RogueGK

Dexsuo / Zoratu da'Watcher / T-Smo / irus125

OkTight / Ardemmis

Mega Man 11 (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Switch) – October 2

Forza Horizon 4 (PC, Xbox One) – October 2

Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise (PS4) – October 2

Super Mario Party (Switch) – October 5

Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey (PC, PS4, Xbox One) – October 5

WWE 2K19 (PC, PS4, Xbox One) – October 5

Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 (PC, PS4, Xbox One) – October 12

Warriors Orochi 4 (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Switch) – October 16

Heavy Fire: Red Shadow (PC, PS4, PS VR, Xbox One) – October 16

For Honor: Marching Fire DLC/season (PC, PS4, Xbox One) – October 16

World War 3 – Steam Early Access (PC) – October 19

Soulcalibur 6 (PC, PS4, Xbox One) – October 19

Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales (PC) – October 23

Gwent: The Witcher Card Game – official launch (PC) – October 23

Lethal League Blaze (PC) – October 24

Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4, Xbox One) – October 26

My Hero One’s Justice (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Switch) – October 26

Call of Cthulhu (PC, PS4, Xbox One) – October 30

A Look in League of Legends Worlds play-in stage

The 2018 League of Legends World Championship is nearly upon us, and the play-in stage will kick off the event with 12 of the top teams from around the globe.

The play-in dozen were split into four groups of three teams each via a drawing on Sept. 23. The top two squads from each group will advance to the knockout stage, which will pit the four top-seeded teams against the four second-seeded rosters. The winners of those knockout matches will earn a spot in the group stage.

Related: How to watch the 2018 League of Legends World Championship play-ins

The teams are ready—at least, they better be—to get Worlds started, so let’s take one last look at the play-in stage groups before the event begins.
Group A

• EDward Gaming
  • Infinity Esports
  • Dire Wolves
EDward Gaming appear to be the only team in Group A that doesn’t have any distractions heading into Worlds. Due to visa issues, Infinity Esports will arrive in South Korea later than expected, which changed up the play-in schedule a little bit.

Dire Wolves have run into their own issues. They’ll have to deal with the two-game suspension of captain and jungler Shern “Shernfire” Tai. Riot handed down a fine and suspension to Shernfire on Sept. 26, citing “extremely toxic and culturally insensitive language.”

Infinity and Dire Wolves are likely the two weakest teams in this group, which doesn’t bode well with outside issues possibly playing a factor in performance. While EDG did finish fifth in the LPL during the summer, they still compete against much more highly-skilled teams on a regular basis, something that can’t be discounted.

Dire Wolves are arguably the clear-cut second-place team in Group A, but with Shernfire’s suspension, it remains to be seen how the rest of the squad will handle his brief absence.
Group B

• Bahçeşehir SuperMassive​
  • Ascension Gaming​
  • G2 Esports​
G2 certainly have fallen from that second-place finish at last year’s MSI, but they shouldn’t have too much of a problem getting through to the group stage.

The European team had a less-than-impressive Summer Split in the EU LCS, finishing fourth in the regular season and being swept out of the playoffs. They found some form at the European gauntlet, however, which could be seen as a glimmer of hope for EU fans.

SuperMassive will likely give G2 some sort of test, though. The TCL representatives have proven to be the best Turkish team with championships in back-to-back split playoffs and even a top eight finish at MSI in May.

Ascension didn’t have that great of an MSI performance, finishing in a tie for 12th at the event. And with two relatively-strong teams in their group, they would appear to be the consensus third-place squad at the moment.
Group C

• Cloud9​
  • KaBuM! e-Sports​
  • DetonatioN FocusMe​
After a magical second half in the Summer Split, C9 advanced to the NA LCS finals. And despite their red-hot streak going in, Team Liquid humbled C9 in a three-game sweep. But that shouldn’t discourage C9 fans from being hopefully optimistic at Worlds.

NA is usually disappointed at Worlds, but maybe C9 can somehow make it through the tournament. It’s not likely, but C9 should still advance to the group stage, where they have the opportunity to cause upsets and make their own history.

To have that opportunity, they’ll have to go through KaBuM! e-Sports and DetonatioN FocusMe, who have awful names and are the strongest teams from their respective regions.

KaBuM hails from Brazil, where they won both CBLOL split playoffs this year. FocusMe, on the other hand, proved they were the strongest team in Japan with a LJL Summer Playoffs title.

Despite FocusMe’s accomplishment, C9 and KaBuM appear to be the stronger teams coming in.
Group D

• G-Rex​
  • Kaos Latin Gamers​
  • Gambit Esports​
Finally, we have Group D. G-Rex, who finished fifth in the LMS during the summer split, headline this group. They are joined by the Latin American team Kaos Latin Gamers and Gambit Esports of the LCL.

Gambit secured a top eight finish at MSI earlier in the year before winning the LCL Open Cup and taking the LCL Summer Playoffs. Kaos Latin Gamers topped the CLS Closing Playoffs earlier in the month as well.

Similarly to EDward Gaming, G-Rex would look like the favorite out of the trio just based off of the competition they play against on a regular basis in the LMS. They do seem to a weaker team, though, which could be fatal with Gambit and KLG lurking.
Link:dotesports

Black Desert Online's new expansion Drieghan arrives in November

Black Desert Online developers Pearl Abyss and Kakao Games, have announced that their Korean MMO is getting a new expansion entitled 'Drieghan,' arriving on November 14.

Also known as 'the land of dragons,' Drieghan is the ancestral home of the dwarves and players will be able to explore this new, mountainous area, including Duvencrune, the dwarven capital. The expansion will introduce new monster areas, including ‘Tshira Ruins,’ ‘Sherekhan's Grave’, and ‘Blood Wolf Town,' as well as over 300 new quests, new story content, and a new world boss, Garmoth, The Crimson Dragon.

The trailer doesn't give a lot away but we do get a look at a rather bleak town, a mucky-looking swamp, and some formidable mountain passes—as well as a glimpse at what seems to be Garmoth.

Drieghan is set for release on November 14.

Link:pcgamer

Scum Recent Update

Set a bunch of convicted felons loose on an island, and things are gonna get pretty dark, pretty quick. You can already butcher other people into meat hunks and eat them in Early Access survival game Scum, but today's update gives you a grisly new fashion option as well: masks you can craft from human skin.

Along with skin you'll need some rope, a sewing kit or needle, a knife, and two magnifying glasses (to make those ghastly eye-holes). And sure, you can use animal skin instead of human skin, but let's get real: if you want to be a proper monster, you're gonna want to use human skin. There's just no substitute.

To help you achieve the real boogeyman experience, 30 new caves have been added to Scum's island for you to lurk in while wearing your flesh-mask. The patch also includes a craftable .50 cal handgun and improvised shotgun which require resources like scrap metal, duct tape, nails, and wood. There's also night vision goggles which will spawn in military zones and bunkers. A handful of taunts round out the update (now you can give someone the finger before they kill you and wear your skin on their face), along with some optimization tweaks, bug fixes, and sound design changes, and a few other improvements. Full patch notes are here

Link:pcgamer

Discord's first seven exclusive games have been unveiled

Discord announced its digital game marketplace earlier this year, saying that it hoped to stand out from its competitors with 90-day timed exclusive indie titles. Now, the company has unveiled the first seven games that will fit that category. The line-up includes a "hat combat" multiplayer brawler, a soccer-themed beat-em-up, and a minimalist strategy game.

Back in August, we reported that Discord was aiming to take on Steam by opening up its own in-app game store. Much like Steam, users would be able to purchase games from Discord and access them in the future via a dedicated library section.

So far, the feature has only been available to a handful of testers. That isn't changing just yet -- the service won't launch to the public for a couple months -- but Discord has announced a few exclusive games users can expect to see on the platform.

The first title is King of the Hat, a "hat based" multiplayer action game where players seemingly chuck their caps at each other in Super Smash Bros-like arenas.

The second exclusive game is set to be Last Year: The Nightmare, a "team-based strategy" horror game that pits five teenage survivors against a single killer (all players), similar to Evolve, Friday the 13th, and Dead by Daylight.

The third game in Discord's repertoire will be "Sinner: Sacrifice for Redemption," which looks a lot like an indie version of Dark Souls. However, it differentiates itself from From Software's popular franchise by featuring "level down" progression - before each "duel," main character Adam sacrifices his health, strength, or equipment to progress.

Game number four is "At Sundown," which appears to be a Hotline Miami-like, isometric multiplayer shoot-em-up. Players will "shoot, dash, or slash" their way to victory in hectic-looking deathmatches.

"Bad North," Discord's fifth exclusive game, is completely different to the others on this list. It's a relaxing-looking strategy game with an ultra-minimalistic aesthetic that puts players in control of a small band of refugees who are attempting to flee from "relentless Viking hordes."

The last two exclusives Discord has announced thus far are Mad Machines and Minion Masters. The former advertises itself as a "brutal ball sport" game, which seems to blend soccer with classic 3D brawling gameplay - in other words, it's the Rocket League of beat-em-ups.

Minion Masters, on the other hand, looks pretty similar to HearthStone, but with a unique MOBA twist. Instead of battling it out with cards in turn-based fashion, it looks like players will have to use their decks to spawn and control actual minions in real-time.

Unlike console-specific titles like Bloodborne or God of War that will probably never see the light of day on PC or Xbox, Discord's offerings will only be timed exclusives. After 90 days, they'll become available for purchase on other platforms.

Link:Techspot

Total War Three Kingdoms launch date set for March 7th 2019
Developers Creative Assembly and publisher Sega have this week announced an official release date for the upcoming turn-based, real-time tactics and strategy game Total War Three Kingdoms. Confirming that the highly anticipated release will take place on March 7th, 2019. To whet your appetite in the meantime check out the new trailer embedded below providing a quick glimpse at what you can expect from the latest game in the Total War series.

Three Kingdoms is the first in the multi award-winning strategy series to recreate epic conflict across ancient China. Combining turn-based campaign game of empire-building, statecraft and conquest with real-time battles.

“The game begins in 190 CE, in which the once glorious Han dynasty is on the verge of collapse. The new emperor, Emperior Xian, enthroned at the age of eight, was manipulated by the warlord Dong Zhuo, whose oppressive rule leads to chaos. New warlords rise and form alliances to start the campaign against Dong Zhuo. With each warlord having personal ambitions and allegiances constantly shifting, the champions that emerge from the ever lasting wars will shape the future of China.”

Link:Geeky-gadget

Thank you for reading and have a nice week!
- The Fever Weekly Team

Watzup

Clan Member
Mar 8, 2018
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major

Of the Army
Hey the right one! Good info on the upcoming games and discord things.

LovelessJackal

Clan Member
Oct 8, 2015
Chicago, IL
Clan Rank
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
I've been looking forward to that fist of the North Star game since I first caught wind of it. remembering watching the anime, I truly hope they do it justice.

The new Mario Party looks soooo freakin fun but the limitation of controller use is mind baffling to me. So, until they make a patch available to include multiple controller use (Pro, Joy Con, etc etc)I'll save my pennies for Devil May Cry. Ugghh. Had the stupidest teenage crush on Dante back in my younger days, and to see he's aged with time? My my my. I can't wait to play that game, the trailer alone have me beyond interested.

Dual

Not a pancake.
Jun 23, 2018
Clan Rank
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Thanks for all the info! Damn it Discord, I only have so much money to throw at gaming!!

mYth

Clan Member
Jan 31, 2017
Nowhere
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major

Of the Army
Mmm...F76...soon

SunKenRock

Clan General
Aug 5, 2016
Kitchen
Clan Rank
Lt. General
Lt. General
I've been looking forward to that fist of the North Star game since I first caught wind of it. remembering watching the anime, I truly hope they do it justice.

The new Mario Party looks soooo freakin fun but the limitation of controller use is mind baffling to me. So, until they make a patch available to include multiple controller use (Pro, Joy Con, etc etc)I'll save my pennies for Devil May Cry. Ugghh. Had the stupidest teenage crush on Dante back in my younger days, and to see he's aged with time? My my my. I can't wait to play that game, the trailer alone have me beyond interested.

Depends. Did you play the Yakuza games?

GrimlockBlyth

Clan Member
Jan 1, 2018
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major

Of the Army
So many crowns!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)