Weekly News: Fever Weekly Issue #322 (1 Viewer)

Linessah

Vetted Officer
May 5, 2016
ID
Clan Rank
Vetted Officer
Vetted Officer

Issue 322

Index:
(Click on any of them to be re-directed)

Editorial
Announcements
Fever Events
Special Events and Tournaments
Fever Jobs
Fever FNG
P.O.W.
Member Spotlight
Inside Fever
Behind the scenes
New Releases
Tech News
E-Sports
Game News
Gaming Beats
Funnies

[HR][/HR]

Greetings!

To you my fellow readers
Who gaze upon the page
Skim through the news
That we brought today

Parts of fever spread
Variety with various info
A high standard thread
Starting with this intro

Enjoy what you like
Laugh,read ,absorb
Consistency is key
So nobody is ever bored.

Whats important most
Is to give you what you wish
In the end i can say
Thanks for all the fish.

- SunKenRock

[HR][/HR]

World of Warcraft

Aisper:
I'm looking for a raid leader for the alliance raid team or the horde raid team. Either will work well. I'm also interested in finding someone to try and get some pvp things going so we can diversify what we do in the wow section

Mission: Fever Appreciation!!

-Linessah-
I wanted to do a little project reflecting similar ones we've had in years gone by: a little thread where folks of all ranks and games to express a simple little message showing appreciation for someone in the clan. Be it a chat buddy while hanging out in the discord, or someone who went above and beyond to make your experience in Fever that much more enjoyable. We didn't get to over 10 years of being a clan going it all alone, so show some love!

The Fevers
The Fevers are here!! We have begun the nomination process for our beloved Fever awards, so be sure to think about your candidates and nominate wisely. The nomination period will last until Feb. 5th at 11:59pm PST (Feb. 6th at 2:59am EST). Next phase will be the voting phase, so without the nominations of *everyone*, we won't have very many people to vote on!! So make sure to nominate!!

Recruiting Announcement
Due to shift and change , there are now openings for coordinators within the recruiting department. The following Moba , RPG , and Shooters each need there own person to oversee each section.As each game is split up according ,and the purpose is to help fuel the possibilities of getting fever seen for people to join. For further information look below for links to those who run Recruiting within the in-game section.

Note: If there are any changes or events not listed, please contact any of the Fever Weekly staff.

[HR][/HR]

Game Nights:

To convert the times to your timezone, use the following tool: Time Zone Converter. Please check the Discord Events channel for reminders about events.

Monday
- Overwatch = 8pm to 10/11pm (EST) | Host : Chronubis
- Diablo 3 Event = 7:30pm (EST) | Host : Sendain
- Path of Exile = 7:00pm (EST) | Host : Madredz

Tuesday
- World of Warcraft (Horde Raids) = 8pm to 11pm (EST) | Host : Aisper

Wednesday
- CS:GO = 7:00pm (EST) | Host : Citten
- World of Warcraft (Raids) = 8pm to 11pm (EST) | Host : Aisper

Thursday
- Diablo 3 = 8pm (EST) | Host: Byrdicus
- Diablo 3 = 10pm (EST) | Host : Bob_o
- Overwatch = 9pm (EST) | Host : TBD
- World of Warcraft ( Horde Raids) = 8pm to 11pm (EST) | Host : Aisper

Friday
- Dota 2 = 3pm to 5pm (EST) | Host : Thundernut
- Path of Exile = 7:00pm (EST) | Host : Madredz
- Diablo 3 = 8pm (EST) | Host : Sendain
- League of Legends = 8pm to 10pm (EST) | Host : Sixxed17
- Pubg = 8pm to 10pm (EST) | Host : TBD

Saturday
- CS:GO = 6:30pm to 8:30pm (EST) | Host : cBizzle
- Starcraft = 9pm (EST) | Host : Proteggiore
- League of Legends = 9:30pm (EST) | Host : macho001
- World of Warcraft (Alliance Raids) = 8pm to 12am (EST) | Host : Funkmonkey +

Sunday
- Diablo 3 = 1pm (EST) | Host : Sendain for NA - Non-Seasonal
- League of Legends = 9pm (EST) | Host : Batman

All game nights are held in Discord, so please join Discord to get in on the fun!

----------

Hosts to contact
@Madredz || Path of Exile Game Night - Monday and Friday at 7PM EST

Cbizzle || CS:GO Game Night -
Saturday at 6:30PM EST.

@Sixxed17 || League of Legends - Friday from 8pm to 10pm (EST)

@macho0001 || League of Legends - Saturday from 9:30pm to whenever (EST)

@Batman || League of Legends - Friday from 9pm to 11pm (EST)

@Chronubis || Overwatch Game Night - Monday from 8pm to 10pm/11pm (EST)Thursday at 9pm (EST)

@Sendain || Diablo 3 Game Night - Monday at 7:30pm (EST), Friday at 8pm (EST), and Sunday at 1pm (EST) (Sunday is for NA servers, non-seasonal play)

@Bob_o || Diablo 3 Game Night - Thursday at 10pm (EST)

@Proteggiore || Starcraft 2 Game Night - Saturday at 9pm (EST)

@gebug || Starcraft 2 Game Night -

@Byrdicus || Diablo 3 Game Night - Thursday at 8pm (EST)

@Citten || CS:GO Game Night - Wednesday at 7pm (EST).

Official Thread for January:Starcraft 2

Starcraft 2 - January's Fever Star League sign-ups are Closed! The tournament is underway , started last week and is going until Feb 5th. The schedule is based around the attendee's availability. Please contact [MENTION=34692]Synizta[/MENTION] with any questions.

Also for one in February:FSL Sign Ups

Overwatch - Just put up recently , the Cross Community tournament by the GCC. Sign ups are open ,with the starting date on February 3rd, 5pm EST. 1 Team is allowed per community with a full 6 plus 2 subs. All players will be asked to join the GCC Discord. Now , for more and further details click Here

Diablo 3 - [MENTION=84062]Ghist[/MENTION] will be hosting a Great Rift push and training event this Saturday, February 3. If you play Diablo 3, and you're looking to learn more about the world of high-level greater rifts - I suggest you find a way to attend! Signups and times can be found here.

[HR][/HR]

In-Game Sections:​
In addition to recruiting, games need staffing to help them run efficiently so all members can have a great time. These tasks can range from roster management, new-member orientation, hosting game nights, and becoming a game representative. If you are interested please contact:

@Thundernut or @Kimenu
They are also looking for people who'd like to officially form a gaming section. For further info on the state of gaming , check out this post: State of Gaming.

MOBA
League of Legends:

@Sithis , @macho0001,and @Sixxed17 are seeking members for various rolest. There are openings for Officers (2LT+) and mostly to help with various aspects of the section. He is also looking for help with planning tournaments, and active enlisted members (PVT-SMA) within game that can give feedback and keep interest high.

Heroes of the Storm:

Fever is looking for those to join the ranks of the Heroes of the storm community. For members it can be to keep giving life to the section and to any of those offering their free time. Such as hosts, recruiting, and posting patch notes for content.

For a list of open jobs within HOTS, please reference: Hots Staff Openings

SMITE:

@Grant is the XO in SMITE, a third-person MOBA centered around the various pantheons of gods, goddesses, and deities. Please contact him if you want to help. There is always openings for adding to the various game nights.

Dota 2:

@-Nameless is helping out with this MOBA. It is a different MOBA, yet it can be a fit for those who may not like the other games in this section. Please contact them if you have an interest in helping this section.
RTS & Strategy
Starcraft 2:

@Shiva is leading the charge in StarCraft 2, which has been seeing an influx of new members.Along with the help of his Deputy Company Commander of @Proteggiore

Hand of the Gods:

@TheHonjoMasamune is the XO of this game. Below is a synopsis of the game for those who have not heard of it yet.

Hand of the Gods: SMITE Tactics is a turn-based strategy game from from Hi-Rez Studios. Build a card deck from a large roster of mythological gods and creatures from SMITE like Zeus, the Greek God of the Sky, and Odin, the Norse Allfather. Then wage war in competitive multiplayer matches or single-player campaigns.
RPG/MMO
Black Desert Online

@Ian is the XO who runs the ever-popular MMO that has seen the recent influx of popularity within the community. Please contact Ian if you are interested in helping grow this section.

Elder Scrolls Online:

Elder Scrolls Online is being run by @-Nameless with the help of @EddieTheDank to give activity to this MMO. Please contact them if you are interested in helping them out!

Runescape:

@Tigermonk is XO of RuneScape, which is a fantasy MMORPG that was released originally in January 2001. Please let Tigermonk know if you wish to help with this long-established game.

Diablo 3:

@Linessah Who is driving the Diablo 3 community through the various seasons is looking for additional help with the EU and Hardcore portions of the game. If you are interested in helping grow the Non-Season portion of the game, please contact @Sendain.

Path of Exile:

@Axle Path of Exile is a growing game that will always have new additions and updates. There is always a need for volunteers who want to join the staff to help out the section.

WarGaming

@LordsShield is XO for for the section of three games,but is looking for assitants as well. WarGaming cover the 3 games. Warships,Tanks, and Planes. Thanks for the help of Gizmo the Warships community has blossomed here in fever.

World of Warcraft

@Aisper has taken the charge in Fever's guild on Mal'Ganis and making steady progress in the current tier of raiding. Please contact them for any potential staffing needs.

Guild Wars 2 (SGT+)

Thundernut and Kimenu is looking for a member (SGT+) to build up GW2: Path of Fire. Please contact them if you are interested in becoming the XO for this section.
Shooter
Warframe:

Is a free-to-play cooperative third-person shooter with the XO @Nefarious. He is the one to contact if you would like any info on the game. Also if you want to help or get involved in it as well.

CSGO:

@Zerox is currently running this section as the Deputy Company Commander,with @Cbizzle helping out. Please contact them if you wish to help out!

Destiny 2

Is the multiplatform game and the sequel for Destiny.@Cookie is the leading xo for the game . He is in charge of the section and will a active player for those who seek the game out. Or those who simply want to join in on raid.

PUBG:

@Damien is leading the way in this popular shooter. They are currently looking for players to join them, as well as anyone interested in hosting game nights or becoming the Event Coordinator.

Fortnite

A newly released co-op sandbox survival video game which was released in July and is now run by @Rain Days. Please let them know if you wish to help the game's presence grow!

Paladins:

One might think this game has a similar style to that of overwatch ,but had some differences that make the game and character its own ,separated from the blizzard shooter. Now it has an XO-@[URL="http://feverclan.com/forums/members/anger.html"]-aNger[/URL] . Who is looking for others to add to the game, and help out with various ways to get a core group of player.

Overwatch:

@-Nameless ,with @Chronubis are running this hit shooter from Blizzard .If you would like to help our Overwatch community, there is a thread here for officers and enlisted members listing available jobs.
----------​
Recruiting:
Looking to help draw more people into the clan for various games? Join the Recruiting team! Recruiting helps grow our already active sections, and can even bring new sections to life!

Please contact@[URL="http://feverclan.com/forums/members/baum.html"]Baum[/URL]
@AxleWith @Eatmochickenand@BruC0Ndr

Looking for coordinators to fill in for the game genre.
You can join to perform in-game recruiting, giving potential recruits an invitation to discord for a trial view of what our clan is about.
Out of Game Section:​

Public Relations:
Are you an out-going person who would like to represent our clan and get in contact with others?
If you answered 'yes', then consider contacting...
@Kimenu, @BruC0Ndrand Coordinator -Nameless who is looking for new public relation members to join the team. You can also contact them if you are interested in becoming a Streamer or Host.
For social media, feel free to contact anyone from the team. In order to help represent or promote Fever.

"We're looking for more YouTube content creators, and people experienced with YouTube editing/ video editing contact BruC0Ndr if you're interested"

Stats Department:
@Gyorn is now looking for a Director/Assistant/or Coordinator to fill open roles within the department. These roles range from Enlisted (PVT-SMA) to Officer (2LT+). For those looking for more information about being a Coordinator look here Link.

Master of the Forums:
The Master of the Forums Team is currently looking for any and all officers to assist in the upkeep and monitoring of the Fever Clan forums. Our day to day tasks is making sure all stickies are being updated with current information, monitoring the forums for spam/junk/clutter, as well as ensuring all rules and standards are being kept by all members and guests. For more information contact:
@Daddy
@Saud
@Linessah handles the Content Creation portion of MOTF. If you are interested in creating content for a forum section, including games, please contact her.
Awards Council:
The Awards Council is designed to acknowledge our players who accomplish various tasks within the games they play, as well as through special commendations. These commendations can range from time spent in the clan, holding certain jobs, recruiting players, or just being a stand-up Fever member! If you wish to help this department in granting these awards to the players that deserve them, please contact @Bob_ohttp://feverclan.com/forums/members/bob_o.html

Graphics Team:
The Graphics Department is searching for members who like to exercise their artistic and graphic design skills. Their goal is to support all departments of Fever through the creation of any necessary graphics - from award ribbon/medals, tournament banners, game banners, and youtube graphics. If this sounds like something you would like to contribute to, please contact @Bob_ohttp://feverclan.com/forums/members/bob_o.html or @Cbizzlehttp://feverclan.com/forums/members/cbizzle.html

----------​

[HR][/HR]

Laowy / CaressCarro / Fenrir263 / Vandros / MemeQueen

Oldskule / KusEmek / Zi_On / XxLiveeviLxX / zardonic123

Dantehallow / Overrated / WackyT420 / Duplicity61385 / pockets123

SND1G / CarryYourWorld

[HR][/HR]

Last week's winner was Target - please congratulate him!

This week's nominees are:

Spartankhun

JamminBreeze

R3b3rn

Please vote for them here -> PoW-1-29-2018

[HR][/HR]

Hello Fever! Shiny here, welcoming you all to another edition of Member Spotlight. This week, we have Citten! She's a Corporal who can be commonly found in CS:GO, planting bombs or saving hostages. She's also our latest P.O.W. winner!

Let's see what she had to say.

Shiny: First of all, congratulations on winning last week's P.O.W. Why do you think you were nominated and eventually declared victor of that award?
Citten: I am generally a super talkative person, and I probably hang out in the hot tub (a discord channel) too much. I will also try any game at least once.

Shiny: Is there anything you'd like to tell the people who voted for you?
Citten: You know I love yall. Everyone has been super nice here since I have joined.

Shiny: What's the origin of your gaming name?
Citten: oh gawd lol. So it comes from high school, from an ex lesbian girlfriend. I called her charlie and she called me citten. It kinda stuck

Shiny: How did you find out about Fever?
Citten: My husband joined since he was friends with cookie and I eventually followed.

Shiny: Do you have any clan jobs?
Citten: I am game night host for cs:go on Wednesdays, I encourage everyone reading to come check it out! I also try to recruit people from games i play.

Shiny: I'm sure you've made plenty of friends and memories since joining Fever. Are there any notable ones you'd like to share?
Citten: I really need to stay out of the hot tub channel, I don't think i have too many that are safe for kids eyes lol. I am a huge storyteller, I love to make people laugh.

Shiny: What's something you think Fever does really well? What's something you think it needs to improve?
Citten: I think they do a good job about recruiting the right people, because I don't see that many that are immature. I would definitely like to see more people using the clan's discord, which is something I am trying to help make happen.

Shiny: Let's talk gaming. Whats your main game? Where can Fever members find you?
Citten: Cs:go of course. I am usually in their rooms on discord

Shiny: What other kind of games are you playing nowadays? What roles/class/character/etc do you prefer to play in them?
Citten: I do play overwatch, league of legends, heroes of the storm, diablo 3, and quite a few others. I am usually down for anything if someone wants to play. I usually go for supports in games, like the cleric and such, but I also like someone who is a long range damage dealer. I am not much for being a tank.

Shiny: Is there a game that you've either played/beaten many times or that you will never get tired of playing no matter what?
Citten: cs:go, despite the occasional hacker. Also the sims, as morbid as it is, it doesn't get old killing them lmao.

Shiny: What's your all-time favorite game? Why?
Citten: ooo this is a hard one. I think the one I played for the longest and really got me started into gaming was pokemon ruby on gameboy advance when i was a kid.

Shiny: We have all started somewhere. Who or what got you into gaming?
Citten: My parents started me because we always had a console in our house starting with the nintendo and those horrible cartridges that you had to blow on to play. I played Starfox, mario and mortal kombat when i was like 5.

Shiny: What was your first gaming console?
Citten: Good old super nintendo

Shiny: Aside from gaming, what do you do in your free time? Any hobbies?
Citten: If I am not gaming then I am taking care of my two cute little boys. I also love playing with my cat. I also spend alot of time doing my paint by diamonds. I crochet, I love to color and paint and cook.

Shiny: What is paint by diamonds? Never heard of it.
Citten: It's like a gigantic canvas that has a match by number with sticky on it and you carefully place small gems into the right place.

Shiny: Where were you born? Where do you live now?
Citten: kentucky and Kentucky. I have lived in tennessee and indiana though.

Shiny: What's your favorite thing about where you live? What's your least favorite?
Citten: Everything is super cheap here. Especially rent and food. I do really hate the intolerance of the people here. They are super racist and really look down on people with tattoos and piercings. Seeing as though i have 4 tattoos and 12 piercings, I get dirty looks quite often.

Shiny: I think the best way to end this interview is telling the readers how they can reach you if they want to group up and play some games with you.
Citten: Discord of course, just message me privately, I got the app on my phone and I am one of those people that have my phone attached to my hip constantly.

Shiny: I think that wraps it up, thank you very much for your time!
Citten: Any time!​

[HR][/HR]

Heroes of the storm:Maiev Shadowsong

Diablo 3:Season 12 ending soon

Rainbow six seige:Looking For Squadmates

CSGO:CS:GO Company Weekly Update

Path of Exile:Upcoming Development Schedule

[HR][/HR]

[video=youtube;m5KXVx8fS68]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5KXVx8fS68[/video]

[HR][/HR]

We Were Here Too - (PC) - Feb 2
[video=youtube;Mwq8c68BvOM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mwq8c68BvOM[/video]

Shadow of the Colossus - (PS4) - Feb 6

[video=youtube;RqUphnk3xbU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqUphnk3xbU[/video]

Civilization VI: Rise and Fall - (PC) - Feb 8

[video=youtube;h31myLyc_qk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h31myLyc_qk[/video]

Dynasty Warriors 9 - (PC, PS4, Xbox One) - Feb 13

[video=youtube;rAYH7JcJBKU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAYH7JcJBKU[/video]

Kingdom Come: Deliverance - (PC, PS4, Xbox One) - Feb 13

[video=youtube;vCQZl6wcG2E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCQZl6wcG2E[/video]

Secret of Mana - (PC, PS4, Vita) - Feb 15

[video=youtube;YnPnKlhJajQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnPnKlhJajQ[/video]

Bayonetta,Bayonetta 2- (Switch) - Feb 16

[video=youtube;1LcgIR7YPOo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LcgIR7YPOo[/video]

Fe - (PC, Switch, PS4, Xbox One) - Feb 16

[video=youtube;9QK2xQ8RNwo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QK2xQ8RNwo[/video]

Age of Empires: Definitive Edition - (PC) - Feb 20

[video=youtube;UDe78q1hYqM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDe78q1hYqM[/video]

Metal Gear Survive (PC, PS4, Xbox One) - February 20

[video=youtube;rgrOw__Lcmk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgrOw__Lcmk[/video]

Past Cure - (PC, PS4, Xbox One) - Feb 23

[video=youtube;PcGmgzBRjwc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcGmgzBRjwc[/video]

Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet - (PC, PS4, Xbox One) - Feb 23

[video=youtube;t1dqrasyluM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1dqrasyluM[/video]

Girls und Panzer: Dream Tank Match - (PS4) - Feb 27

[video=youtube;u9Zy2-7mvQE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9Zy2-7mvQE[/video]

Gravel - (PC, PS4, Xbox One) - Feb 27

[video=youtube;dXpEgkaqVwM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXpEgkaqVwM[/video]

[HR][/HR]

[video=youtube;D-H1SAOg-oo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-H1SAOg-oo[/video]

[HR][/HR]

Cloud9 conquer FaZe Clan in the ELEAGUE Major: Boston grand final

For the first time in Counter-Strike: Global Offensive history, a North American team have been crowned Valve Major champions, as Cloud9 defeated European supersquad FaZe Clan in the grand finals of the ELEAGUE Major: Boston earlier today.
The two CS:GO teams, who both looked exceedingly strong heading into the event, battled for four hours across three maps in the grand final. Cloud9's victory, however, seemed incredibly unlikely given the tenure of FaZe's roster.
The Boston crowd certainly had a lot to cheer for initially, at least, as Cloud9 made Mirage their playground. Seemingly nothing FaZe did on defense appeared to work, as both Tyler "Skadoodle" Latham and Timothy "autimatic" Ta completely obliterated FaZe.

By the time FaZe could respond with a second round victory, Cloud9 had already established an 8-1 lead. While FaZe started mounting a comeback in the second portion of the first half, Cloud9 still pulled ahead with a solid 9-6 scoreline.

But once the second half started, things started looking drastically different for both teams. Aside from a strong defense on the second round, FaZe won eight straight rounds. Cloud9 were then put in the awkward position of not only having lost the lead, but needing to force the map to an overtime scenario.

Unfortunately for the home crowd, Cloud9's response came too late—as FaZe completed the comeback and went into the second map of the series on tournament point.

Cloud9 shocked FaZe on their own map pick, getting off to a tremendous 8-0 lead in the first half. The North American team consistently shut down any attempt by FaZe on either bombsite, and completely nullified star player Nikola "NiKo" Kovac—leaving him with only a few kills throughout the half.

FaZe responded in some rounds, but never built off of their success, as Cloud9 ended the first half with a dominant 12-3 scoreline. The Europeans won the second pistol round, but Cloud9 quickly returned to their winning ways, as Skadoodle put the team on match point.

While victory looked all but certain for Cloud9, FaZe staged the beginnings of a strong comeback—winning six rounds in a row until North America's favorites finally closed Overpass out 16-10.

The final map of the series, Inferno, initially looked to be going heavily in FaZe's favor. In fact, after suffering a few early round losses, the Europeans came back to win seven rounds in a row. Cloud9's best efforts saw the first half end 8-7 in favor of FaZe—but after a victory in the second pistol round, Cloud9's hopes looked to be dwindling fast.

FaZe eventually reached match point, but after attempting to end the game with two forcebuys, Cloud9 capitalized on the opportunity and forced the series to overtime. Almost immediately, Jake "Stewie2k" Yip put on a hero-level performance to secure the initial round of overtime.

Their triumphant victory in the first round was followed by two more consecutive wins—meaning they only needed to win the opening round of the next half to leave Boston as Valve Major champions. FaZe had their share of heroics as well, however, and star AWPer Ladislav "GuardiaN" Kovács kept FaZe in the game after pulling off an absurd one-vs-two clutch.

But as soon as Cloud9 saw an opening in the second half, the team jumped at the opportunity, dismantling FaZe at seemingly every turn, with miraculous defenses out of Skadoodle and Stewie2k once again securing them the lead. Unfortunately for GuardiaN, he couldn't claim what came to be the deciding round of the tournament, and Cloud9 pushed through to victory.

As such, Cloud9 have made history, as they became the first North American team to win a Valve Major, and defeated some of the world's best teams on their way to the championship.​

Link:dotesports

[HR][/HR]

Epic Games is shutting down Paragon

Epic Games will shut down Paragon, its multiplayer online battle arena title, on April 26. The company announced that it will take the game’s servers offline at that date, offering an apology to those who expected more from Paragon.

Epic Games’ full statement on the reason why Paragon is closing shop is below.

Hey Everyone,

It’s with heavy hearts we’ve decided to close down Paragon.

We truly appreciate everything you’ve put into Paragon. We received many passionate ideas for where to take the game; the outpouring of thoughtful suggestions is another testament to this incredible community.

After careful consideration, and many difficult internal debates, we feel there isn’t a clear path for us to grow Paragon into a MOBA that retains enough players to be sustainable.

We didn’t execute well enough to deliver on the promise of Paragon. We have failed you -- despite the team’s incredibly hard work -- and we’re sorry.

To try to make this right, Epic is offering a full refund to every Paragon player for every purchase on any platform. This refund will come directly from Epic rather than your platform provider.
In order to receive a refund, PlayStation 4 players can go through their Epic accounts, while those on PC without an Epic account can use a separate link.

Paragon fans should also note that as “the player population continues to decrease, matchmaking times and quality will further degrade,” Epic said.

Epic Games first launched Paragon in March 2016 as an Early Access title on PlayStation 4 and Windows PC. It later went into open beta in August. Epic Games initially charged players to participate during the Early Access phase before making the game free to play. Paying a premium granted players additional cosmetic items and upgrades.

Epic Games had never specified a full release window for Paragon. The game at one time had more than seven million registered players, according to Epic Games, yet players suggested that the actual active population was far below that toward the end of the game’s lifespan. Epic Games has found far more success with Fortnite, another multiplayer game in Early Access that has enjoyed a large fanbase and increasing popularity since its 2017 launch; earlier this month, the developer said it was shifting gears toward Fortnite and away from Paragon.​

Link:Polygon

Overwatch dev update

[video=youtube;5P1Md792fF8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5P1Md792fF8[/video]

For Honor season 5 will bring major gameplay changes

[video=youtube;bwfRxhMLNdg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwfRxhMLNdg[/video]

BioWare producer confirms a new Dragon Age game is in the works

The Dragon Age series has taken a few years off since the release of the excellent Dragon Age: Inquisition, but BioWare and Electronic Arts haven’t forgotten about the swords-and-sorcery role-playing series, and a new game is in the works.

BioWare executive producer Mark Darrah confirmed work is underway on a new Dragon Age game via Twitter, adding that he is currently working on both that game and the online action-adventure Anthem, which was first shown during EA Play last summer.

It’s unclear who else is involved in the fourth Dragon Age game’s production. Inquisition‘s creative director Mike Laidlaw left BioWare in October, after also working on the Mass Effect series as well as the cult classic Jade Empire. Back in September, Laidlaw said Dragon Age 4 was “not confirmed,” so it’s possible BioWare has something else in mind for the next game, rather than a simple sequel.

Inquisition took the franchise into a more open-ended structure, with several enormous environments for players to explore and a story that tied back to previous games in the series. It seemed like a natural evolution for Dragon Age, as opposed to the regression we saw with Mass Effect: Andromeda. The latter franchise has been put on hiatus by Electronic Arts, with much of its development team moving to assist with the publisher’s other projects, instead.

Players’ confidence in BioWare — or Electronic Arts — isn’t especially high at the moment. Aside from a few of its sports titles, 2017 wasn’t kind to the company. Mass Effect: Andromeda released to brutal reviews which criticized everything from the animations to the writing, and Star Wars: Battlefront II made headlines for all the wrong reasons. The game even found Electronic Arts as the subject of investigations both in the United States and abroad, as its loot box system has been compared to gambling.

Still, we’re crossing our fingers for the new Dragon Age. It seems to be the one series EA has a good grasp on, and Inquisition set a great foundation for future games — though we are hoping to actually fight a few more dragons in the next game.​

Link:Digitaltrends

Sea of Thieves beta: Good news for Xbox One and PC fans hoping to download and play

The Sea of Thieves beta continues this weekend and will carry on for longer than first planned.

Microsoft announced an extension of the current closed playtest run on Xbox One and PC, following issues players had gaining access and playing.

With those who pre-ordered missing out on a few days of action, the tech giant has decided to extend the beta run.

The closed Beta will now end on Wednesday, January 31st at 8am GMT, providing two days more of action.

Here’s the latest from the Rare Sea of Thieves team, who have confirmed: “We know that a number of you are still unable to get into the game to play.

“Our Community and Customer Support teams are working hard to keep you all updated with information as we get it, but we’re also taking what you’re telling us back to the other teams here at Rare.

“Some players who pre-ordered the game digitally are seeing a “too early” message. We have been working with our partners across Xbox to get this resolved as smoothly and as quickly as possible.

“The fix for the issue began rolling out last night (UK time) and is unfortunately taking longer than anticipated to reach all affected players. We’re sorry that this is the case. We’ve set up a dedicated article for this issue on our Support site.

“We know your gaming hours are precious and our number one goal is to get everyone with Closed Beta access into the game as soon as possible.

“Whilst we work on making this happen, we’d like to announce that we’re extending the Sea of Thieves Closed Beta by two days.

“This means the Closed Beta will now end on Wednesday, January 31st at 8am GMT. We want to ensure that anyone who has missed out on any time sailing the seas still gets to enjoy the Closed Beta to its fullest.”

Sea of Thieves beta release date and times: Xbox One closed games news
Xbox One news: Microsoft makes another HUGE Games Pass announcement
Sea of Thieves update includes a quest for gold

Those who have preordered from the Microsoft / Xbox Store, The Sea of Thieves Closed Beta will appear in your 'Library' on the Microsoft Store if playing on PC and 'My Games and Apps' if playing on Xbox.

It should be noted that while the Sea of Thieves Closed Beta is effectively a trial run and progress won't carry over into the full adventure launching on March 20th.​

Link:express

[HR][/HR]

[video=youtube;78k6Wy_c_t0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78k6Wy_c_t0[/video]

[video=youtube;glzCYyPJjpM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glzCYyPJjpM[/video]

[video=youtube;QNYojKxww5U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNYojKxww5U[/video]

[HR][/HR]

[video=youtube;HEg8alOCS_c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEg8alOCS_c[/video]

[video=youtube;qZ9yxP_B1Jg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZ9yxP_B1Jg[/video]

[video=youtube;8R8ri4q36KQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8R8ri4q36KQ&index=5&list=PL73YndQawY3NKXWwny9IUJIEVge9_nWU7[/video]

[video=youtube;Do1koFI6V5w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Do1koFI6V5w[/video]

[video=youtube;lam0NXzELP8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lam0NXzELP8[/video]

[video=youtube;d86d_qVu7yI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d86d_qVu7yI[/video]

[video=youtube;YrFvAbUf1yw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrFvAbUf1yw[/video]

[video=youtube;04hZyCsl1TQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04hZyCsl1TQ&t=72s[/video]

[video=youtube;sR0UnRuwHVE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sR0UnRuwHVE[/video]

[video=youtube;25v0-v3HDOA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25v0-v3HDOA[/video]

If you would like to be interviewed for the spotlight, please contact [MENTION=67628]Linessah[/MENTION] or [MENTION=83576]Shiny[/MENTION].

[HR][/HR]

Thank you for reading and have a nice week!
- The Fever Weekly Team

[HR][/HR]​

Antideam

Clan Member
Nov 30, 2017
Clan Rank
Corporal
Corporal
Cool!

C

Citten

Woot!!!!

GrimlockBlyth

Clan Member
Jan 1, 2018
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major

Of the Army
Yay! Diablo non-seasonal event!

Pallor

Clan Member
Jan 14, 2018
Earth
Clan Rank
Sergeant
Sergeant
I have had that same cartoon strip about the boss fight in my system for years. :playful:

CiokoF13ndra

Clan Member
Nov 23, 2015
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major

Of the Army
great as usual! Lol Taylor Davies though :)))

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)