Fever Press: Fever Weekly Issue #298 (1 Viewer)

Kimenu

Clan Leader
Jul 19, 2015
Wherever I may roam
Steam
View
Clan Rank
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Issue 298

Index:
(Click on any of them to be re-directed)

Editorial
Announcements
Fever Events
Fever Jobs
Fever FNG
P.O.W.
Member Spotlight
Inside Fever
Fever Flair
Tech News
E-Sports
Game News
Gaming Beats
Funnies

[HR][/HR]

Ahoi there members and readers of weekly. The best source to get the most entertaining weekly thread ever! I mean maybe...to me at least.

Thank you for reading and have a nice day!
- SunKenRock

[HR][/HR]

Hello, on behalf of the league of legends staff I wanted to say thank you to all of the participants of this previous tournament. From those i’ve talked to they had a lot of fun and it was a success over all. Also a special thanks to Shiva for the work he has done for the section as he transitions into his new role as CC of SC2. Thanks again and keep an eye out for the next tournament!

-Sithis-

[HR][/HR]

Events and Game Nights!

Game Nights:

Monday
- Overwatch = 9pm to 10/11pm (EST) | Host : Clavat or Chronubis

Tuesday
- Diablo 3 = 8pm to 10pm (EST) | Host : Aussietye

Wednesday

Thursday
- Overwatch = 8pm to 9/10pm (EST) | Host : Clavat or Aussietye

Friday
- Dota 2 = 3pm to 5pm (EST) | Host : Thundernut
- League of Legends = 8pm to 10pm (EST) | Host : Sixxed17
- Pubg = 8pm to 10pm (EST) | Host : Salty

Saturday
- CS:GO = 4pm to 6pm (EST) | Host : Niine
- League of Legends = 8pm to 10pm (EST) | Host : Winterrose
- Path of Exile = 8pm to 9/10pm (EST) | Host : Brood

Sunday

For any information ,or inquiry about joining look below:

@NiineCS:GO Game Nights will be hosted every Saturday at 6PM EST.If you want to join, please be in the CS:GO channels on Discord at the time.

@Sixxed17:hosting League of legends
For all friday game nights, or contact either winter or sithis if more info needed.

@Winterrose:hosting League of legends Game mode will be decided upon starting or prior with a straw poll.Always look in the moba text channel.

@SaltyPUBG Game Nights will be hosted every Friday at 8PM EST.If you want to join, please be in the channels on Discord at the time.

@Chronubis:hosting Overwatch Game Nights If you want to participate, let Chronubis or Clavat know and be on Discord at the time.

@Aussietye: hosting Overwatch Game Nights every Thursday. If you want to participate, let Aussietye or Clavat know and be on Discord at the time.

Also @Aussietye:hosting Diablo 3 events every Tuesday . If you want to participate, let Aussietye know or join in the D3 channels.

----------​
Special Occasions & Tournaments:

Note: If there is any changes ,or events not listed do contact any of the fever weekly staff

[HR][/HR]

Fever Jobs!
If you're interested in any of those, you can contact the responsible people through PM on the forum or try and catch them on Discord!

Recruiting:
You want to help out our Recruiting Teams and bring new people in? Looking to help gather more people into the clan for various games. It can add to the already busy sections,or create groups to give new or old games life.

The Recruitment Section is currently looking for officers to fill in the coordinator spots for RTS and LFG.While they would like to seek members who might that real outgoing person who can bring others into this bustling community.

Contact @Efgodlike,@Baum .@KittyMae for any further information or desire to join.

You can also contact a coordinator that has filled in for the game genre.

@Ian is the one to contact for all RPG recruitment needs.Such games are Diablo 3, POE, Guild Wars 2 ,WoW, and Elder scrolls online.

@Hoyy to join the FPS.
Examples:Overwatch, Counterstrike and Battlefield.

@ArkSun who oversees the SURV & In-game recruiting. Contact for any questions or thoughts on joining the recruiting team as a whole.Examples:pUBG,Fortnite

@ArkSun who serves MOBA overlords for recruiting. Notify for any thoughts on joining.Examples:LoL,Dota 2,Smite,Hots

The following has a need for various members and players for these new or established games: DOTA 2, CSGO, OW, Fortnite, WoW and PoE

Now recruiting isnt something always subjected to threads and being assigned to areas around the internet. You can sometimes find those in game who are looking for such place or community. Maybe inviting to the discord for gaming.

(For example if you play with a random person who seems nice and fun to be around with, then invite them to play more and also to our clan). Overall, just reach out to people to grow our little community. So not only does it support the games ,but honestly can be great to have people to play with.

----------​

Content Creators:
Would you like to keep us updated about patch-notes, new upcoming content or create guides and even whole articles all by yourself?
Then contact...

@efgodlike,@Linessah,@SunKenRock ,@Clavat, @Axle
if you'd like to become a Content Creator in general, for any section you'd like! Just message one of them and talk it through with them to get started.

Right now though, they're especially looking for people interested in trying to breathe life to various gaming sections across the forums.Do not let the name fool you, this type of job is fairly simple ,especially if you have alot to talk about. Its about getting creative and putting effort to inform the members of something about that game or anything informative in general.

----------​

Game Sections:
Sometimes our gaming sections need some fresh blood and help to either start up or keep going! Such as in game recruiting . Focusing on having fun and letting anyone know what community you are apart of.Though there are always more chances to help if recruitment isnt your thing.
So, if that sounds interesting to you, contact...

@Thundernut ,@Kimenu are looking for people who'd like to officially start forming a gaming section for For Honor, as it is a great game with a lot of potential. For further info on the state of gaming ,follow this link in case of confusion.State of Gaming.

Note to XOs/CC : Contact SunKenRock for any information you need here.

League of Legends:

@Shiva,or @Sithis.They are seeking various hands to be apart in helping out. The types of jobs can range for Officer(2LT)and mostly to help with various aspects of the section. Also he is looking for help with planning tournaments.Any active enlisted members within game that can give feedback and keep attention high.

Path of Exile:

@AxlePath of exile is a growing game that will always be have new additions and updates to the game itself. So there is always a need for volunteers and members who want to join the staff to help out the section.Officers who can aid with the upper tier and forums, and enlisted who want to provide content for the section.

Warcraft

@Hoyy

We are growing fast and making steady progress in the current tier of raiding. We anticipate having heroic cleared within the next month. We are looking for dedicated people looking to push higher content in the current tier and beyond.

Heroes of the Storm:

@Baum is looking for those to join the ranks of the Heroes of the storm community. For officers you have the various chances to work with baum himself in maintaining the game section. For members it can be to keep giving life to the section and to any of those offering their free time. Such as hosts,recruiting, and posting patch notes for content.

Such as

@Baum is looking for Game Night Hosts for Heroes of the Storm.

If you would like to be a Game Night Host instead, you may host these at any time you like! Just make sure that they run smoothly and everyone behaves well. Also take note of who is attending the events, so you can report back to your Coordinator. You can of course try to think of certain themes for your Game Nights to make them more interesting - for example using heroes of a certain game only, or 'roleplaying' the characters you play as, etc.

It's all up to you to create a fun event for everyone!

Overwatch:

@Clavat:If you would like to help our Overwatch community, there is a thread Here for officers and enlisted members with the Department Jobs Openings. Such jobs include a game night host .

CSGO:

@Niine:If this is your game ,contact for all your CS:GO needs and thoughts towards the section.If you see something missing or have an idea do seek this member out.

Also they are looking for people to help her with hosting regular CS:GO Game Nights.
If you’re interested in becoming a game night host for that game or got any further questions, please let her know!

PUBG:

@Damien who is the one youd need to contact for this highly popular shooter .,it is an active game and has a game night.

Destiny 2

@ArksunWill be the XO for the sequel for destiny.Contact for anything on the game before and after release.

Master X Master

@TirusR Is the XO for Master X Master.Which is a multiplayer online battle arena .Any information or questions ask.

BDO

@Ian is the vo who runs the ever popular mmo that has seen the recent influx of popularity within the community. There are various players who come by the channels within discord .As its a good place to look for those on the game.

Fortnite

A newly released co-op sandbox survival video game which was released in July and is being run by the XO @Doiri. Find him for the all information or to ask a questions.

Diablo 3:

@Linessah:Who is driving the Diablo 3 community through the various seasons that have seen massive amounts of activity,along with numerous members joining towards building this section.

----------​
Public Relations:
Are you an out-going person who would like to represent our clan on public relations and get in contact with others?
Then consider contacting...

@Kimenu, and @Baum who is looking for new public relation members to join the team. Having shifted a few things to focus as a whole rather then have everything split.

Any aspect of Social media ,and join team to represent and promote Fever.

@-NamelessFor Reddit

@AtomicHazardFor twitter

@Doiri for becoming a Streamer or Host

Catch some attention from people with your stream and make them interested in our community!

@Rimeraz if you would like to become part of the Fever YouTube Team.
The YouTube Team is still trying to build up and get their hands on active people who would like to upload videos of their gameplay (that may be only you playing, or also sharing some fun times that you spent in a game with your friends - for example from a gamenight). Getting about two videos per month from each team member would be ideal of course, to have new content on our channel every week!
If you would be interested in joining the team, then please also keep in mind that you will have to follow both Youtube's and Fever's rules and guidelines regarding the content you upload.

Stats Department:
@BaumIs now looking for a coordinator to fill the role left open.Or any other for that matter for the the stats as a whole. For more questions about the type of jobs within the section message him. For those looking to know more about coordinator look here Link

----------​

[HR][/HR]

MichaelBae / Kalanoms / General Cooper / gvkatashi01 / Nefarious /

Deathe25 / WithoutAtrail / truthseeker83 / PlasmaCannon / Daniel /

Normalicious / Kharmul / Neptas / JNG Fifty / Der Sensenmann

[HR][/HR]

Last week's winner's were Thunernut and Aug- please congratulate those lads! Then have the fight it out to see whose the better of the two.

This week's nominees are:

Ivopenedmyeye

WolfishGG

Matchaos

Please vote for them here -> PoW-08-14-2017

[HR][/HR]

Heres a look at various threads created during the week within the clan.

Season 11 - What Character Class are you running? Among other threads for season 11 made by Gizmo256.

League of league videos More videos about league and players

Hearthstone Expansion Release More content has been added to the game and various videos have been posted with an active player,sparkis.

Hots players to team up ,and content galor Members looking to join others in the game ,along with video content made by Etrigahn.

Fortnite dev update Just a nice video shared by doiri

August's Dota 2 game nights. Fresh updated thread to give info to current and future players within fever.

[HR][/HR]

Only one new video this week, work has been taxing on me so let's sit back, relax, and watch Etrigahn's HOTS Action!
[video=youtube;c8ShwHuJiW4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8ShwHuJiW4&t=953s[/video]

[MENTION=77356]Etrigahn[/MENTION]

[exsig=Mention] @ @ [/exsig]

[HR][/HR]

SunKenRock: As with any member ,there is always some history behind their name.What was your inspiration or credit to have that name?
Stoned Penguin: I originally got the name Racist Penguin from a song and i liked the joke in it but in a community i used to be in suggested that i changed it to stoned penguin since that would fit me more(i was a really steroetypical stoner).

SunKenRock: Starting with one origin to another. Where did the your gaming history start?
Stoned Penguin: I got really interested in games from watching my parents play(apparently that was uncommon) later they would let me play(command 'n' conquer, doom and starcraft) and i've always liked games for as long i can remember.

SunKenRock: Is there a game that you will always love no matter how aged or dated it might become compared to todays standards.?
Stoned Penguin: Warcraft 3, no doubt. Still play it every now and then and i have always had it installed

SunKenRock: Do you have an hobbies outside of gaming ,or special talents youd like to share?
Stoned Penguin: I don't really have talents of any sort. I've done hobby work with photoshop, learning to code and worked with servers just to learn about

SunKenRock: Being you play PC quite a bit ,what is your best moment or maybe a achievement that you got.?
Stoned Penguin: Well there is one thing but that has an up and down side, i used to play CS:S a lot with some of my classmates(thousands of hours), we going to a tournament which was the biggest in my country and because i was gonna have surgery i couldn't go but atleast they made it into top 20 with a replacement.

SunKenRock: Continuing on , could you give a rough estimate of how many hours you might have in the game you played the most.?
Stoned Penguin: Easily CS:S, i had atleast 3500 hours

SunKenRock: Congrats on your first month being within fever, have anything moments that youd like to share?
Stoned Penguin: I haven't really been that active yet or played with memebers that much so nothing yet.

SunKenRock: Would you care if i decide to add another question just to make it uneven?
Stoned Penguin: meh.

SunKenRock: There anything you liked to say to those readers or members who may pass by.
Stoned Penguin: I'm always up for trying new games, any of the main games or others. i prefer playing most games with others which one of the reasons i came here. Last note, i might seem a bit quiet before i get to know people.​

[HR][/HR]

[video=youtube;IuLMSRwKceU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuLMSRwKceU[/video]

Scientists successfully infiltrate computer using malware coded into DNA

In what reads like science fiction becoming reality, researchers at the University of Washington have been able to successfully infect a computer with malware coded into a strand of DNA. In order to see if a computer could be compromised in that way, the team included a known security vulnerability in a DNA-processing program before creating a synthetic DNA strand with the malicious code embedded. A computer then analyzed the “infected” strand, and as a result of the malware in the DNA, the researchers were able to remotely exploit the computer. The results were published in a recent paper.

“We wanted to understand what new computer security risks are possible in the interaction between biomolecular information and the computer systems that analyze it,” the researchers wrote, led by Tadayoshi Kohno, a professor of computer science at the University of Washington.

For More:The Verge

[HR][/HR]

[video=youtube;l92J1UvHf6M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l92J1UvHf6M[/video]

[HR][/HR]

Deathmatch coming to Overwatch, along with a new map

[video=youtube;4_CBzklel1c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_CBzklel1c[/video]

Valve announces Artifact, a Dota 2 card game

At this year’s International Dota 2 Championships, developer Valve Software announced a new game coming soon: Artifact.

Artifact is a card game based on Dota 2 involving three boards and a selection of characters from Valve’s flagship game, though other details remain light. The game was announced just before the final match of Day 2 of TI7 by event host Sean “Day9” Plott, who gave a vague description of the game that seemed to indicate it would involve building barracks, creeps, and lanes (after suggesting the announcement was not related to Dota 2). Comparisons to Blizzard’s Hearthstone seem inevitable.

The 2017 International Dota 2 Championships continue through this week. There is no announced release date for Artifact other than some time in 2018, though its Twitter account is now live.

Source:Polygon

SKULL & BONES’ story cannot be played without multiplayer

Players have been excited for a return to the high seas ever since Skull & Bones was announced at UbiE3. Though a spiritual successor to Assassin’s Creed: Black Flag, the game will offer a more intricate adventure as a pirate. Ubisoft creative director Justin Farren provided more answers on the upcoming experience.

In an interview with GameSpot, Farren talked about the focus on PvP, obtaining in-game loot, and long-term plans. Among the first things he addressed was boarding actions. According to him, the act of boarding another player’s ship is a mechanic the team is still working on. “We want boarding to be something that’s very intense and visceral,” he said. “If you think about other games where they have quick-time events, we didn’t want that. We wanted it to be skill-based.” Thus, it doesn’t look like there will be any first-person perspective in PvP crew battles. Albeit, the team hasn’t ruled it out. Ubisoft’s priority is making the mechanic work in a game that has several other ships in action.

Additionally, Farren promised there would be post-launch content for Skull & Bones. As he said, they will include “new gameplay, modes, new content for the player to earn, and then of course, new regions to explore.” While he promised this was a part of the “service” players get with the game, he didn’t specify whether it would be free or come in the form of a season pass.

Source:cogconnected

First look at Microsoft's gorgeous new Xbox avatars (exclusive)

Microsoft has been working on new Xbox avatars for quite a while, having teased them several months ago. They're nearly ready for prime time as part of the Fall Creators Update for Xbox One, and we got an early look.

If you're in the Xbox Alpha Ring, you'll notice that there's a new "Xbox Avatar Editor" app, that's listed but currently inaccessible. Well, we got a look at the Windows 10 version of the new Avatar Editor interface and some of the editing options. Here's what to expect!

Note that this is a work in progress running on a Windows 10 PC, rather than Xbox One. The app is built using Unity3D and is capable of running across all Universal Windows Platform (UWP) compatible Windows 10 devices.

It's certainly early days for the app, but the new Xbox avatars are unquestionably beautiful, full of detail, vibrant art, and expressive animations. The sheer amount of options and combinations that Microsoft seems to be gunning for is not only incredible in terms of potential volume but also unprecedented in inclusivity and personal expression.

The current version of the Xbox Avatars Editor app is very similar to the existing app but with some Fluent Design translucency. This could change later on, but the basic functionality is there. You will be able to edit and customize your new Xbox avatars in the same way you can today, with some powerful differences.

How are the new Xbox avatars different?

First, you can completely customize the avatars now, with infinite options for colors and specific options for limbs and bodies. If you're pregnant, you can express it. If you have a prosthesis, you can express it. Height and weight options are far more varied and customizable than before, too, and there is no restriction on what colors you can use where. If you want to have bright green skin and role play as an orc, or pale white zombie skin (like me) that's totally in the cards.

The color options aren't only infinite, they're smart. As seen above, they keep your most recently used colors under an "Active Color" tab, allowing you to easily find that specific shade you just used.

Beyond physical customization, the new version of Xbox avatars lets you customize your mood, too. While the previous avatar versions did have some rudimentary emotional expressions, you can now set the tone of your character's body language throughout by changing their mood. I always felt my existing Xbox avatar was way too energetic to really be me.

What if you're really fond of your existing avatar? Not to worry, Microsoft isn't shutting down the existing Xbox 360 avatar system, nor its content. You will still be able to access all of your existing purchases and inventory, using a separate "Xbox Original Avatar" app, which will be available to download later. You can also import the old avatars into the new system for use on Xbox Live, if you want to retain your previously-owned content.

For More:Windowscentral

[HR][/HR]

[video=youtube;rH3PXvVEwjM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rH3PXvVEwjM[/video]

[video=youtube;RYrmEhn5_os]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYrmEhn5_os[/video]

[video=youtube;yKFPL-xP3xw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKFPL-xP3xw[/video]

[HR][/HR]

[video=youtube;a_QjH_rRcJk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_QjH_rRcJk[/video]

[video=youtube;9D7lnlxhYh4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9D7lnlxhYh4[/video]

[HR][/HR]

Thank you for reading and have a nice week!
- The Fever Weekly Team

[HR][/HR]​

Last edited by a moderator:

sparkis

Vetted Officer
Oct 1, 2016
Clan Rank
Vetted Officer
Vetted Officer
Nice work with the Fever Weekly as always :)

For any Fever Clan Hearthstone players out there, competitive or casual, I encourage you to sign up to our clan's Hearthstone player roster for help with completing daily quests, test new deck ideas and for general fun.

Also, feel free to join in the hype and discussion regarding the Knights of the Frozen Throne expansion in rts_n_strategy channel in Discord.

Hope to see you all there :)

Eliminator

Clan Member
Jun 22, 2016
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Good stuff in there. :rock:

orcy11

Clan Member
Sep 16, 2015
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major

Of the Army
good issue :D

GaReBeaR

Clan Member
May 10, 2017
USA
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
very good issue thank you

CatterinaLily

Clan Member
Jun 11, 2017
Clan Rank
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Kinda cool that we're going be able to better customize our Xbox avatars :)

And I love the "old age" graphic there! Made me instantly think of Garalt from The Witcher.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DivineKitty News & Media 8
SunKenRock News & Media 10
SunKenRock News & Media 8