Fever Press: Fever Weekly Issue #284 (1 Viewer)

Kimenu

Clan Leader
Jul 19, 2015
Wherever I may roam
Steam
View
Clan Rank
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Issue 284

Index:
(Click on any of them to be re-directed)

Editorial
Announcements
Fever Events
Fever Jobs
Fever FNG
P.O.W.
Fever Flair
Member Spotlight
Security News
E-Sports
Game News
Gaming Beats
Funnies

[HR][/HR]

Greetings! To our fans and readers of fever. Welcome to this weeks weekly . While it might seem like a big issue, its only due to the efforts of a wonderful staff. In order to share with others what we have found. So enjoy and hopefully there is something for everyone.

For this week i want to pose a few questions for the readers.You have a chance to answer one of three questions about a fellow member.(so no trying to collect all the answer)

Each is 500 fever coins as reward from yours truly. What is the name of the LTG known as Sithis ? Whose is the character in TheBossGuys's Avatar/Sig. Lastly ,what country is Cybernetcrash from?

Also id like to thank SunKenRock for being a wonderful editor

Have a lovely day- Kimenu

[HR][/HR]

Few things we have in the month of may

Attention Fever members! Do you enjoy your game? Would love to get recognition for posting about/creating content for that game? @Linessah is doing a give-away for NEW content creators for the month of May. Come join the Content Creation team! Contact: @efgodlike, @Requ1em, @Linessah, or @SunKenRock for more details!

Message to all PUGB players~ We will be hosting our very first PUGB tournament in two weeks. Please be sure to sign up if youre willing to participate in this event! You can find more information here: Link-Kiss

May Donation Contest~Aug is doing another contest this month for all those who have donated.The games are a nice selection ,AND if the goal is beat the prize is the ever growing PUBG. Even if you cannot donate ,its good to spread the word to others . For more info Contact Aug or Link

[HR][/HR]

Events and Game Nights!

Game Nights:

Cards Against Humanity Game Nights are being hosted every Friday at 8pm EST - so just join the appropriate Discord channel once the Game Night is running!

CS:GO Game Nights will be hosted every Saturday at 6PM EST.
If you want to join, please be in the CS:GO channels on Discord at the time.

Starting on the 13th of May, 2017 (Saturday) there will be a league of legends game night hosted by @Winterrosel.With basic times going from 8pm EST to 9pm EST (perhaps a little longer if all goes well).Game mode will be decided upon starting. It will be held in discord.

@Juugo is hosting a Heroes of the Storm EU Game Night every first Saturday of a month, starting around 3PM UTC.
If you are interested, you can read up here and be in Discord at the right time.

@Baum is hosting a Heroes of the Storm US Game Night every Monday at 9PM EST/6PM PST to 11PM EST/8PM PST.
If you would like to join in, let him know and be in Discord at the time. Also check out the post for it here!

@Baum is hosting a Heroes of the Storm US Game Night every Thursday at 9PM EST/6PM PST to 11PM EST/8PM PST.
If you would like to participate, then read the details here and be in the HotS-channels on Discord at the time.

@August is hosting Overwatch Game Nights every Tuesday at 8:30PM EST.
If you want to participate, let August or Clavat know and be on Discord at the time.

@Clavatis hosting Overwatch Game Nights every Thursday at 08:00PM EST.If you want to participate, let Clavat know and be on Discord at the time.

@Florilucem is hosting StarCraft II Game Nights every Thursday, starting at 6PM PST.
If you're interested, please click here for more information!

@KingCatNip is hosting StarCraft II Game Nights every Friday, starting at 7:30pm PST.
If you're interested, please click here for more information!

----------​
Special Occasions & Tournaments:
The first Saturday of the month @Sithis will be hosting member meetings at 4pm EST on Discord.

Note: If there is any changes ,or events not listed do contact any of the fever weekly staff

[HR][/HR]

Fever Jobs!
If you're interested in any of those, you can contact the responsible people through PM on the forum or try and catch them on TS!

Recruiting:
You want to help out our Recruiting Teams and bring new people in? Looking to help gather more people into the clan for various games. It can add to the already busy sections,or create groups to give new or old games life.
Then contact for following for each type of game.

@Baumto join the Looking For Group (LFG) or Moba
Example:Looking in general,or for mobas LoL,Smite,Dota 2,Heroes of the storm .

@Sasori to join the Rpg
Example:path of Exile,ESO,WoW

@GamerKnoob to join the SURV.
Example:H1Z1,RUST,PUBG,Conan Exiles.

@Hoyy to join the FPS.
Examples:Overwatch, Counterstrike and Battlefield.

@Lawrence of Arabia to join RTS
Examples:Starcraft II ,Hearthstone

Now there recruiting isnt something this always subjected to threads and being assigned to areas around the internet.

That means, you'd be part of the Recruiting Team, but wouldn't have to bump any threads with recruiting messages. Instead, you would recruit for us in the game itself (for example if you play with a random person who seems nice and fun to be around with, then invite them to play more and also to our clan). Overall, just reach out to people to grow our little community!

Game Sections:
Sometimes our gaming sections need some fresh blood and help to either start up or keep going! Such as in game recruiting . Focusing on having fun and letting anyone know what community you are apart of.Though there are always more chances to help if recruitment isnt your thing.
So, if that sounds interesting to you, contact...

@Thundernut ,@Kimenu are looking for people who'd like to officially start forming a gaming section for For Honor, as it is a great game with a lot of potential. For further info on the state of gaming ,follow this link in case of confusion.State of Gaming.

@Shiva:Freshly taking control and starting off to take league and seeking various hands to be apart in helping out. The types of jobs can range for Officer(2LT)and mostly to help with various aspects of the section. Also he is looking for help with planning tournaments.Any active enlisted members within game that can give feedback and keep attention high.

@Clavat:If you would like to recruit for our Overwatch community in the game.Also to officers and enlisted there is a thread HERE,that lets you know what he up for grabs.

@Niine:If this is your game ,contact for all your CS:GO needs and thoughts towards the section.If you see something missing or have an idea do seek this member out.

@Synizta:Among the battle net games, you have this lovely RTS .Having built its own group that supports it ,along with game nights. Who is to say that it cant be expanded ,and maybe have more ideas to bring even greater activity.Another good officer among others is leading this section and always looking for additional helping hands.

@Artega:Who is driving the Diablo 3 community through the various seasons that have seen massive amounts of activity,along with numerous members joining towards building this section.

@Lawrence of Arabia:Wanting to not let the other mobas take all the glory? Maybe filled with ideas or wanting to work towards giving this section a push? Do not be afraid to contact or get a hold of this officer.

----------​
Content Creators:
Would you like to keep us updated about patch-notes, new upcoming content or create guides and even whole articles all by yourself?
Then contact...

@efgodlike, @Linessah, @Requ1em, or @SunKenRock if you'd like to become a Content Creator in general, for any section you'd like! Just message one of them and talk it through with them to get started.

Right now though, they're especially looking for people interested in trying to breath life to various gaming sections across the forums.Do not let the name fool you, this type of job is fairly simple once you get the hang of it. Its about getting create for putting effort to inform the members of something about that game.

Also we have various contests to always sweeten the aspect of doing a good job in the department.

----------​
Social Media:
Are you an out-going person who would like to represent our clan on social media and get in contact with others?
Then consider contacting...

@Kimenu who is looking for new members for the Facebook Team!
You would have to post regularly on our facebook and follow the team's instructions to represent and promote Fever.

@Doiri for becoming a Streamer or Host for the Fever Streaming Team.
Catch some attention from people with your stream and make them interested in our community!

@Rimeraz if you would like to become part of the Fever YouTube Team.
The YouTube Team is still trying to build up at the moment and get their hands on active people who would like to upload videos of their gameplay (that may be only you playing, or also sharing some fun times that you spent in a game with your friends - for example from a gamenight). Getting about two videos per month from each teammember would be ideal of course, to have new content on our channel every week!
If you would be interested in joining the team, then please also keep in mind that you will have to follow both Youtube's and Fever's rules and guidelines regarding the content you upload.

----------
Event & Game Night Hosts:
If organizing a game night and keeping people entertained is a thing you'd like to do, then contact...

@KittyMae, if you'd be interested in becoming an Event Night Host!
That basically entails hosting any sort of gathering that doesn't involve any of our main games. For example already hosting Cards Against Humanity and generally things along those lines.

@Niine, who is looking for people to help her with hosting regular CS:GO Game Nights.
If you’re interested in becoming a game night host for that game or got any further questions, please let her know!

@Baum is looking for people willing to be a Game Night Coordinator (2LT+) or Game Night Hosts for Heroes of the Storm.
As Coordinator you would have to take care of all the Game Night Hosts under you, and see to it that everybody does their jobs and logs the Game Nights properly.
If you would like to be a Game Night Host instead, you may host these at any time you like! Just make sure that they run smoothly and everyone behaves well. Also take note of who is attending the events, so you can report back to your Coordinator. You can of course try to think of certain themes for your Game Nights to make them more interesting - for example using heroes of a certain game only, or 'roleplaying' the characters you play as, etc.
It's all up to you to create a fun event for everyone!

@Clavat who is looking for someone to host Overwatch Game Nights regularly.
Just make sure that things run smoothly during the events and write down the names of the people who are joining in, so you can report that to your superiors.

[HR][/HR]

AlkhorBabbelBulletz4breakfastBrocksamsonDeltaDeepseaDoirdynDusklFunkyfoxGreekehGunslinger115lJohnnyjedivaderKaseywolfLoanmeLostMarwickMcscruffinNightskyPetetokenPriboomPrincessQuagmirelRayjpRobert1221SharpiilSirlongsausage

[TD="align: center"]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[HR][/HR]

This week's PoW isn't up yet, so please check for it later! :)

[HR][/HR]

I'm Commander Shepard and Zamuraidux's Mass Effect Multiplayer is my favorite video on the Citadel!
[video=youtube;0NxcMhJTDQo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NxcMhJcTDQo&t=80s[/video]

DarkslayerTV has commentated on some Starcraft II action!

[video=youtube;cakIlBaVHfM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cakIlBaVHfM[/video]

Starcraft with the Brood

[video=youtube;rtL_32DOj0g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtL_32DOj0g&feature=youtu.be&ytbChannel=Adam%20lighthizer[/video]

[exsig=Mention] @ZamuraiDux @DarkslayerTV @Brood [/exsig]

[HR][/HR]

Back in action...we start with a new member who isnt shy...Svarogia

Emmy: How did you come up with “Svarogia”?
Svarogia: It's from the Shin Megami Tensei series. I've been a fan since I played SMT Nocturne on PS2 and most of the foes you encounter have a name related to myths/religions/beliefs from all around the world. I realized that later when I played Persona 3 and decided to look for more background information! "Svarog" is the god of sun, sky, fire and metallurgy in the Slavic mythology. I added the "ia" because most of the times I chose nicknames beginning with an S and ending with an A (Sraosha, Suparna (other picks from SMT), Syclya, Sonata...). It's hard to pronounce, people usually go with "Svar" or "Rogue"!

Emmy: What is your favorite band, song, musical artist, or musical genre?
Svarogia: I can't choose! I'm just going to throw stuff that I'm never tired of listening to: Iron Maiden, Disturbed, SOAD, RATM, Nightwish, Muse, Dream Theater, Apocalyptica...

Emmy: What is your most important goal in life?
Svarogia: Wow, suddenly got real! I would say that I'd like to leave the world a less fucked up place than when I entered it. I don't know how exactly just yet, but it's important for me to leave something good behind me for the future generations. For a time, I had the idea of creating a school with an alternative educational system but I still haven't learned or seen enough to do that just yet. Maybe in a couple of decades...

Emmy: What are your hobbies?
Svarogia: Other than gaming, I don't really have any hobbies. Most of the things I like are computer-related; other than that, I like to draw from time to time, cook, fix stuff around the house... Nothing out of the ordinary, sorry!

Emmy: If I gave you a free return flight to anyplace of your choosing, where would you go?
Svarogia::To Italy! I was way too young to enjoy it the last time I was there. It's not too far from where I live, like a 3 hours drive just to cross the border but I'm afraid the magic won't be the same now that I’ve grown up. If I had to pick a place to go that I've never been to, it would be Japan and if the free return flight involved time traveling, I'd go back 8 years ago to change a bunch of terrible decisions I've made and kick my own ass.

Emmy: What is your fondest memory?
Svarogia: It's hard to pick between the time the whole family went to the north of France and we saw a giant Christmas tree while it was snowing (a hauntingly beautiful scene and a very warm moment) and the first and only time I told a girl that I loved her and she said it back. She eventually crushed my heart into pieces a few months later, but still, lots of good memories before that!

Emmy: Wow you’re from France! Do you have a favorite classical French dish?
Svarogia: I'm famous among my friends and family for cooking one of the best "boeuf bourguignon" you can find in a large radius around my house, this is also one of my favorite dishes. In my top 5 of French dishes, there is also the "soupe au pistou", "gratin dauphinois", "pot-au-feu" and "quiche lorraine"!

Emmy: What powers would you have if you were a superhero/villain? Tell me why.
Svarogia: Mmmmh. Well, if I identify myself as a superhero caring about saving the world and all that stuff, I'd pick holy powers to go ham on evil dudes crusader style. If I identified myself as a villain, I'd probably go for mind control and personality shifting powers (without anyone realizing I'm the cause of all the bad things I could make people do). As a regular guy, psychokinesis powers would be my choice, or shape shifting. The crusader and mind control things are pretty much self explanatory; the psychokinesis powers because it's incredibly useful in any kind of situation, and the shape shifting just for fun!

Emmy: What is your favorite show right now?
Svarogia: Game of Thrones hands down. I used to like TWD a lot but I was disappointed by the last seasons. I love television shows and I'm always looking to see new stuff, don't hesitate to drop some suggestions on me!

Emmy: What is your favorite outdoor activity?
Svarogia: Urgh, outdoor. Most of my outdoors activities are eating at a nice restaurant or drinking at a bar with some friends, but my favorite outdoor activity is definitely picnic and a nap in a great spot during spring/autumn (there are amazing places for a picnic in the south of France literally everywhere).

Emmy: What was your first game?
Svarogia: My very first game was Donkey Kong Country on SNES. Around that time I played a lot of arcade machines against grown ups (I needed to stand up on a chair to reach the stick and buttons
). I was pretty good despite my age (meaning I pushed all the buttons very very fast and cool stuff happened on the screen). The first game I really enjoyed is Shivers, if you like scary point & click games, this one is truly amazing. I was 6, couldn't beat it until I tried it again last year when I found it on abandonware.

Emmy: What is your main game and what do you enjoy about it?
Svarogia: My main game is Diablo 3 even if I'm not playing a lot of it right now. I don't know if I'll stick to it because I really enjoy other games like HotS, PUBG, Hearthstone, etc… I think the most enjoyable part about Diablo 3 is how many builds you can try for every class; to this day, I haven't tried them all and I sure am looking for it! The progress in greater rifts is fun but there's a lot of farming needed to reach the highest levels, and it can get repetitive (in both a good and a bad way). At the moment, I enjoy PUBG the most. I'm not very good at it, but I'm getting there slowly, and it's always a lot of fun, especially in squad.

Emmy: Would you consider yourself a competitive gamer or are you in it more or less for the fun?
Svarogia: It depends of the game really. When I invest a lot of time and energy into a game, I get very competitive and focus on the ladder. I haven't been in "competitive mode" since I stopped playing WoW though. Back then, it was all about progress and farming for progress and I’ve never been able to play casual in this game since, it kind of ruined it for me. It would be cool to find a game and get that competitive vibe again, but I'm not in a rush, as long as I'm having fun, I'm not really looking for more! So... Both?

Emmy: Is there any game in particular you wish you had?
Svarogia: There are 3 games I absolutely need to play in the near future. Zelda BotW, Persona 5, and Fallout 4. I don't have a recent console so I can't play the first 2, as for the 3rd; I'm waiting for a GOTY bundle with all the DLC to get into it. I should give Overwatch a try someday too!

Emmy: What brought you to Fever and how did you find us?
Svarogia: I was playing Diablo 3 and it got really lonely... I started my search on the official forums and I found Fever right away! I liked what I read and decided to give it a try, even if I never was in such a big online community before. I didn't want to get into a French clan even if I'm still struggling with my English: talking with people from all around the world is incredibly interesting.

Emmy: Are you enjoying the clan so far?
Svarogia: I enjoy it a LOT. I posted a feedback on the forums not so long ago about my experience in Fever so far and it's really been a fun couple of weeks. Everyone is really nice and I already feel close to some people. I'm always open to play with people I didn't play with just yet, so don't hesitate to bring the French dude in your team, you won't regret it (I won't bite, I promise, even if you smell like bread).

Emmy: Do you have any forum jobs now and if not which jobs could you see yourself doing?
Svarogia: Nope! No jobs atm. I tried to read about that in the weekly issue, but I'm not familiar enough with the structure to be of any use just yet. My English is average (btw, if you want to correct me, you're more than welcome to do it!) so it doesn't help... Since I don't know what jobs are currently available, I can't say exactly what I would be good at, but generally speaking I'm very good with people, so anything related to interacting with people would fit me, should I be needed!

Emmy:
Do you have anything else you'd like to say for the people of Fever?
Svarogia: No I think that's it! See you IG, or discord, or the forums... I'm everywhere

[HR][/HR]

[video=youtube;zGdGHthpNAM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGdGHthpNAM&ytbChannel=Business%20Insider[/video]

[video=youtube;uehZTA2t8J8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uehZTA2t8J8&ytbChannel=Futurism[/video]

[video=youtube;SgjEGPWCML4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=10&v=SgjEGPWCML4&ytbChannel=Futurism[/video]

[HR][/HR]

Mid-Season Invitational power rankings

The Mid-Season Invitational, the second-biggest League of Legends tournament of the year, is all about regional superiority. The champions of the 13 different professional leagues across the world converge on a singular spot -- this year in Brazil -- and battle to see which team is truly the king of kings.

After a competitive play-in stage, we've reached the second portion of the tournament: Four clubs face off in a series of best-of-five matches, with three advancing to the six-team group stage. With seven of the 13 kings still standing, here is how the hierarchy looks (at least according to us) going into the next round of the regal competition.

To continue further:Power Rankings

[HR][/HR]

Darksiders 3 Reveal

Return to an apocalyptic planet Earth in Darksiders III, a hack-n-slash action adventure where players take on the role of FURY in her quest to hunt down and dispose of the Seven Deadly Sins. The Charred Council calls upon Fury to battle from the heights of heaven down through the depths of hell in a quest to restore humanity and prove that she is the most powerful of the Horsemen. As a mage, FURY relies on her whip and magic to restore the balance between good and evil. The expansive, Darksiders III game world is presented as an open-ended, living, free-form planet Earth that is dilapidated by war and decay, and overrun by nature. FURY will move back and forth between environments to uncover secrets while advancing the Darksiders III story.

[video=youtube;pk_D2NSdOvA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pk_D2NSdOvA&ytbChannel=IGN[/video]

Read More:Link

Bob Ross comes to Smite

Now, Bob is returning to the internet in a very different guise: As a skin for Sylvanus, one of the playable gods in the Hi-Rez MOBA Smite. The skin will turn Sylvanus into Bob, just as he was in real life (although perhaps a little more exuberantly afro'ed, if that's possible), equipped with a paint brush, palette, and easel.

The Bob Ross Bundle, which also includes a loading frame that makes all card art appear as a painting and a "paint splatter Jump Stamp," was created "in close partnership" with Twitch and the Bob Ross estate, Hi-Rez said. "This bundle is our tribute to the greatness of Bob Ross—undeniably one of the true Gods of painting."

The Bob Ross Bundle for Smite is scheduled to go live on May 9, and will cost you $10 or 700 gems. You can get a preview of the new skin in action starting at around 27:50 in the "Happy Trees" patch notes (patch 4.8) below.

[video=youtube;79j9Fs-_KrM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1969&v=79j9Fs-_KrM&ytbChannel=SMITE%20by%20Hi-Rez%20Studios[/video]

Read More:Link

Overwatch has earned Activision Blizzard bank

Launched on May 24, 2016, we learned last week that the online multiplayer shooter had surpassed 30 million registered players—a pretty amazing feat given it's yet to celebrate its first birthday.

But perhaps more impressive still is how much cash its generated in that time: over $1 billion, so suggests parent company Activision Blizzard's latest earnings report.

This, according to Activision Blizzard, makes Overwatch the company's "eighth billion dollar franchise", rubbing shoulders with the likes of Call of Duty and Skylanders.

The nitty gritty of the report can be found over here, however highlights include the fact Blizzard clocked $441 million in the first quarter of the year, which is an increase of 50 percent year-over-year; it had its biggest active "online player community" in its history, during the same period, with 41 million MAU (monthly active users); and revenues of "in-game content" were up over 25 percent from 2016.

Despite the fact Hearthstone is yet to release anything new this year, its MAUs also grew year-over-year, and Journey to Un'Goro brought in a record number of monthly players. The report also suggests the free-to-play digital card 'em up has surpassed 70 million registered players.

Read More for Overwatch:Link

[HR][/HR]

[video=youtube;vC2xJ3JDokk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vC2xJ3JDokk[/video]

[video=youtube;L0MfUrJlkkQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0MfUrJlkkQ[/video]

[video=youtube;g5o9OngDvvI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5o9OngDvvI[/video]

[HR][/HR]

[video=youtube;G0xoqYlpLBg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0xoqYlpLBg&ytbChannel=HexMem[/video]

[video=youtube;pMd4S-LkywI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMd4S-LkywI&ytbChannel=sugarbeef[/video]

[video=youtube;2kr7KDCsIws]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kr7KDCsIws&t=302s&ytbChannel=Jameserton[/video]

[video=youtube;P0VgVdKjHVI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0VgVdKjHVI&ytbChannel=MojoOnPC[/video]

[video=facebook_share;260473941039424]https://www.facebook.com/GamingFunnies/videos/260473941039424/[/video]

[HR][/HR]

Thank you for reading and have a nice week!
- The Fever Weekly Team

[HR][/HR]​

Last edited by a moderator:

Clavat

Vetted Officer
Dec 21, 2015
Santiago
Clan Rank
Vetted Officer
Vetted Officer
I will answer Sithis Name = William Gilbert AKA Guillermo for meh!

Thanks for the weekly issue!!

Daddy

Vetted Officer
Apr 9, 2015
Your heart
Steam
View
Clan Rank
Vetted Officer
Vetted Officer
We all know that Cyber is actually from Sicily, part of the local mafia. He's just trying to make us think he's from Greece.

Byrdicus

Vetted Officer
Mar 26, 2017
Mississippi
Clan Rank
Vetted Member
Vetted Member
The name of the character in the BossGuy's sig is Phil Sebben, the boss in Harvey Birdman.

Eliminator

Clan Member
Jun 22, 2016
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Good old Bob Ross, makes me want to play some Smite again.

Winterrose

Non-Member
Dec 3, 2012
Camelot
[MENTION=174]Cybernetcrash[/MENTION] is from Greece. ;P

SunKenRock

Clan General
Aug 5, 2016
Kitchen
Clan Rank
Lt. General
Lt. General

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DivineKitty News & Media 8
SunKenRock News & Media 10
SunKenRock News & Media 8