Updates: Fever DotA League (1 Viewer)

Thundernut

Clan Leader
Jul 21, 2013
Clan Rank
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

What is Fever Dota 2 League

The Fever Dota 2 League is an exclusive Dota 2 League for Fever members. The League will be a competition between squads made up of Fever members.

How are we running it

We plan to run the league over the course of a month or longer if needed. Every person who signs up as either a group or on their own will be placed in a squad and be expected to stay in that squad unless moved.

Squads will play a series of matches vs other squads over the period and earn points for each win(5), draw (3), loss(1), this to be discussed ofc.

Squad composition

Each squad will have a captain, this person being voted for by the members and has to be someone who can turn up for all the matches(or nearly all). The rest of the squad will be split between regular players, ie those who can attend most matches and substitute players, those who can not be sure how much they can attend. This should give everyone the chance to take part.

Once we have sign ups squads will be formed aiming to have a reasonably similar skill level, again allowing us all to take part. It will be on the part of the squad to choose how to place people best. If people want to join as a 5 man team it will need to be approved first and would need to have an average skill level around that of the group. We will use a mean of solo and group mmr to judge this.

The Rules of the League

Game's must be made by Lobbyists and match results must be sent to a Mod/Admin
Game mode is CM with highest rated player being the Captain
No raging, trolling, leaving, and all Fever In-House Rules apply
Fever only league
No bets placed on league games

The Rewards

Fever Coins for participants, runner ups, and winners.
The chance to play in competitive environment.
Lots of fun & experience.

Can you show your interest by liking this post and if you want making a constructive comment. This is still in development for the month so feedback is welcome.

Last edited by a moderator:

digitalblade

Clan Member
Aug 6, 2015
Germany
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major

Of the Army
This sounds great. Can't wait to see the exact rules when you are finished.

So as I understand you can join alone or in a group from 2 - 5 and the highest Party MMR player becomes the Captain. Seems fair.
From there on you must act as a proper team member and do the best for your team.

I am interested to see how we do the timing. Do we have just one day and time for all the teams to play vs one other, or do we leave it to them during this mount.
It is very difficult for any tow captains to arrange proper times among 10 players for a match, so probably you are going for regulated times?
Well anyway I hope I will be able to join this, it all depends on the time for me :) I think it#s a great opportunity for anyone that have problems finding a group to play with on their own.

I think we can try to have Teams that are for specific regions, if we have players that just cannot play on different regions but their own.
Ping issues with region differences are much higher in Lobby games.
That doesn't mean such team can't play vs a team from other region. When that happens assuming there is region A and B, the first game is on A and the second on B as for the third you try to go with random coin toss. Assuming you are playing bo3.

I personally think bo1 is a fast way but it feels very unsatisfying. Till you manage to figure out how the enemy team is playing the game is over and you have zero chance of a rematch.

Last edited:

Kimenu

Clan Leader
Jul 19, 2015
Wherever I may roam
Steam
View
Clan Rank
Clan Leader
Clan Leader
My suggestion to this league is to the same as the Joindota league does in their league.
You play a bo2 with a point system 1 point for each win 0 for loss. and i dont really think we have enough active members atm to have it every region.
I also think we should have 1 match per week and those matches will be listed a week in advance so the squads can discuss in between themself when they would want to play that match. But they will have to play it durring that week were the match is set to be unless both teams agree on moving it to the next week. and if there is any trouble you contact an Officer or a general for help with scheduling.

My thoughts my English here sucks dont worry about it will probably edit it when i get home
[MENTION=53859]digitalblade[/MENTION] [MENTION=27786]Thundernut[/MENTION] @Lord_Demios909

mozacheta

Non-Member
Feb 18, 2013
This will be interesting.

aaa

Clan Member
Feb 12, 2015
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major

Of the Army
Does this mean that people who wish to join a squad together could potentially be placed on separate squads instead?

Majes

Vetted Officer
Jun 11, 2014
Michigan
Clan Rank
Vetted Member
Vetted Member
This sounds really awesome. Also, right in time for my return back to DotA.

aciufu

Non-Member
Oct 16, 2015
Sounds great, but it will be a bit complicated with the servers picking, since there are people from all over the world here.
Maybe we can make it fair and play for example one game on EU server, one on US depending on the location of players.

Daddy

Vetted Officer
Apr 9, 2015
Your heart
Steam
View
Clan Rank
Vetted Officer
Vetted Officer
Server pickings will also be kept in mind. Although, due to the overwhelming amount of EU players, it will probably be Luxembourg. If there's a reasonable amount of NA players in match, we can use 2 servers.

Administrative stuff still remain to be settled. For now, all we need is to have every DotA member aware of this event. Also inform your IRL friend about this! Maybe they are interested!

Dodoster

Non-Member
Apr 20, 2015
Sign me up, boss!

Rookie

Vetted Officer
Aug 4, 2015
Foulfell
Clan Rank
Vetted Member
Vetted Member
LET'S DO DIS LEEEEEEEROOOOOOOYYYY JEEENNNNKKKIINNNNNSSSS [MENTION=53250]Kimenu[/MENTION] I chooz u!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DivineKitty Fever Weekly Team 0
DivineKitty Fever Weekly Team 0
SunKenRock News & Media 1