Experimental *Board Games +* Game Night Mondays (2 Viewers)

Selenite

Poorly disguised as a responsible adult
Aug 23, 2019
Arizona
Clan Rank
Sergeant
Sergeant
Hello Everyone!

After seeing the considerable interest in a board game night, I feel it's time we tried holding one. Since no other game currently holds game nights on Mondays, that seems the perfect day to allow everyone a chance to join in, regardless of their usual game(s) of choice.

The idea here is to run a variety of games, ranging from party-type games like Jackbox, to digital versions of card and board games. The weekly game/s will be announced prior to game night, and will be open to suggestions from participants. The announcement will clarify what a player needs to be able to join that week's game (e.g. a copy of the game, a smartphone, Tabletop Simulator, etc).
Some games may include mature themes (even Clue is premised on murder, after all), but will not include X-rated content (I have nothing against Cards Against Humanity and other such games, but want this to be accessible to those who don't care for CAH's unique style of humor).

The current plan time-wise is to start at 5 pm PST / 8 pm EST to allow people to get home from work, and to run for 1-2 hours depending on the specific game and number of participants. Time may be modifiable if needed, especially if multiple people are interested in hosting.

The inaugural run for this experimental game night will be Monday, November 18th at the listed time. The game(s) for this week will be from the Jackbox party pack. Individual players will need a smartphone or tablet to play, but do not need a copy of the game.

Hope to see you all there! :)

nomoe

Clan Officer
Apr 9, 2018
tricities WA
Steam
View
Clan Rank
Captain
Captain
its harder but you can actually even use a computer rather than a smartphone etc.

Selenite

Poorly disguised as a responsible adult
Aug 23, 2019
Arizona
Clan Rank
Sergeant
Sergeant
The first Board Games Plus night was a success imo -- 10 attendees, and it ran for 3 hours. Based on that, it's a given that we're going to do it again soon -- but I'd like to check first whether people would prefer to have this available every week, or every other week. What do you all think?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)