Everyone play as: Count Herbert of Vermandois (1 Viewer)

Virus

Retired Founder
Feb 5, 2008
Niagara Falls, Canada
Clan Rank
Retired Leader
Retired Leader
This is a common choice for anyone who knows about history, but for those that dont...

Count Herbert Karling of Vermandois is the last land holding member of the Carolingian dynasty and decedent of Emperor Charles the Great(Charlemagne). The Carolingian dynasty started with Charles "The Hammer" Martel, who's military leadership is credited with halting the Islamic advance into France. At it's greatest extent the Carolingian Empire spanned all of France, Germany, Italy and Bavaria with client and tributary states along its borders [Map].

The goal for this round will be to restore your dynasty to its former glory. To complete this task you or a member of your dynasty must hold the following titles:
- Holy Roman Empire
- Kingdom of France
- Kingdom of Germany
- Kingdom of Burgundy
- Kingdom of Lotharingia
- Kingdom of Italy
- Kingdom of Bavaria

The Empire of Francia is a bonus. I'm not sure if you can form it if you are already the HRE so I left it out.

This is going to take a very long time to complete, time may even run out before you finish, as you start with only 1 county in France. Remember that you are not required to own everything yourself. You could hand out kingdoms to your brothers and cousins with hopes that they will expand on their own and take some of the responsibility from you. But be careful their titles don't fall out of your family.

If you cant find Vermandois it is in northern France on the border with the HRE.

I'm still having fun with my Italy game from last week so it might be a few days before I start on this one.

Vashile

Jan 31, 2013
Kansas
Lol this is beyond crazy, you want to go from 1 county to owning all of central Europe? Challenge accepted!

mandraxhair

Non-Member
Sep 30, 2011
I'll probably be playing catch up as I'm still doing the last one. Can't way to give it a go though, I think it is way more fun to have goals like these than to just play.

Vashile

Jan 31, 2013
Kansas
Took a chance and joined the Duke of Burgundy in his war to rule, victory was slowly won and I was granted the Duchy of Valois and I now own Paris. All in all considering the English invasion taking 12 French counties I have to consider taking Paris a success for the first hour of play.

Virus

Retired Founder
Feb 5, 2008
Niagara Falls, Canada
Clan Rank
Retired Leader
Retired Leader
Took a chance and joined the Duke of Burgundy in his war to rule, victory was slowly won and I was granted the Duchy of Valois and I now own Paris. All in all considering the English invasion taking 12 French counties I have to consider taking Paris a success for the first hour of play.
nice. normandy lost their invasion of england and immediately declared war for elective monarchy. they lost. there was another war for someone to be king but they also lost. not much else has happened so far in my game.

Vashile

Jan 31, 2013
Kansas
I now control 5 counties, England still controls Normandy but Medium Crown was just put into place so i cant continue my expansion for the moment. But I had to take a break due to my Culture issue irritating me lol I was doing well until I got so fixated on how to fix this foreign issue.

Last edited:

Excalibur

Non-Member
Sep 26, 2012
I may have an older save with something like this, shall have to check it out and post screenies.

Excalibur

Non-Member
Sep 26, 2012
Eh, just started over today, king of france went everywhere, when burgundy was king I got the duchy of valois then proceeded to claw Paris/champagne until the death of Herbert in 1090. Crusade for Jerusalem was won in like a year! So the papacy now controls the holy land. Catholics in Spain are pushing the Muslims to the sea. Have spread the Legacy of the Karling's to the kingdom of Aragon which just lost the title to Barcelona. Other than that, Herbert had solidified a superduchy in valois with the duchies of Champ/valois/orleans. First son just took over now. Shall be interesting on how to win these german lands I require.

Vashile

Jan 31, 2013
Kansas
Always get nervous whenever I have to contest the HRE even if they have a large internal way they are still a very dangerous power.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)