Economy over units? (1 Viewer)

Valoseu

Vetted Officer
Feb 3, 2015
AFK
Clan Rank
Vetted Member
Vetted Member
I know some people like to go straight into an economic build. Where as others would prefer to play it safe and then get economy when they feel 'safe'. What's your opinion?

-me personally as a Zerg player. I go economy over my army early game unless i scout a quick rush incoming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HellHound

Non-Member
Feb 6, 2015
New York
Never played competitive starcraft but I would say economy early game and start building an army slowly in the mid game and then full army late. But like I said I am only now becoming interested in competitive play. And yes ALL HAIL THE ZERG

Valoseu

Vetted Officer
Feb 3, 2015
AFK
Clan Rank
Vetted Member
Vetted Member
The swarm is your saviour my friend.

HellHound

Non-Member
Feb 6, 2015
New York
The swarm is love, the swarm is life. I devote myself to the swarms embrace

TurtleStrong

Clan Member
Aug 8, 2014
Colorado
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major

Of the Army
Depending on my mood, opponent and map dictates how I will spend the first five minutes.

Certain maps will give me the power to do crazy greed openings, some give way to a great early rush. It depends on how I scout that dictates the biggest move I will make in that early game.

If a zerg opponent, than I will either go banelings as an aggressive all in or I will use them defensively as I build an army.

If a protoss, the scout will show me one of many things, the most important being if they are making a good wall off or if they are setting up for a cannon based defense. If they are leaving a massive opening in the wall than I will generally try for a speedling rush to take them out early, since late game toss is terrifying to face. If they do a good wall, I will consider a baneling bust or go for a ggreedy opening and hope to capitalize their passiveness early on for my aggressive hopes later on.

If terran.... I melt them with acid. because, and I quote.... just go fucking kill them. I will either do this with a very fast 8 bane bust or I will do a 7 roach push with slowling support. If they are not ready or simply not capable of dealing with it effectively, its over before it starts.

Overall, I like to end my games swiftly since I am not personally great at longer games and do not enjoy turtle fights.

DeathRoW

Non-Member
Jan 26, 2015
Economy! Keep going for econ till the 8 minute mark thats what I usually do, because I'm normally greedy as fucking hell, but its safe because I know my timings, and I know how to, and what to scout.

BY THE WAY, who wants to practice?

DrSmitherine

Clan Member
Jan 31, 2014
Tübingen, Germany
Clan Rank
Sergeant
Sergeant
For me i always prefer economy. If i know a rush is coming ill get some static D and keep going on with my eco. The more eco i have the faster i can get out my Fleet

Tesomas

Non-Member
The swarm is your saviour my friend.

You misspelled sAviOr.

On topic: I always go eco unless it's my 5th ZVZ is a row. I lack the micro and build precision necessary to do decent aggro builds. Plus, as I'm getting back into SC2 and working up through the leagues, I know my macro will carry me through if I can get to the late game

DeathRoW

Non-Member
Jan 26, 2015
You misspelled sAviOr.

On topic: I always go eco unless it's my 5th ZVZ is a row. I lack the micro and build precision necessary to do decent aggro builds. Plus, as I'm getting back into SC2 and working up through the leagues, I know my macro will carry me through if I can get to the late game
Fuck sAviOr. I looked up to that guy and he brought the entire community down.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)