Pending: Double Posting in forums. (1 Viewer)

KillerQueen

Apr 13, 2016
Is this a bug on the site's end? Every time I go to post in the forums more often than not it posts twice, and I've seen the issue happen with other users. Any known fix, or is it just something we gotta deal with?

Gyorn

Retired Leader
May 4, 2015
Coburg
Clan Rank
Retired Leader
Retired Leader
Hey there [MENTION=66588]KillerQueen[/MENTION].

So unfortunately I've to say yes and no at the same time to this.
Yes, because obviously it's a bug with the site and Vbulletin in the end.

Unfortunately, no, we can only try to migitate it but it won't be fixed fully. It's usually worse when we're getting DDoS'ed. Vbulletin actually has a feature to prevent double posting (you can see that when you're manually trying to post the same stuff in a short time). However, the automatic detection messes up often. For the 4.2.x branch of vBulletin this is an often reoccuring issue.
vbulletin double posts - Google-Suche
Thing is, the only way to really get around with this, would be upgrading to vbulletin 5 (and that would basically break any custom stuff).

Sorry I don't have a more satisfying answer for you.

KING3Rzz

Clan Member
Mar 14, 2015
Pennsylvania
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major

Of the Army
Hey there [MENTION=66588]KillerQueen[/MENTION].

So unfortunately I've to say yes and no at the same time to this.
Yes, because obviously it's a bug with the site and Vbulletin in the end.

Unfortunately, no, we can only try to migitate it but it won't be fixed fully. It's usually worse when we're getting DDoS'ed. Vbulletin actually has a feature to prevent double posting (you can see that when you're manually trying to post the same stuff in a short time). However, the automatic detection messes up often. For the 4.2.x branch of vBulletin this is an often reoccuring issue.
vbulletin double posts - Google-Suche
Thing is, the only way to really get around with this, would be upgrading to vbulletin 5 (and that would basically break any custom stuff).

Sorry I don't have a more satisfying answer for you.
Are there any plans to just fully update and start over an get things fully fixed up an recreate any of the custom things we have or do we just plan to make due for now?

Gyorn

Retired Leader
May 4, 2015
Coburg
Clan Rank
Retired Leader
Retired Leader
Are there any plans to just fully update and start over an get things fully fixed up an recreate any of the custom things we have or do we just plan to make due for now?
For now: Nope.
Actually I don't think we will be upgrading to vbulletin 5. Rather we're switching to something completely different (away from VBulletin).

On a sidenote: You can't simply upgrade from 4 to 5 or at least you've to pay for it. Buy vBulletin 5 Connect
Considered that, it's unlikely as said.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)