Dota 2: Disastrous Dota 2 Tournament Ending (1 Viewer)

JSTFY

Non-Member
Aug 28, 2015
Dota 2: Disastrous Dota 2 Tournament Ending

"Valve’s $3 million DOTA 2 Shanghai Major was, to put it lightly, a mess. True to form, it didn’t exactly end on a high note.

After Team Secret’s come-from-behind (the entire tournament) victory, GosuGamers reports that players of all teams awoke the next day to find cleared out practice rooms. These rooms housed precious gear like laptops and keyboards, and they were vacated (presumably by organizational staff) without warning. Where’d their contents end up? Nobody’s entirely sure."

"According to this record of events, the Marriott brought in a third party to clean out the rooms without consulting Perfect World (the company Valve partnered with to host the Major). Apparently the hotel plans to pay for the mysteriously missing gear, but man, what a bummer of an ending to a misfire of a tournament."

Tweets & Other Quotes Here (Full Article): Disastrous DOTA 2 Tournament Ends With Missing Gear, Pissed Off Player

L

Lord_Deimos909

Kimenu

Clan Leader
Jul 19, 2015
Wherever I may roam
Steam
View
Clan Rank
Clan Leader
Clan Leader
The things that went wrong with this tournament as well as with the last perfect world hosted major tournament is mainly their production. While watching the streams we have literally no chance of hearing what people are saying because they will be cutting out every two seconds as. They also have trouble communicating to with English casters/personalties seeing that the casters will be waiting for a replay they prepared upfront and it will not even get played because the production team is not able to communicate with the casters (why not get a translator)

Even thou Valve did some bad things this tournament by firing James 2GD and Key TV. I'm amazed by the fact that they managed to lose Ramzes keyboard twice during the tournament. The one thing that kept the tournament alive was the crowd at the event staying awesome and hyped for the tournament even thou it had major delays up to a 1-2 hours.

I would call the tournament a complete failure and it really helped for the viewers that
Team Secret
won

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)