Did anyone play Ultima Online, City of Heroes or Dark Age of Camelot? WoW "Old School"? (1 Viewer)

Lobotomizer

Clan Member
May 21, 2019
Idaho
Clan Rank
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
I was sitting here thinking about the early days of online gaming...dial-up. First started with a game called UO, made by Richard Garriot (Lord British). This was back in 1998. It was an awesome game as you could be a PK (player killer). In doing so, you could loot their corpse and if they had a recall rune to their house, keep or castle, you could loot that blind as well. Or until they were able to run there and ban you from the house. Also as a thief, you could stand in town, stealth and steal everyones keys or recall runes, which went to houses, dungeons or other saved locations in the land. Had an entire guild that I stole the recall runes from all of the members having a big meeting in a major town. I ransomed the runes and keys back to the GM for big profit. Was awesome times. SS's of several of our chars taken for selling of both of our accounts on Ebay. With a Tower and seven houses. Accounts combined sold for $2400. Real money for virtual stuff.

DAoC was great for the realm vs. realm warfare. Massive player battles for castles, keeps, etc. SS's of our old guild house and forming up for RvR (realm vs. realm) & a pic of one of the tougher mobs.

Playing WoW during open beta and release, SS of our guild's first downing of Rag!

SS from one of my chars in CoH.

I was just wondering if anyone in the clan had played either of those "old school MMO's"?

Herkimur/Lobotomizer

Attachments

Ghist

Clan General
Oct 23, 2017
Washington State
Clan Rank
Lt. General
Lt. General
I did play old vanilla WoW in beta and live when it came out. Lots of friends played DaoC, Everquest etc. But before all that it was MUD, BatMUD to be more exact, which was fully text based mmo.

Lobotomizer

Clan Member
May 21, 2019
Idaho
Clan Rank
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
I remember text games...I played the hell out of Zork and others. Loved it. First game I played on the Atari was a game called Reforger 88. Loved a game called Caveman Uglympics on the Commodore 64.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Sweetbit League of Legends 2
G Diablo 3 20
Kazik StarCraft 2 3