Guides: Deck guide: Consuming in the Moonlight (1 Viewer)

BruC0Ndr

Vetted Officer
Jan 20, 2014
Earth Systems Alliance Space
Clan Rank
Vetted Officer
Vetted Officer
Hey GWENTFRIENDS got a nice deck for you all, this is going to be my go to season 4 deck.

Season will only last 1 month so get the most out of it!

My goal as always will be to atleast get Master again. I'll see after that. Still need to build up my collection on PC.
This is going to be my first PC only season as i'm dropping my PS4 account.

But anyways let's get to the build!

Check the image below for all the cards in the deck, also I linked every card name with a webpage where you can see what it exactly does so you can just click on their names. I'll pretty much talk about every card in my deck here.

Deckplay
Build focuses on Deathwish and Moonlight.

Need 2 bronze copies of each bronze card for a strong Ciri Nova. Works suprisingly well still.

Key to this build is to try and use Moonlight archetype as late in the game as possible for the most powerswing at Round 3. Try and start off with deathwish/ consume at the beginning/ middle of the game. This deck is a more "Few cards, most power" deck, you won't win a long round 3 probably, because it focuses on short round 3's. A moonlight r3 is what you're aiming for and with Ge'els either pulling a Ciri Nova or Succubus for R3. Both is amazing too of course ;)

When you start the round try whitelisting the Moonlights, you only want Siren to draw them, also try and have mostly Deathwish stuff because we want moonlight late in the game. If that's not possible, just play moonlight in r1/r2 then.

Leader
Use Arachas queen early. so it doesnt get scorched as much. Don't wait for her till r3. Use her on deathwish units. Actually also going to try whipsering hillock at one point I think it might not be such a bad card in this deck.

Golds
Igni is there just for any Ciri Nova's or other powerfull cards in your enemy's deck but especially for Nova

Ge'els is there to secure you a good card, use it in round 2, if you're expecting a dry pass in r2 do it in r1. It will secure you a draw for the next round as it will place 1 of the cards on top of the deck. So it can secure you a Nova or a succ maybe.

Succubus just a pure R3 last card finisher, always use this card before you play your last card so have 1 card in your hand when you use this otherwise the opponent will just pass and you're screwed.

Ciri Nova can save you in r2 but more just a good 25 point finisher in r3

Silvers

Monster Nest amazing card giving you enough choices for a range of situations. I like to use this for a Barbegazi if I need to force cards out of the opponent or just want some carry over, also Barbegazi is good if your opponent dry-passes you in round 2 and you dont have Olgierd available. Also really good for a arachas behemoth if you know you're about to use some Consume and Ghoul is never a bad play if you need some extra points.

Operator Operator is really amazing in this deck, probably one of your best cards here as it will give the opponent literally nothing but gives you a really good extra card. Use this on the Moon light cards because your opponent will get moon light unless it's a mirror. So use it on Werewolf or Alpha Werewolf. Can also be used on Siren if you want to make sure you get moonlight on the board.

Nekurat Pretty straight forward. Spawn a moonlight, just for when you run out of moonlight or your opponent counters you alot with Hazarding the rows with Moonlight (Hazarding a row with Moonlight will remove it)

Toad Prince Pretty high tempo card, get's you atmost like 17 points on the board if used correctly. I use this to get rid of a card in my hand I don't need or to secure a round and put a card in the graveyard so it can by ressurected by Slyzard.
Also please USE THIS if you have an Olgierd in hand. IT will consume the Olgierd, boost it by it's power and put olgierd in the graveyard. Wich is really good.

Olgierd By putting olgierd in the graveyard with Toad Prince you get the power of olgierd on the board but olgierd is in the graveyard. Olgierd is pretty straightforward. It ressurects itself in round 2 and 3 by half it's points so your opponent can drypass you in round 2 but if you have olgierd ressurecting himself you wont have to lose a card to win round 2 and can just pass on the drypass ;)

Ruehin Last but not least Ruehin boosts all your cursed and insectoid units by 1. You atually have 8 other insectoid/ cursed units so its pretty nice.

Bronzes
I dont think i need to go and explain every bronze card specifically. I'm pretty much explaining them in how to use every one of them in the deck here. they're pretty straightforward.

Consume

Try and combo Cyclops with Deathwish cards, that's what he's for, use him with D'ao, Rotfiend and Archespore, you can pretty much let archespore play from the beginning of the game but if you need a quick delete just use him on the enemy.

Slyzard can be used to pretty much draw anything from your deck as long as there's a copy of it in the graveyard. Use this to maybe draw another Siren or whatever you need at the moment. You can combo this with Toad Prince too as explained.

Moonlight

Also pretty straight forward, use Siren's to get Moonlight out of your deck and Boon your row, then put the 2 Werewolves on it. Werewolf is a really good card in the beginning of the game because if the enemy only has Targeted spells and units like let's say a trebuchet he CAN'T target Werewolf because it's Immune, and will pretty much waste a card, so it's a really good card for round 3 at the beginning. Watchout though, Immune units can be scorched, by igni too, don't stack both your Werewolves in 1 row. Alpha Werewolf is just there for the points, also a good target for Toad prince or cyclops if you have no use for it.

That was pretty much it. I pretty much talked about all the cards in here, if you have any questions let me know. I might change some cards in this deck, but we'll see, for now it's a pretty good deck and it's alot of fun to play too. Hope you like it.

Last edited:

Sn0wCr45h

Clan Member
Dec 5, 2017
Clan Rank
Private First Class
Pvt FIrst Class
Looks like an interesting deck man!

I'm playing with Alchemy NG. Viper witchers with 10 removal is good in a lot of matchups and slave drivers are (most of the time) super funny.

Attachments

Last edited:

Sn0wCr45h

Clan Member
Dec 5, 2017
Clan Rank
Private First Class
Pvt FIrst Class
slave driver is cancer atm lmao
Yeh it feels kinda OP most of the time and using your OP's strategies against them is comedy gold. Although it's a bit disheartening when you see Agitator, Mahakam Guard and Wardancer.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
BruC0Ndr Gwent 0
BruC0Ndr Gwent 5
BruC0Ndr Gwent 0

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)