Closed: Computer doesn't boot after pressing Power Button (1 Viewer)

abd

Non-Member
Jun 23, 2012
Singapore
Hello guys.

In need of help here really.
My computer was working fine like a few hours back.

But when I woke up early in the morning and I tried turning on the computer, it doesn't start at all.
On my Motherboard, the LED is lighted up so I'm thinking that the PSU is not faulty as it gives power to the board to light that LED up.

Is there any specific way I can check if its a Motherboard related problem or PSU blow ?
I'm on ASUS P8P67 PRO and I can't seem to find the power switch on the Motherboard.

Need help if someone knows how to fix this.

edit: This has been fixed.

Another problem now, any game I play keeps crashing automatically without giving a specific error, anyone has encounter this problem ?

Last edited:

Plasticjesus

Non-Member
Jun 23, 2012
Seattle WA
We need all your computer specs os etc also what do you mean by crashing automaticlly does it crash to desktop does the game lock up. The devil is in the details

RootCookie

Oct 9, 2012
Since your now booting...

1) Is anything overclocked?
2) Run MemTest+ for a full cycle, about an hour or so.

y0y0ninja

Vetted Officer
Aug 27, 2011
Prattville, AL
Clan Rank
Vetted Officer
Vetted Officer
Since your now booting...

1) Is anything overclocked?
2) Run MemTest+ for a full cycle, about an hour or so.
Good idea on the memtest, but typically on bad ram the entire system locks up and freezes, not crash individual applications. I'd run a malware bytes scan, ccleaner, and disk check before pointing at the ram.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

Ping

Vetted Officer
Jan 20, 2012
Kansas City
Clan Rank
Vetted Member
Vetted Member
Ping's thoughts:

1. did the problem of crashing exist before your computer wouldn't come on?
2. If so, what was your fix to get it working?

Just as a note, if your not sure if your PSU is working, unplug the 24 pin connector from the mobo and short out the green cable on the molex connector to one of the black cables. That green cable is what the motherboard's relay uses to turn on your PC. If the power comes on, your <S>mobo</S> (EDIT:pSU) is probably fine, if not, then you might have a bad PSU.

Last edited:

ErikPel

Jun 24, 2012
Finland
I love how everyone are running memtests and stuff before actually checking if the power button is connected :D
Glad you got it fixed though! What was the problem?

toki

Vetted Officer
May 2, 2011
USA
Clan Rank
Vetted Officer
Vetted Officer
Another problem now, any game I play keeps crashing automatically without giving a specific error, anyone has encounter this problem ?
what game?

usually that game's forums will have the fixes for things like that. my LoL kept crashing and i had to check the forums, but if you have that problem, there are bound to be other people who have had the same issue before you. with a carebear poster who hopefully posts the step by steps for everyone. :3

Shiftie

Vetted Member
Aug 22, 2012
Denver
Are your games crashing to desktop, or are they giving you the BSoD? If your getting the BSoD, then monitor the temp inside your box. It might be an issue of overheating, and your OS is rebooting as a safety/security measure.

A

Agent38ddd

I love how everyone are running memtests and stuff before actually checking if the power button is connected :D
Glad you got it fixed though! What was the problem?
If you look at the timing on the posts, they were all posted after he edited his opening thread, saying that the original issue was resolved. They are posting ideas to try and help with his game crashing problem.

[MENTION=184]abd[/MENTION] -- you say any game you're playing is crashing, but you browse the internet just fine, and your other applications are working as normal? If so, then I would look at something temperature related. Gaming heats up video cards and CPU really good, so it could be a cooling issue. DL something like coretemp/realtemp (for CPU) / EVGA Precision/MSI Afterburner (for GPU) and see what kind of temps you get under load (play a game, or run a bench, and set the temp application to log your temps). If temps are too high, your machine will shutdown, or the app will crash. Lots of weird things can happen if your temps get too high. If this is the case, I would reseat my heatsink/fan combo (CPU), or make sure the fan is running properly on my video card. You can also make sure you don't have a lose screw on the video cards heatsink. I would also take a look at reinstalling your video drivers, A good place to get information is within your event viewer. If you're running Win7, just type event viewer into the search bar, and it pop right up. Select windows logs > application logs > then filter by "critical and error". A lot of the information is pretty cryptic, and will make no sense to you, but there may be something in there that can point you in the right direction.

ErikPel

Jun 24, 2012
Finland
If you look at the timing on the posts, they were all posted after he edited his opening thread, saying that the original issue was resolved. They are posting ideas to try and help with his game crashing problem.
Apparently im blind lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)