Competitive Ruling: Account Sharing | FeverClan - Gaming Community

Competitive Ruling: Account Sharing (1 Viewer)

amoretpax199

Clan Member
Mar 17, 2014
In the Valley of the Arctic Wolves
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major

Of the Army

Organization: Enemy esports, TRIG, COGnitive Gaming, Boogaloo (Challenger’s Cup)

Player: Soulshiner (NME), Tocketty (NME), Mask (COG), Lloydy (TRIG), Vetium (BOOG)

Region: North America, Europe

Date of Ruling: 4/7/2015

Subject: Terms of Service Violation, Account Sharing

Information:

The Hi-Rez support team was able to conclude that two accounts : “AntiJungler” and “BarackObongo” were being accessed by multiple different players from various professional organizations within SMITE in direct violation of the Terms of Service.

Ruling:

The accounts, “AntiJungler” and “BarackObongo” have been permanently banned. The four players in question will be suspended from the game and competitive play following the normal escalation path for all players effective immediately.

Soulshiner (NME), Third Offense = 14 Day Ban
Tocketty (NME), First Offense = 3 Day Ban
Mask (COG), Fifth Offense = 1 Year Ban
Lloydy (TRIG), Third Offense = 14 Day Ban
Vetium (Boogaloo), Third Offense = 14 Day Ban
All players will have a mandatory one-week competition ban before appeals for written permission will be considered.

Relevant Rules:

Hi-Rez Suspension Policy, Competition Rules

Hi-Rez Suspension Policy, Paragraph 2:

We track and manage various in-game offenses in our games to try to maintain a fun, friendly in-game community. We apply suspensions for any of the following offenses: leaving, harassment, intentional feeding.

1st offense = 3 day ban
2nd offense = 7 day ban
3rd offense = 14 day ban
4th offense = 30 day ban
5th offense = 1 year ban

Hi-Rez Suspension Policy, Paragraph 4 :

Account sharing will result in a permanent ban on the account that was shared as well as a normal suspension, as described above, for the main accounts of any players that used the shared account.

Read more in the link below.

Competitive Ruling: Account Sharing - SMITE eSports Season 2

ipaukko

Non-Member
Nov 7, 2014
Funland
They are really taking account sharing seriously, after all its not that bad of a thing in my opinion.

bunkerbuster

Clan Member
Mar 22, 2015
KCKS
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major

Of the Army
I don't really see the point here... Like, what benefit do they get out of it? Why bother?

Faine

Non-Member
Mar 24, 2015
Indianapolis
I don't really see the point here... Like, what benefit do they get out of it? Why bother?
It's a double edged sword for them. On the one hand it's a FTP game so there's no financial loss. On the other hand this is an FTP game, so go FTP it and stop sharing accounts I mean WTF?!?!?!?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)