Brynhildr in the Darkness (1 Viewer)

Stickz

Apr 5, 2013

The Plot: Synopsis
When he was a child, Murakami was infatuated with a girl he called Kuroneko. She insisted on knowing about aliens and having met them, but no one believed her, even young Murakami was skeptical. One day, she decides to show him the aliens, but an accident occurs and Kuroneko dies while Murakami is left seriously wounded in the hospital.

Years go by and Murakami obsesses on finding proof of the existence of aliens because of a promise he had made with Kuroneko. Then, one day, a new transfer student comes to his class, who not only looks a lot like Kuroneko, but is named Kurohaneko!

My rating: Brynhildr started off as something with potential. I was worried of the Harem tag, and it showed me that I showed of worried around episode 4. I was pretty disappointing when it got to this point though, because the Ecchi side started to cover up the good sides of the show.

The ending made me wan't to puke and never watch any other Anime for the rest of the season. It was so shit that I just wanted to erase this from my memory.

If you wan't to watch something for cock tease and some mediocre action, with a lot of crying and semi-feels, this is a good show to watch. If you wan't to watch something with a well developed character and no plot holes, go watch something else.

Stickz

Apr 5, 2013
I felt the exact same way [MENTION=24722]Stickz[/MENTION]
If you need an example where fan service fucks a show over, need not look elsewhere
Harem master 4000 has spoken. Nuff said.

0yme0

Vetted Officer
Jun 3, 2014
Indiana
Clan Rank
Vetted Member
Vetted Member
Started watching. Seemed way too slow for an anime with 13 episodes so I'm not gonna finish. :O

Stickz

Apr 5, 2013
Started watching. Seemed way too slow for an anime with 13 episodes so I'm not gonna finish. :O
It may seem like that at first, but it picks up quick..Too quick.

Sly

Vetted Officer
Feb 5, 2014
Britain
Clan Rank
Vetted Officer
Vetted Officer
[MENTION=1233]Gaudkiller[/MENTION] [MENTION=24722]Stickz[/MENTION]

what was wrong with the ending... it was sooo amazing and beautiful, that moment before she flys off.. the feels <3 <3

Stickz

Apr 5, 2013
[MENTION=1233]Gaudkiller[/MENTION] [MENTION=24722]Stickz[/MENTION]

what was wrong with the ending... it was sooo amazing and beautiful, that moment before she flys off.. the feels <3 <3
Felt rushed as all hell. I'll put it in spoiler tags though.

[SPOILER]
You don't kill off two or three main characters in about two minutes separate. For one, when you kill a main character off like that, you should probably feel something. I felt like wtf was that. I felt no resentment towards them dieing. It was just like a ant getting eaten. I hate to use it in comparison, but Naruto has main characters that have died off, and it showed meaning. I actually felt really depressed in real life when big shows have characters die off like that.

This was just a disapointment. Don't kill off a character and then try to pretend like it matters. That's basically what Brynhildr did.
[/SPOILER]

retred_healer

Non-Member
Nov 15, 2011
Brooklyn,NY
Would not recommend to my worst enemies.

So riddled with holes its like someone took a Negev to it.

Episodes 1-11 were irrelevant, episode 12 is setting, characters, plot, climax, twist, second twist, plot, filler, backstory and ending all in 20 mins.

Even MORE disappointed because this was one of my favorite writers. How the mighty have fallen.

rader953

Non-Member
Jan 31, 2015
I felt pretty much the same, if they slowed it down and cut out a lot of the fan service it would have been great. I enjoyed the overall story of it, just didn't enjoy the execution.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)