Bought my first car, any advice? (1 Viewer)

Choboy

Jun 26, 2012
United States Virgin Islands
I got a sexy 2012 Kia Optima in black this past Saturday!

Anyone of you guys have recommendations on how I can take care of my new baby?

My car didn't come with an alarm system so I'm going to get one installed soon, should I add any other cool stuff?

All I know thus far is I need to change my oil every 5,000 miles and get my tires rotated every 10,000-15,000 miles. What other check-ups should I get frequently?

Rafiee

Vetted Officer
Apr 14, 2011
Issaquah, WA
Clan Rank
Vetted Officer
Vetted Officer
Make sure you do the recommended maintenance at whatever the milestones are. Mine were something like 60k miles, 100k miles, etc. I think there were earlier ones too but I got it at 35k miles. Learn how to change your oil on your own to save a lot of money. Changing brake pads on your own is a nice money saver too. Checking fluid levels every month or two is always smart as well.

JansoriHajima

Non-Member
Apr 12, 2011
Don't become a "taxi"

Boba

Vetted Officer
Jun 24, 2012
Quebec
Clan Rank
Vetted Officer
Vetted Officer
I got a sexy 2012 Kia Optima in black this past Saturday!

Anyone of you guys have recommendations on how I can take care of my new baby?

My car didn't come with an alarm system so I'm going to get one installed soon, should I add any other cool stuff?

All I know thus far is I need to change my oil every 5,000 miles and get my tires rotated every 10,000-15,000 miles. What other check-ups should I get frequently?

You should have the manufacturer guarantee, they do all the maitenances for free, no? that's how it works here in Canada

Agent Of Zion

Retired Member
Jan 11, 2011
Clan Rank
Retired Member
My first piece of advice would have been to avoid Kias. Barring that, don't mash the accelerator and do the recommended maintenance as lined out in the owners manual.

Don't listen to anyone elses advice on maintenance but the manual.

Listen to the manual.

You should read up on that manual that came with the car.

You know where you find out what oil works best or what size tires to get, or what the proper fluid levels are? The manual.

DaddyChrisman

Vetted Officer
Jun 25, 2012
That Place
Clan Rank
Vetted Member
Vetted Member
Get Bitches.

Get Loud Music.

Don't Drive People Around.

Get Bitches who Flash.

Call Me.

..Oh yea and get all your check-ups and stuff, Yeah.

~ Chris :)

Choboy

Jun 26, 2012
United States Virgin Islands
Thanks for all the advice! AND I LOVE KIA.
Japanese cars are on the decline, German cars are too expensive, Korean cars seem just right.

I will definitely keep up with the tune ups (hopefully), and read up on the manual. I do have some warranties so I guess I'll just have to utilize it to the max.

Plasticjesus

Non-Member
Jun 23, 2012
Seattle WA
Congrats dude, Honestly the best thing you can do for your car as others have mentioned is to keep up on the basic maintenance oil and fluid changes ect

Cybernetcrash

Clan Leader
Feb 11, 2011
Greece
Clan Rank
Clan Leader
Clan Leader
Congrats with your first car! Must be quite the joy. Since the guys mentioned the necessary check-ups my only advice to you is avoid the bumps on the road otherwise in a year or two the car's plastics/connections will be dislocated and make noise. And that's something you can't reverse.

Agent Of Zion

Retired Member
Jan 11, 2011
Clan Rank
Retired Member
Congrats with your first car! Must be quite the joy. Since the guys mentioned the necessary check-ups my only advice to you is avoid the bumps on the road otherwise in a year or two the car's plastics/connections will be dislocated and make noise. And that's something you can't reverse.
Lawl, yeah that's a fact. My Corolla's dash and other plastic bits rattle some now. I shouldn't take speed bumps (you might call them children IDGAF) at 30MPH.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Sithis Adult Discussion 16
S Adult Discussion 3