gloriserve

Clan Member
Jan 21, 2017
LA, California
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major

Of the Army
So one day I was tired of waiting for my grandma to make something dessert type, so I started making banana bread.

Recipe Name: Banana Bread Plus (Adapted from Allrecipes.com)
Cuisine: American Bakery
Time (Prep/Cooking): 70-90min (60min to cook) Takes longer if you are slow at mixing
Portions: 4, but depends on how satiating it is.

Ingredients:
Dry:
2 Cups of Pancake Mix
1/2 Teaspoon of Baking Soda (Pancake mix already has Baking Soda inside so use at your discretion)
1/4 Teaspoon of Salt
3/4 Cup of Brown Sugar

Wet:
3/4 Cup of butter. I recommend melting it first in a saucepan and then adding it last minute to the wet ingredients and then adding the wet ingredients last minute to the dry mix ingred.
2 eggs, beaten. Or 3-4 egg whites as you desire.
2 1/3 cups mid to overripe bananas

Procedure:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.

2. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended. Stir banana mixture into flour mixture; stir just to moisten. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.

3. Bake in preheated oven for 60 to 65 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.

Tip:
Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.

Original recipe post on Allrecipes.com:
Banana Banana Bread Recipe - Allrecipes.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)