Avatar image fails to update (1 Viewer)

Larsen

Dec 1, 2019
Hi,

I am trying to update my image on the forums but the image doesn't get updated, it doesn't spit out any error that I can see. I'm using Google Chrome on Mac OS.

Hopefully this can get fixed soon, as I would like to update my image.

Larsen

Dec 1, 2019
I have worked with XenForo a bit in the past so I did a bit of research, perhaps this solution might do the trick? XF 1.1 - Avatar issues on new server - I'm not sure who to direct it to, but potentially setting the permissions on the directory could do it, since it "uploads" but doesn't actually apply anything.

Thanks. :)

SathKa

Vetted Member
Aug 16, 2017
44 Shadow Lane Evanstone, Ill.
Clan Rank
Vetted Member
Vetted Member
i do have the same issus when i update my ava or Profil cover its just the server is not that fast to applly the changes you made and if normal uplaod not work i Use Gravatar and then try wiht normal again ist just sometimes a bit slow and to apply

maybe there is other wys to work around this but hop that may helps you

-domi-

Larsen

Dec 1, 2019
I’ve reported this problem too. I still have multiple pics on different pages. It makes me laugh a bit.
Oh wow. It most likely isn't too difficult to fix, just requires some time to do an investigation and implement a solution. I certainly don't claim to be an expert at managing linux web servers but I would be happy to aid in any way I can. This certainly isn't intended behaviour for an XenForo 2 board.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)