Any Tips/Tricks when starting this game? (2 Viewers)

JSTFY

Non-Member
Aug 28, 2015
Hello and greetings,
just bought this game and I was wondering if there is any tips/tricks, I need to know when going through the game. Such as classes, quests etc. The usual in a MMO, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Arilyssa

Clan Member
Jun 28, 2015
Virginia
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
[MENTION=54638]JSTFY[/MENTION] if you're joining us on Coeurl, make sure to drop me a line! (Mia Hann). I'll invite you to the Linkshell. I'm getting ready to level a new class now, but if you're going to be hopping on here shortly, I can wait and help you through!

When first starting off make sure to kill mobs in your hunting log! They give good XP on top of the kill XP (if you're on PC, hit the H key in game to pull it up). Make sure you do your class quests! They're every 5 levels. Find a vendor once you've gathered a little gold and buy some cheap food appropriate for your class. You'll get stat boosts and an extra 3% xp for every kill while you're under the food's boost!

And as always, feel free to friend us in game. We'd be happy to help out and answer any questions as they come up!

Arilyssa

Clan Member
Jun 28, 2015
Virginia
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Also, we have a FFXIV channel in TS. Feel free to hop on and say hello :)

JSTFY

Non-Member
Aug 28, 2015
I will, still looking for that Y and I will certainly join the TS if I need help or to have a chat.

So I just happened up on this thread I am kinda wondering about it. I have been a long time Final Fantasy fan. I was hooked when I started playing the first one back on NES, yes I am that old :) I see they offer a free trial I might have to check it out. What do you guys think about it?

Arilyssa

Clan Member
Jun 28, 2015
Virginia
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
So I just happened up on this thread I am kinda wondering about it. I have been a long time Final Fantasy fan. I was hooked when I started playing the first one back on NES, yes I am that old :) I see they offer a free trial I might have to check it out. What do you guys think about it?
[MENTION=49766]Bob_o[/MENTION] , you should TOTALLY try it out! If you do, just make sure you create your character on the server Coeurl so you can hang out with us. If you like it, I can make you a friend code for when you create a full account and get you some nice leveling perks :D

tungdil

Clan Member
May 20, 2013
Belgium
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Just started the game yesterday. But on a europe server, so can't hang with you all. Going to enjoy leveling up slowly. In most mmo's I level to fast and don't enjoy the ride. This time will be differant.

For now, really enjoying it. Am level 10 and doing lots of quests.