Discussion: - Anime sharing sites are being DDoSed. | FeverClan - Gaming Community

Discussion: Anime sharing sites are being DDoSed. (1 Viewer)

Martinic

Non-Member
Mar 2, 2013
The anime torrenting site nyaa.se, the fansub group HorribleSubs and some other anime related sites are currently being DDoSed by an unknown source. Rumors are that the Japanese goverment is doing this as part of their anti-piracy operation. What do you guys think?

Stickz

Apr 5, 2013
The anime torrenting site nyaa.se, the fansub group HorribleSubs and some other anime related sites are currently being DDoSed by an unknown source. Rumors are that the Japanese goverment is doing this as part of their anti-piracy operation. What do you guys think?
I doubt it's the Government. It's an unknown source, which means people aren't taking credit for it. Getting a few computers and a botnet to take down a torrenting website is not that hard. Any fucking 12 year old could do that now. I doubt that a Japanese Government would take the time and money to set this up. For one, it's completely useless. There are plenty of other ways to access Anime, even if you don't pay for it. Secondly, that's illegal. I know what you're thinking though when I say that, it's illegal to give it out for free anyways, and while both are illegal, DDOSing is a Felony as it's blocking the traffic of Internet. I highly, highly, highly doubt that Japan has ANYTHING to do with this, and someone is just trying to set Japan up for some stupid reason. I also doubt these will last very long. Most DDOS attacks take like two-three days before they start even caring about it.

While this is pretty big since Japan is taking their Anti-Piracy laws seriously all of a sudden, this is just another way for Politicians to get a high vote for themselves. Torrenting Anime in America and other areas is a big topic for them, since they lose close to 1.1Billion Dollars or some shit like that. Obviously they're already rich as shit so I don't see the care for that, but I guess once you're rolling in dosh you just wan't more.

There are many websites to grab Anime from, and if anyone needs a link just let me know. I'm not going to post them here, but I will send them to you on TeamSpeak if you want.

TL;DR Not Japan will stop in a few days, who cares. Politicians OP, will do anything to get elected.

retred_healer

Non-Member
Nov 15, 2011
Brooklyn,NY
If the government really wanted to Ddos shit, I highly doubt they'd be wasting their time with a few minor torrenting sites no ones ever heard of. A very small amount of people torrent anime, anime is streamed. Makes more sense to Ddos them streaming sites. Besides it's not like kickass.to or piratebay is going anywhere so all effort is in vain. Now, let's stop blaming the government for which direction the wind decides to blow each day.

Hedd

Clan Member
Jun 25, 2012
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major

Of the Army
DDoS is not only illegal in most countries, it's seen as an aggressive attack if done from another government. The Japanese government isn't doing it.

It's likely your usual batch of net trolls using the hype to boost their egos by causing unneeded panic for no reason but their own entertainment.

Martinic

Non-Member
Mar 2, 2013
Well looks like it's working and nyaa is one of the biggest anime torrenting sites and HorribleSubs is one of the most popular subbing groups is someone can attack 2 sites their buget is pretty big

It's also lost likely two groups attacking, thy are just coinciding with what they hit .

There is always crunchyroll as well as funi if you don't mind the one week delays while this is going on

Stickz

Apr 5, 2013
Well looks like it's working and nyaa is one of the biggest anime torrenting sites and HorribleSubs is one of the most popular subbing groups is someone can attack 2 sites their buget is pretty big
Could still target much, much bigger websites than these two. For one I have never heard of the torrenting site you listed, but I'm sure it's pretty popular.

Again though, the Government would honestly have nothing to do with this. It's just a group of people trying to frame an attack on someone, and while it's so oblivious that people would even consider it's the Government, it's whatever. Just give it a few days and it'll stop.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)