Clan Member
Sep 3, 2015
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major

Of the Army
IMG_1443.jpg

The story:

So I went on hearthpwn and I saw a guy offering coaching. So I added him to talk about it. He didn't mention about what timezone he is in. With a upset attiude he calls me rude and a fag and Deletes me from his battle.net friends list. I reported him to hearthpwn to tell people to not book lessons with him. Am I being rude or is he just a jerk?

KillerQueen

Apr 13, 2016
How dare you ask questions. Totally, absolutely all your fault. Rude. Dood.

sparkis

Vetted Officer
Oct 1, 2016
Clan Rank
Vetted Officer
Vetted Officer
Firstly I want to say I feel you dude. Been down the road of online miscommunication many-a-time before.

Allow me to provide you with both an answer and an example regarding your opening post to illustrate the difference:

1. Sorry, it's a little hard to make out the chat from your screencap with my old eyes and all. From what I could make out, it may have been because they may have misread your intent within your comment and thought that you perhaps you were coming off with a judgemental tone. Doesn't mean to say that you deserve the rude response from the other person but perhaps it was that misread tone that put them off to respond in such a way. I wouldn't take it too much to heart.

2. You could have made the screencap bigger so it's easier to read but from what I can make out your tone is rather critical and judgey for someone asking for help. Terrible first impression to make. The other guy was also also a douche-bag too so don't worry.

See the difference? It's that difference coming from someone who is asking help from them that could have sparked that response. They responded like an arsehole so I'd say you're better off without that person's help anyhow. I wouldn't take it too much to heart as text is the absolute worst medium of communication in terms of being able to communicate tone and intent. If you're looking to avoid that in future, you have to go out of your way to be super clear with your tone as anything even remotely critical will likely come out that way to the other person.

Thaumius

Clan Member
Sep 3, 2015
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major

Of the Army
Appreciate the feedback Sparkis!

sparkis

Vetted Officer
Oct 1, 2016
Clan Rank
Vetted Officer
Vetted Officer
Yeah, the guy is a real d-bag. Even if he really is a Legend player, definitely wouldn't want to have him as my coach.

V4lkrie

Non-Member
Dec 14, 2016
Yeah, the guy is a real d-bag. Even if he really is a Legend player, definitely wouldn't want to have him as my coach.
im agree with sparkis

Thaumius

Clan Member
Sep 3, 2015
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major

Of the Army
Proof.jpg

He apologized via hearthpwn due to a missunderstanding therefore, Disregard this thread :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)