Guides: A New Analytics Site for Popular Challenger Jungle Paths (1 Viewer)

SathKa

Vetted Officer
Aug 16, 2017
44 Shadow Lane Evanstone, Ill.
Clan Rank
Vetted Member
Vetted Member
form Reddit

since it got Removerd herre is the Link to the Website
Jung.GG - LoL Jungle Path Finder

What is Jung.GG?

Jung.GG will analyse thousands of high elo games from this patch to find which jungle path is the most common for each Champion (where data is available).

For instance by typing "Lee Sin" you will see the most common Lee Sin jungle path taken by Master+ elo players.

Key concepts to understand before using the site

• Every jungle route is circumstantial. Although the #1 recommended route is a good start, it won't be the best approach for you every game!
  • The site isn't designed to revolutionize the jungle. A lot of junglers do a full clear? You know that. It's the small details that matter, like whether starting Blue->Gromp is more common than Red->Krugs or whether you should skip Wolves or Raptors.
  • Riot don't provide detailed jungle data, the site uses a probabilistic method to work out the most likely route based on the data. This works when you analyze 100s of games, but you may occasionally see an odd route with a low played champion.
  • The above reason is why we don't have all junglers, high elo players tend to play "meta" champions and therefore routes may be limited to these.
  • It's also the reason we can't provide win rates as the level of uncertainty is too high.

Every jungle route is circumstantial.

If you looked at a site dedicated to the highest win rate builds and searched for Rammus you will probably find something like this: Ninja Tabi, Thorn Mail, Dead Man's Plate & Randuin's Omen. It will probably suggest to have x2 armor runes too. This is because Rammus, when playing a majority Attack Damage team, will have a high win rate given his kit making him unkillable whilst deflecting damage. Does this mean that if you went against a full Ability Power team you would build the same? Of course not!

You should approach Jung.GG with the same mindset. The routes are the most common for that champion, but certaintly not the most effective at all times. The best example I can provide is the following: At the time of writing this post, Xin Zhao's #1 route was his own Red, Blue, Gromp then enemy Red, Krugs or Raptor. This is incredibly effective against an enemy jungler who is hard farming from Blue (Blue, Gromp, Wolves, Raptors). Does this mean that if you went against a Lee Sin you would do the same? Of course not! The routes are intended as directional, giving you the slightly edge, not as "Do this and win".

The site isn't designed to revolutionize the jungle.

A response I have heard occasionally about the site is: "Obviously I'm meant to clear my jungle camps? This site is for newbies.". This is both true, and untrue. The site works well for new players as it provides the very basics of the jungle. If you're new you might not even know where to start! Jung.GG > Popular Routes should help. However, the site is primarily designed for junglers who want to take their game to the next level. By analyzing thousands of high elo games we are able to extract the tiny and often subtle differences that make their jungle clear 10% more effective. This might be whether to start Red or Blue, whether to skip Gromp or Wolves or which 2/3 camps should you take before invading. This by no means is meant to turn you from Gold to Diamond overnight, but instead provide you with some information to get your win rate from 50% to 55% and get you to the next level.

Probabilistic Methods

Riot does not provide accurate jungle data, that is why you haven't seen any sites like this before! We use a complex probabilistic method that takes all the information at a given time (1 minute intervals) and work out the most likely path taken so far, we then re-run this at the next minute and see whether what we assumed was happening is still the most likely. If you asked the model to review your last game it could provide guesses of your jungle path, but these will not always be correct. However, if you ran that same path over and over again the model will predict the path correctly more time than it doesn't. With the Law of Large Numbers (i.e. if we run 10,000s of games each patch) the path deemed most common is usually right. This does mean that you will see some occasional anomalies, especially with champions with low play rates.

Where's XXXX champ?

If the model hasn't seen enough games to be confident of it's guess, we won't provide the data. Better to be upfront and say we're not sure then give you a guess. If you saw that Urgot jungle was meant to do Raptors>Blue>Krugs>invade enemy Wolves you would rightfully question it, and this will impact how much our users trust all other champions.

But which route has the highest win rate?

Riot has done an incredible job at creating a game in which most champions/strategies/builds sit around a 50% win rate. Due to this and our probabilistic models, we're unconfident that a win rate of 45% is actually 55% and this makes all the difference. If the game was severely unbalanced and there were routes that led to a 80% win rate and others that were 20%, we'd be happy to provide this information and say the win rate for one route is somewhere between 70-90% and another is 10-30% - but it isn't and there's no value in saying all routes have a win rate "somewhere between 40-60%".

Last edited:

SathKa

Vetted Officer
Aug 16, 2017
44 Shadow Lane Evanstone, Ill.
Clan Rank
Vetted Member
Vetted Member
yeah would be fun to see all the all itens back and stuff you could to like Blizzcrank Dragon hoks and baron hooks but the way it works is a bit like the private wow server so id but we could get beaned or at least the ppl that are running this and we dont know yet if riot is oke wiht it.. or not

it should be a bit ok cuz thery dont make or want to make porfit [Money} out of this but only time will tell but Hell i would love to play it myyyyy Old Irelia Innervating Locket haaah my Madres Blodrazer i miss you so much

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P League of Legends | Guides & Coaching 9

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)